Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Tue 21-Jul-20 06:15:17

Good Morning Everyone ,
Yet another bright blue sky with cloud this morning over Brackley .
Today a short trip into Buckingham for an hour or so .
Also housework before I go , I have been looking into Harrogate, as to eating out and pubs as to pre book .
There is a noted pub on the west park bit of the Stray noted for its Sunday roasts , I have emailed them to see what situation is , plus looked up a favourite seafood restaurant as well as to bookings etc .
Take Care ,
Mick

GrannySomerset Tue 21-Jul-20 07:44:34

Up unusually early to take car in for servicing. Have to wait while they do it as people not allowed to give lifts and it’s too far to walk there and back. Not a particularly good use of a couple of hours and DH confused about it. He is under instructions to stay in bed until wonderful cleaner arrives at 9.00, but am not convinced he will remember for long enough.

Delighted by the news about Hattie and hope other good morning posters have equally good news - they know who they are.

Urmstongran Tue 21-Jul-20 07:45:14

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s warm but hazy. No matter, yesterday on the beach was gorgeous.

I think I saw you yesterday Pantglas. Was that Mr.P in a white speed boat and you in the sizzling leopard skin bikini doing the acrobatics behind him on the water skis? I was very impressed.
?

You sound full of the joys this morning Scentia - it’s great to have your enthusiasm to cheer us. And Mick I love your positivity.

Well it’s Tuesday = my ‘ladies who wine’ afternoon. I’m joyous!
?

Just had a text from my sister to say she & her husband have booked their flights out here for mid August. They sold their house in Cheshire as soon as the estate agents opened after lockdown and they had already bought a 2 bed penthouse apartment just behind Estapona. It will be nice to meet her at a halfway point for lunch together before I go home!

Hope Tuesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

GrannyGravy13 Tue 21-Jul-20 07:49:09

Pleased to see Hattie hone Maw

Marydoll I hope all these side effects are worth it?

Grandmabatty Tue 21-Jul-20 07:50:52

Goog morning All. It's a beautiful morning here. Not a cloud in the sky at the moment. Mick your Harrogate trip is sounding nicer every time you post. pantglas *a lazy day sounds nice too. *marydoll *mouth ulcers are horrible! Hopefully your wee run will take your mind of it. *Kitty clearing stuff out can unleash such sad memories.
? I had a busy day babysitting yesterday and the same again today. I'm having a quiet time just now, then I'll get fish from the van before going to my DD's. I hope the weather stays fair where you are and where I am!

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 21-Jul-20 07:52:32

Good morning from east London, blue sky and sunny. I hardly recognise myself with my new hair cut, so much hair has gone. The hairdresser did ask if I’d like a longer style but I knew it wouldn’t last long if I did. Shopping this morning, then who knows. DB3 in Northumberland sent pictures of his new dog yesterday, almost a year since daft Dylan died; he’s a very handsome chap, a retired greyhound and has got me hankering to get up north and try his legs out. Perhaps September.
Have a good day.

Grandmabatty Tue 21-Jul-20 07:53:38

Apologies for gratuitous bold print. I appear to be rather sleepy this morning. I'm glad hattie is on the mend maw

MellowYellow Tue 21-Jul-20 07:54:31

Morning to all from sunny south Cornwall. No plans today so I'll pack a book and food and go to the beach I think. Have booked a Travelodge near Liverpool for late September so I can visit my daughter on the Wirral. Can't wait, though the thought of not being permitted to eat or drink on a 7 hour train journey is daunting! Have the best day you can, everyone.

brook2704 Tue 21-Jul-20 07:55:38

Good morning from a bright dry sunny Inverness and a good forecast for the day ahead.
It’s good you’re getting everything planned for your trip away mick lovely things to look forward to!
We’re off out this afternoon for a walk along the beach at Nairn, haven’t been there since before lockdown so looking forward to some sand between my toes! Well i know it’s not like the Spanish playas of course urms and pantglas but the best I can do ?
The tea rooms looks good spangler my sort of place! Enjoy your trip
kittylester hope today is a better one for you, and mawB so pleased Hattie is back home
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings ?

