Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(47 Posts)
12Michael Sun 19-Jul-20 06:11:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey cloud start here in Brackley and its been raining as well.
Today , quiet day in with a small shop.
Yesterday , despite going out things seem to be getting busier out there , in both Buckingham and Bicester some form of normality is returning .
Returning home on the bus and going through a village near Brackley a local cricket match was taking place .
I think today , its a case of proceed with caution ,as face masks will be more common from tomorrow as to where we go etc .
Take Care ,
Mick

Nannytopsy Sun 19-Jul-20 12:13:27

Good afternoon everyone - I just missed the morning!
We had a BBQ yesterday with DD, SiL, DS & DGC (DiL at work) which was delightful. Now DD & SiL have gone home, taking the Granddog with them. It’s suddenly very quiet.
SiL did a great job of shooting 2 rats in our back garden - they suddenly reappeared on Friday. I can’t help feeling that where there are 2, there will be more!
I should be out weeding but I am just have a quiet 5 minutes.
Lockdown has caused a “manyana” attitude in our house!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Susan56 Sun 19-Jul-20 12:11:51

Thank you for the heads up re Countryfile Purplepixie,I have put it on to record.

Ellan,hope the day goes well for your GGD and that you get your piece of cake?

Grandmabatty Sun 19-Jul-20 11:54:31

Good morning All (just). The washing is out, I've watered and weeded the garden and put a gammon joint in the slow cooker with apples and honey and mustard. I just have a little ironing to do and then I can tick the chores list as done. It was lovely earlier, hence putting washing out. However it's very cloudy now which is disappointing. I had an unexpected visit from DD and GS yesterday to show off his first haircut. She's kept his baby curls in a special box, just as I did. The rest of my day is a solitary one but I don't mind as I'm comfortable with my own company. Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 19-Jul-20 11:09:32

Good Morning all from SUNNY Harrogate!! Hope you manage to get your conservatory lock fixed Marydoll. Nothing particularly planned today. Will try to make a facemask or two, but I have yet to get filters for them. Should be putting a wash out soon, then making lunch. probably have a go at cutting my hair, (not ready to be in close proximity at the hairdressers yet). Will take the dog out this pm.
Enjoy the day, folks.

EllanVannin Sun 19-Jul-20 11:00:30

Good Morning All x.
We have sunshine ! Ssshhh, it might vanish grin
Bed stripped earlier, washing gathered and it's been "doing" for about half an hour.

Roast pork for me today too, cooked yesterday so only have to stick the pots in later and peel some carrots. I was going to have sprouts as well but had awful wind during the night ? so will give them a miss.

Not sure what today will bring as the family will be involved in GGD's birthday tea so D will be running around like a scalded hen with the preparations as the child sans carer will be travelling down from Darlington.
No doubt I'll hear all about how it went and there might even be a piece of cake in the offing. I think it was ordered from M&S. To think I'd normally have been there to enjoy the celebrations sad Hopefully, all being well, next year for her 13th.

This lifting of lockdown has made me feel more uneasy than at the start of the virus in that we'll unfortunately see a large spread of it. I can't visualise doing any shopping as such, apart from local of which the downfall is less of a variety of the food I'd been used to having before mid-March.
Even the farm where I've had stuff delivered has been on a " go-slow " or certain areas have been closed.

One of the farms was on BBC this morning and they're doing well with a different side to their business----glamping. Tents in the woodlands amongst the pine trees appeared full of families taking advantage of distance breaks in the fresh air and beautiful surrounds. Farm cafe on site too with their delicious breakfasts.

Gingster it was a shock to find out that the diagnosis was RA. Marydoll will know all about that, it's a terrible illness. I hope he gets the best treatment that there is.

Anyone else who has worries/problems/illnesses, I also hope that things improve for you all----absent friends particularly. flowers

Have a peaceful Sunday and stay as safe as you possibly can. xx Enjoy the day.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 19-Jul-20 10:22:41

Good morning Mick and all

Mythbirtthedragon we drove the whole length of the seafront yesterday to go to our sons for lunch it was heaving everything is now open as usual, people were trying to social distance and a fair few were wearing masks.

My iPad died on Thursday, my laptop is an antique so AS had ordered for me a new laptop, iPad and iPhone (still waiting arrival of iPad) he set laptop and phone up yesterday in between cooking and trying to stop GSs from drowning each other in the pool. (GrandpaGravy and DIL were putting the world right and discussing gardening totally oblivious to the rest of the ^goings on^) So I shall get acquainted with my new devices today.

Overcast in my corner of S E Essex we have a gammon joint which I will cook in cider for dinner, berries and cream for pudding.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Purplepixie Sun 19-Jul-20 10:21:44

Susan56 -Shropshire is on Countryfile tonight. I remember going to Long Mind years ago and it was beautiful.

Purplepixie Sun 19-Jul-20 10:19:26

Good morning from a lovely sunny and bright East Midlands.

A day in the garden with some weeding and some pots to do .

Stay safe and take care.

Mapleleaf Sun 19-Jul-20 10:17:25

Morning everyone,

Yes, we gave sunshine in South Yorkshire as greyduster reports after yesterday's rain. My plan is to potter in the garden in a bit, but at the moment my stomach feels a bit growly and crampy so staying put indoors for a while until it settles down. No idea what has brought that on, but it will pass.

Those of you taking trips out and about seem to be having a lovely time from your descriptions. It's nice to see a bit of normality returning, even though we have to proceed with caution.

Hope you all have a good day. Take care. ?

Kalu Sun 19-Jul-20 10:16:22

Good morning all from a sunny breezy Glasgow.

Just a day of pottering ahead but as it’s a perfect drying day I will start with getting a washing out then enjoy being outside with coffee breaks in the sun as I do some gardening. DH is pretty down with the black dog visiting. I feel so sorry for him but all I can do is hope it lifts quickly for him.

Good to see you posting again Jacq and pleased to hear your trip and visit to Glasgow went so well. It sounds as if it was just what you needed to lift your spirits. ?

Hope everyone has a pleasant day and a better day for all with worries and difficult times.

Georgesgran Sun 19-Jul-20 10:13:41

Good morning from Durham. Woke very early and the sky was pure blue, not a cloud to be seen. It’s clouding up now and not as warm outside as it looks! Must, must, must tackle some weeds - we have a lovely chap comes to cut the grass but doesn’t ‘do’ borders. Suppose we really should get someone else, who can do everything - perhaps next year.

Hope everyone has the best day they can. X

Nortsat Sun 19-Jul-20 10:05:41

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a grey east London.
I have been in the garden to fill up the bird feeders and there is a constant drizzle of rain. It doesn’t look like we’ll get washing out this morning.

We spent a long while in the garden yesterday pruning and weeding and it was jolly hot. So we had a takeaway for supper, after we’d both had a shower.

I will cook the steaks tonight, which I had planned for last night.

We posted a lovely cot blanket to the new baby in our family (who is overseas) on 4th July. The postage cost £17 and on tracking it this morning, I find it has still not even left England. I am really disappointed and think it’s probably pointless to complain, at this stage ... By the time it arrives, the baby will probably be sleeping in a bed ...

Glad Maryd’s pain is diminishing. Hope the sun continued to shine during your cycle round Derwentwater Mumof. Your visit to the Eden Project sounds lovely Mellow.
It’s so nice to read about everyone’s plans.

Have a good day all and special good wishes to those who need them. ?

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 19-Jul-20 09:53:58

Good morning from east London, grey with bits of mizzle. Looks the same in Southend which is where we’re headed today to help with more stuff shifting at the house. GD1 will be there so we’ll take her out to use up some energy. (GD2 is being looked after by her other grandma today so we’ll miss her). My masks still haven’t arrived but three more days to go before they’re needed/statutory. I don’t like wearing them but given I’m only in a shop a couple of times a week and don’t have to use public transport, it’s not much to put up with.
Hope you have a good day.

Urmstongran Sun 19-Jul-20 09:52:32

Spoiler alert gillybob ...
You will cry your eyes out at the end. I did, even when I watched it all over again out here during lockdown. Even though I knew how it ends.
Get the tissues ready!

Pebbles101 Sun 19-Jul-20 09:40:42

Beechnut That’s an interesting idea using panels of an old umbrella

gillybob Sun 19-Jul-20 09:35:25

Good morning from the NE coast where we have woken to a very rare event ......I think it might be called sunshine ? Although its been so long I may be mistaken sunshine

Did a little bit of food shopping yesterday and spent the rest of the day taxing my DD and little Evie Buttons to their friends BBQ in another town about 45 minutes away . My DD rarely goes out anywhere (even before lockdown) and I encouraged her to accept the invitation on the grounds that I would do the picking up and dropping off etc. Evie fell asleep in the car on the way home (they’d had a lovely time) so we just got her changed and put her straight to bed.

