Gransnet forums

Chat

Where to move to?

(102 Posts)
miranda1 Sun 26-Jul-20 22:18:22

My husband and I want a change of scene. We currently live in a small town that's not very interesting. Also, we have suffered a painful bereavement recently and feel we need to get away from this place with all its horrid memories.
We work from home so can live pretty much anywhere. We have a large extended family who visit often, so we're looking for a spacious house in a country locale, with paddocks and a large garden, fruit trees, veggie patch, etc.
We like the sea and the coast.
We also like the South-West, Slough, the Cotswolds, North and South Wales - far too many gorgeous places to choose from!
Can the panel suggest somewhere nice that's not too far from a major Airport (we considered Slough cos of its proximity to London) so that getting to the airport doesn't take ages (we hope to travel abroad often)?
TIA

miranda1 Thu 24-Dec-20 20:59:46

Dear all,
Thank you all SO much for all your wonderful suggestions. I am overwhelmed by the kindness of strangers. I apologise for this long overdue thanks - I have been deeply depressed about the loss of my daughter and did not feel upto coming online.

I will go through the responses another time and get back with any questions.

Thank you all again.