Urmstongran Tue 21-Jul-20 08:00:44

Bet you felt quite emotional yesterday Maw!

? for you kitty.

brook2704 Tue 21-Jul-20 08:03:39

Enjoy your trip to the seaside too marydoll you thoroughly deserve it and an ice cream too of course! Sending gentle hugs ?

Marydoll Tue 21-Jul-20 08:05:39

The side effects should be worth it, but it takes months for the side effects to subside and the treatment to work.
I have six years of being really unwell, so I will try anything!

Urmstongran Tue 21-Jul-20 08:05:48

Just opened your links Spangler. That tearoom looks wonderful. Just my kind of place.

Oh-oh ... we have rumbling thunder here now (yet it’s so warm).
⚡️

Pittcity Tue 21-Jul-20 08:09:27

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Just the right temperature as nfk said.
Housework and renewing travel insurance today.

Puzzler61 Tue 21-Jul-20 08:10:33

Rest and recuperate gorgeous Hattie. Maw you can let that deep breath out now.
Your darling girl is home for some T.L.C. that only you can give her . ? X

Auntieflo Tue 21-Jul-20 08:19:23

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
Another beautiful day here in my bit of Berks, with a clear blue sky.
I gardened yesterday, acccompanied by the young robin, who has become my garden buddy, and chivvies me if I am too slow to turn over the soil for him to investigate.
He arrives so softly, without a sound, then stands and looks at me with a beady eye.

This afternoon I am volunteering, which I always enjoy, but such a lot of you have exciting plans for going out and holidays to look forward to, that I am getting a bit envious.

Marydoll enjoy your seaside jaunt, and as suggested, an ice cream if you can manage it.

Glad to see Hattie is home safe and sound Maw
Kitty flowers
Fingers firmly crossed for Gilly

Have a good day one and all.

Greyduster Tue 21-Jul-20 08:20:19

Good morning Michael and all GNs. The sun is in and out by turns in South Yorkshire. Your plans for Harrogate seem to be coming along apace, Mick. I’m sure Gods Own will do you proud! A quiet day for us today. May take a trip to the park, and pick up a steak pie for tea from the butchers on the way.
Kitty?
Have a good safe day folks!

Gingster Tue 21-Jul-20 08:22:08

Good morning from a sunny Essex.

Had a busy day yesterday. Looked after GD6 who is 4 and starting school full time in September. We visited the park for an hour, then home for breakfast (she’s not a great eater so delayed breakfast for when she was really hungry) . We made jam tarts and cheese straws and did some craft. Phew! All in 3 hours. ?. So exhausting but such fun!

My old neighbour came for a cuppa(glass of water) and no wish for a cake or biscuit. She’s very easy to have visit ?. Stayed an hour (dead on) . Chatted non stop and was gone. Ive known her 45 years and she’s always been the same. I do love her ♥️. She brought my birthday present. It’s mine too tomorrow too Grannygravy . ?.

Maw hope Hattie recovers well. My little pooch has been to the vet with intermittent limp. She has to have a weeks rest. No walks, play. Limited to one room ?. She’s crying to go out and getting very bored. Cruel to be kind ?

Marydoll. How painful for you. ?. Have a loverly time at the seaside. ?.

Scentiayou are such a jolly soul and have a joie de vive about you. My DH gets up singing and I find myself joining in , even if he’s driving me mad ?. Happiness in infectious!

Kittylester I can imagine ! ?

grandMattie you’re doing well with your patchwork. Half way through already. ?.

Welcome Spangler.enjoy your cycle ride. It sounds like fun.

Have an enjoyable day all, whatever you’re up to! ?

Sar53 Tue 21-Jul-20 08:26:45

Marydoll enjoy your day out, sorry to hear about the ulcers, nasty, painful things. As others have said a nice cooling ice cream should help.
Maw glad to hear that Hattie is home and on the mend.

Newquay Tue 21-Jul-20 08:37:29

Morning all from a sunny Staffs. Pittcity we too are renewing our travel insurance this morning-a necessary chore!
We’re off to Cornwall on Saturday-we’ll be in our own mobile home with our own facilities and have a supermarket click and collect booked. Local DD1 and her family-our bubble-are going too so it will be lovely to spend time with them all. Will book visits to ENORMOUS grounds of Lanhydrock and Trellisick. Mellow Yellow what’s it like down there?
We’re ready with masks and gloves for two necessary wee breaks en route.