I picked up an Indian takeaway on my way home which we enjoyed watching another 2 episodes of Breaking Bad (we’re on series 5 now so not long to go Urms grin) .

Hoping to have a day of peace today and if the weather stays nice I may tackle the garden which has been a bit battered with heavy rain and wind .

Hope everyone has as good a Sunday as possible . Thinking of BlueSapphire, CherryCezzy and all of our missing friends.

Love Gillybob xx

jacq10 Sun 19-Jul-20 09:14:04

Morning Mick and all. Haven't been posting recently since my fall but have been following everyone's journey through these difficult times. I read the posts from those have been shielding and try to give my self a shake and be thankful and thought I was geting there but then developed achillies tendonitis which is very painful. However I am trying to snap out of my low mood and yesterday bit the bullet and "did a Mick" and boarded a coach to Glasgow. Couldn't have wished for a better trip - brilliant sunshine and scenery (Perthshire was at it's best - might have passed mancgirl on the road) and only two other passengers with the same on the return journey and no cost involved - no free tea or coffee but certainly wasn't complaining and had taken my trusty IKEA flask!) Lovely birthday lunch with DD and SIL (hadn't seen them this year) in very smart restaurant with perspex screens between tables, cutlery in small paper bags, salt and pepper in very small individual pots and the staff were so attentive so to quote Marydoll "I have given myself a shake" and looking forward to another lunch out today with DS and DGS and am meeting up for afternoon tea with friends twice this coming week. Bit worried about Urmstongran's news from Spain as I think we may follow them due to mixed responses to our release from lockdown. Thanks to everyone for their contributions to this lovely thread which keeps many of us going.

Greyduster Sun 19-Jul-20 09:10:21

Good morning Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire after yesterday’s rain, so a walk is on the cards later, down the valley probably. I will probably cut out some masks ready to sew. We have a couple each, but it wouldn’t hurt to have some more. I wore one for a brief visit to the supermarket yesterday but only saw two others wearing them. This seems to be the norm. Roast chicken for dinner. Have a good safe Sunday folks.

harrigran Sun 19-Jul-20 09:05:56

Good morning from a sunny NE.
Quiet day yesterday, watched the whole series of Cardinal.
Family video call late on after their day in Northumberland. We are going to drive to DS and take a little gift for DIL, perhaps sit in their garden. We have not seen them in person since February.
Enjoy the sunshine.

Susan56 Sun 19-Jul-20 09:04:08

Good morning from Shropshire where the sun is shining?

Had a lovely but tiring day yesterday.I went to visit mum with DD1 and the children.DD had bought mum an iPad so was teaching her to use it while I looked after the children.DGD and I spent the whole time trying to keep great grandma’s house safe from baby H who is very cute but an absolute terror.DD taught mum how to send messages and make FaceTime calls so we all had a chat with my brother.Mum is 88 but picked up how to use the iPad in no time?

A quieter day planned today?

Sending love and strength to Cherry,dragonfly And blue sapphire???

Marydoll,hope you are continuing to improve,have a lovely day with your DGD

Have a good day all.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 19-Jul-20 08:59:26

Morning all from South Notts where we have blue skies after the rainy. Hope to go shopping mid morning after a difficult night. For some reason my neck is very painful and I had to roll out of bed with great care. I'm uncertain as to the cause - too much sewing, reading, sitting about? Not enough exercise or movement? I must try to rectify this with gentle stretching.
Hope all is well with everyone, especially those with worries or illness.

Gelisajams Sun 19-Jul-20 08:59:10

Good morning from a breezy Shetland. I was thinking that if the wind didn’t drop we’d be blown across to Norway. It was wild yesterday even by Shetland standards for July. The forecast is for more showers but the southern tip of the island looks about the best so we will head down and watch the puffins and other seabirds on the cliffs.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

NannyJan53 Sun 19-Jul-20 08:56:34

Good Morning from a much brighter and sunny Black Country.

No real plans today, may go over to Mums and have a walk with her along the Staffordshire railway walk which backs onto her house.

Sounds idyllic NanKate waking up to such a lovely view. Was it Lymington quay you walked down to? Lovely little port town.

Wishing you all a good and safe day.

Pittcity Sun 19-Jul-20 08:54:40

Good morning from rainy Colchester. The weather changed overnight.
I will finish the ironing as I can't sit in the garden this morning.
Roast pork dinner later.
I have bought homemade masks from a local "mask tree" where all the proceeds go to the food bank.

Anniebach Sun 19-Jul-20 08:48:40

Good morning Auntyflo and all x