Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for kindly caring folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Thu 30-Jul-20 13:41:54

Here we are again
Happy as can be,
All good friends and jolly good company.

A hearty welcome. cupcake wine cafe brew flowers sunshine and plenty of virtual HUGS.

FannyCornforth Tue 22-Sep-20 18:07:06

Hurrah for Hattie!
Excellent news.
Thank you soop, I will take a pew.

Charleygirl5 Tue 22-Sep-20 18:36:40

Thank you all so much. I spent a very pleasant three hours this am having coffee with friends in our local shopping centre. We were sitting comfortably but had to wait until 11 am when the first coffee shop opened.

A lunch treat on Sunday and a nephew by marriage is organising a curry night out if Boris allows us. The weather has been fabulous. I am waiting for moaning Minnie to come home and we will have a pleasant evening together. I was allowed to sleep until 7 am this am. I still love her and she knows it.

Grandmafrench Tue 22-Sep-20 19:07:23

Wonderful news, MawB - now please try to stop worrying and take it slowly. That little girl needs a T shirt. Mine always had T shirts if they had to be shaved. So embarrassing and a bit draughty otherwise. I used to give them an old one of mine and knot it by pulling the bottom edge tight on the back and tying a knot in it.

Glad you had a good time with some friends Charley and you still have some out and abouts coming up. Better tell that Tara that you need your rest for those occasions - she could perhaps make her own breakfast and make you a cuppa at the same time? Minx!

Hope you're not too tired after your excessively early start with little B today, Susan. Hopefully by now you're safely home and relaxing. Good wishes to all absentees (Izabella, Panache) and how are you Cherry? Positive vibes to those with worries and sadness. Hope your knuckles return to normal very soon, soop. Meanwhile, keep sharing lovely walks with MacS and don't be sad : we're going to get through this.....

Very warm here and I can hear thunder in the distance !
Hugs from French France

annodomini Tue 22-Sep-20 20:18:17

Maw, I'm so pleased that your worst fears for Hattie have not been realised. I agree that she does need a jumper. Maybe a charity shop would have a nice fleece you could adapt for her slender figure.
Ann, I hope your DD's cat does return. Some years ago, my DiL's young cat vanished. Flyers were distributed around the district, but nothing was heard until, 5 weeks later, DiL had a phone call from someone who thought she had the cat in her garden. Indeed it was! And she has never strayed since. She's a real 'home cat'.
Never give up hope.

Grandmabatty Tue 22-Sep-20 20:25:40

MawB I'm really pleased that there is good news about Hattie. That must make you feel better. Puzzler61 the flowers are lovely. You have a knack. Soop I know what you mean. I will miss visiting my chums, but hopefully this will help the numbers drop. I'm going for my first haircut tomorrow since January. I don't have much and it doesn't grow much because my thyroid doesn't work but what is there is pretty horrible and sticks out at odd angles so I'm looking forward to it. No visit to mum tomorrow either. Oh well, lots of reading and sewing ahead.

Charleygirl5 Tue 22-Sep-20 22:20:49

Maw I agree, Hattie needs a smart top. She, to me, is looking a lot thinner. Have you stopped hand feeding that young lady?!

Thankfully your worst fears were not realised.

ann I hope your D's cat walks in the door as though nothing has happened. It is always such a worry.
TOYA

MawB2 Tue 22-Sep-20 22:56:44

She is thinner Charleygirl that was one of the worrying symptoms. It really shows on a greyhound!

Nannytopsy Tue 22-Sep-20 23:33:29

Good news Maw! Our granddog is a skinny lurcher who feels the cold and has a dayglo orange fleece dog coat for the winter. It always causes comment! The only colour left in her size - I’m not surprised. ?
I am in the children’s room again - another sleepover with an early start for school. Grandpa will be set to cleaning shoes before we go out!

Lins1066 Tue 22-Sep-20 23:52:39

Just read that it is your birthday Charleygirl - Many Happy Returns, I just made it ??

Excellent news about Hattie Maw.