Nannytopsy Tue 21-Jul-20 08:38:35

Good news about Hattie but vets do know how to charge don’t they Maw. The pet insurance for our elderly cat is phenomenal. Mind you, if he keeps us awake every night like he did last night, we shan’t need it much longer! grin Of course, he is asleep now.
thanks Kitty & Marydoll.

cornergran Tue 21-Jul-20 08:45:01

Morning Mick, morning All. Blue sky over our corner of Somerset. Bed changing and tidying this morning, probably not a thing this afternoon. Family made it eventually yesterday via an incredibly complex route. A happy few hours on the beach before time here. The best day we could have had. Relieved to hear your news maw. The unexpected always catches us out kitty flowers. Enjoy the sea marydoll, sounds just the thing. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 21-Jul-20 08:45:59

Morning all from a warm South Notts where we have blue skies. Maybe I'll get a visit from my sister today - she has had to cry off for the last two weeks due to illness. However, I had a visit from a dear quilting friend yesterday which was very nice. She is decluttering so brought round a tablecloth which I can embroider. I know that they are considered old-fashioned but that's part of the appeal.
Beautiful dog, Maw.
Hope today is kind to everyone, especially those with worries or illness.

jacq10 Tue 21-Jul-20 08:46:09

Morning Mick and all. Beautiful sunny morning up here in the north of Scotland. I would normally be having my morning coffee out at the back door but all my benches and chairs are parked in the garage while the landscaping is going on. They should be finished tomorrow. Puzzler - I agree it has been a good year for the strawberries and also roses. Hope your day goes well Marydoll. Having met up with you twice I can't imagine you as being nervious but this pandemic has had such an effect on us all. I went through it on Saturday on my first trip out and was really surprised at the effect it has had on my very outgoing confident DD. We were very concerned about how others would be behaving but all was good including being able to sit safely and relaxed in a restaurant. An ice cream should certainly sooth mouth ulcers. Hope everyone gets a bit of sunshine today.

gillybob Tue 21-Jul-20 08:47:17

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a cloudy start to Tuesday . It’s hard to believe that we are almost at the end of July and have yet to see any kind of proper summer weather .

I am so envy of those in warmer climes who are enjoying lovely weather.

Glad to see Hattie is home MawB I hope she’s back to her old self soon . Thank goodness indeed for pet insurance .

What a lovely, happy and upbeat post from you Scentia I’m so glad that things are picking up well for your small business smile

I’m getting more and more concerned about ours. I was bombarded with more questions over the weekend and me and one of our guys spent almost all yesterday afternoon answering very technical questions that most customers never ask, which is making me more and more suspicious of their intentions . Between us we have decided that we will waste any more time on this until we get some positive answers from them and a firm order . It reminds me how much I hate being a small fish in the very large pond of industry . They think they can just use us for our expertise .

Thank you to everyone for keeping your fingers crossed ? for us, I really appreciate it smile

I bet you feel like a new woman with your new hairstyle mybirthdragon . It might call for a new makeup treat or even a whole new wardrobe to match grin

So sorry you had a sad day yesterday Kittylester there are no words really . flowers

Enjoy your day out at the seaside Marydoll might you get a little paddle ? Socially distanced of course?

I was supposed to be having little Evie today but my DD has had her shifts changed again. They really mess her around sometimes . So I’m off to “that place” for another day of fun and frolics .

Thinking of all our missing friends and hope Tuesday is kind to us all. Love Gillybob xx

Aldom Tue 21-Jul-20 08:55:36

Good morning Mick and everyone. Another beautiful day here in Oxfordshire. I'm meeting a friend later for a light lunch at a pavement cafe. Feeling very sad today as I heard last night that my oldest friend's adult first born has but a short time left to live. My own son died not long ago. It's crushing. I am thinking of all with birthdays, anniversaries. Special thoughts to all with pain or problems. So sorry about your mouth ulcers Marydol. Welcome to Spangler Keep safe and well everyone.