MawB2 Wed 23-Sep-20 07:52:43

Thank you for all the kind comments and helpful suggestions for ways to preserve Hattie’s modesty and keep her tummy warm.
Little Flynn saw her on last nights Face Time and asked me when “her feathers would grow back again” ! ???

annsixty Wed 23-Sep-20 08:02:11

Good morning, more good animal news to add to Maw’s
My D’s cat walked along the garden fence and into the house just before midnight.
My GS had been out calling her before they went to bed and within a few minutes ,there she was.
She had been gone for 42 hours, they were so relieved, these pets do hold our hearts to ransom.

I have had a dreadful night so after a cup of tea and 2 Zapain, I am going to try and get some sleep.

Have as good a day as you can everyone.

Marydoll Wed 23-Sep-20 08:07:23

Ann, although not a catlover I'm scared of them?, I have been checking the thread for news. I'm so happy for you and your family.

I'm sorry you are in so much pain!.?

Bellanonna Wed 23-Sep-20 08:12:37

Ann that’s really good news. You’d love to ask them where they’ve been wouldn’t you?
So sorry about your bad night and hope you manage to catch up a bit this morning.

Charleygirl5 Wed 23-Sep-20 08:17:21

ann I am so pleased the little minx has returned home. She will carry on as though nothing has happened not realising or caring about sleepless nights because of her,

Marydoll many but not all are very friendly once you get to know them. Tara would lie on the side of a chair, never in your lap expecting to be stroked. My lap or knees are only jumping off points and it is only now I can tolerate her walking on my knees since surgery.

My early morning call started around 4 am- it was not appreciated.

MawB2 Wed 23-Sep-20 08:40:16

Huge relief Annsixty - the agonies we go through for our little furry friends!

Grandmabatty Wed 23-Sep-20 08:44:09

Ann such good news about the return of the prodigal cat! I'm sorry you are in pain though.

Nannytopsy Wed 23-Sep-20 10:04:13

Good news Ann!
We had the DGC last night, breakfasted them and took them to school. It’s never a good night’s sleep when they are here because of the responsibility I suppose.
Sadly we are no longer allowed to give DGC their favourite cooked breakfast on weekdays. It has to be a “proper” breakfast. One had 1/4 of a bagel and the other had 1/2 a weetabix ( we had the wrong milk). Not allowed ‘weekend’ cereals on pain of death. Well that set them up well for school didn’t it! Grrr!
Off to attack the ironing as it’s a bit damp for the garden.

annodomini Wed 23-Sep-20 10:16:34

ann, your DD must have been so relieved. Cats are a law unto themselves.
Today it's really autumn. We've had such a nice little indian summer but now they are forecasting frost and I have noticed that the leaves on horse chestnuts in the village are turning. Soon there will be conkers everywhere . Time for woolly jumpers - especially for delicate greyhounds, Maw.

annsixty Wed 23-Sep-20 10:23:06

A miracle has happened, I have been offered a date for my op.....2 weeks on Friday!!
I can’t believe it, I am so relieved.
All systems go now.

FannyCornforth Wed 23-Sep-20 10:25:08

That's fabulous news Ann.
I understand that you have been waiting a long time.

aggie Wed 23-Sep-20 10:35:09

Brilliant news !

Puzzler61 Wed 23-Sep-20 10:43:11

Annsixty - 2 pieces of good news this week so far!
DD’s cat coming home (wonder where he/she has been on her adventure?),
and a date set for your operation. Good Luck is shining on you ?

annsixty Wed 23-Sep-20 10:45:12

I might do the lottery on Saturday.?

Doodle Wed 23-Sep-20 11:15:01

ann so pleased to hear DDs cat has returned and you have a date for your op. Everything crossed now that it all goes through ok, ?

Grandmabatty Wed 23-Sep-20 11:40:55

Ann fantastic news! Definitely do the lottery. I've just picked up lots of new clothes from M&S courtesy of a birthday voucher. And wonders if wonders, they fit. Later I'm going for a haircut but before that, a blether via WhatsApp with good pals. My oldest and dearest pal phoned me earlier too. It's a good Wednesday for me so I hope it's a good one for you all. Small things make me happy.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion