Gransnet forums

Chat

Lovely Face Masks

(69 Posts)
FlexibleFriend Thu 30-Jul-20 21:09:44

We've all got different sized heads in our house but we've all found a great selection on Etsy my son especially has one that is shaped around his face, goes right under his chin and fits extremely well. There are so many sellers on there if you have the patience you'll find something that suits.

BBbevan Thu 30-Jul-20 20:33:09

I bought some from Etsy. DHs didn’t fit. It pulled his ears forward so he looked like Roland Rat. They did send a larger one but it was not much better. We have some from Seasalt now. They are lovely.

FlyingHandbag Thu 30-Jul-20 18:39:55

Thanks all. X

BlueSky Thu 30-Jul-20 18:28:05

I've got two cotton face masks, one sage green and a flowery one, I've seen a lovely paisley one too, which I'm tempted to get, but to be honest I like the thin blue disposable ones because they are so light! Perhaps I'll wear them for special occasions! ?

shysal Thu 30-Jul-20 18:08:04

There are some pretty masks on Etsy, made from Liberty print fabrics.
Camilla wore one the other day which had been a birthday present. However, she kept fiddling with it, something which irritates me no end!

Aldom Thu 30-Jul-20 18:00:04

Hi flyinghandbag I have a lovely selection of face masks from GAP. All in pretty prints to coordinate with my clothes. Also two plain pink which match my pink jeans. I was told last week, while shopping in the supermarket, that I made wearing a mask look nice!!

FlyingHandbag Thu 30-Jul-20 17:52:33

The sweatshop I mean. X

FlyingHandbag Thu 30-Jul-20 17:52:18

That is deplorable!! X

Tweedle24 Thu 30-Jul-20 17:50:33

What on Earth is the fabric yours are made with, Jellybeetles? I have made pure cotton ones and find no problem breathing in them. I shall be making the three layered ones in future but, am assured by others who already use them, that they are fine.

B9exchange Thu 30-Jul-20 17:44:07

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8511651/Sweatshop-owner-Boohoo-factory-confesses-pays-workers-shocking-4-hour.html

Apologies for it being the Mail, it was the first one I came across!

MawB Thu 30-Jul-20 17:44:06

Oops, I see others got there before me - sorry!

Jellybeetles Thu 30-Jul-20 17:44:04

I bought fabric ones and found them awful and when I breathed in the fabric sucked into my mouth even though folds in them. I bought a box of 50 from eBay non-medical and can cope with those. Remember to have folds pointing down for safest use.

MawB Thu 30-Jul-20 17:43:35

Aren’t Boohoo involved with sweat shops in Leicester?
There are so many masks available, many connected with a charity. That’s the way I would go if I didn’t already have three I have had made for me.

Tweedle24 Thu 30-Jul-20 17:39:19

I think they look big too, NfkDumpling. I have been making them for friends and family; black or white for the males and pretty prints for the females. I have found that I have had to make four different sizes to fit different size heads.

I made one from material left over from a blouse I had made so, when wearing them, I am fashionably co-ordinated ?

NfkDumpling Thu 30-Jul-20 17:25:45

They look very big - or perhaps the model has a small head. I do and will wear masks or preferably tube scarves for going into crowded places but I can't bring myself to think of them as lovely and don't feel comfortable wearing them.

FlyingHandbag Thu 30-Jul-20 17:20:07

B9exchange

Wasn't Boohoo the factory in Leicester where conditions for workers were so bad they were spreading Covid-19 like wildfire?

Huge range and variety available online now, or you can make your own easily enough.

Oh I didn't know that about the factory! I had never really looked at or paid much attention to Boohoo, but it was recommended for masks by a relative. X

B9exchange Thu 30-Jul-20 17:16:55

Wasn't Boohoo the factory in Leicester where conditions for workers were so bad they were spreading Covid-19 like wildfire?

Huge range and variety available online now, or you can make your own easily enough.

FlyingHandbag Thu 30-Jul-20 17:15:23

I have never tried anything from Boohoo, so I will update when they arrive to tell you all of the quality. X

FlyingHandbag Thu 30-Jul-20 17:12:14

Hi all,
A relative sent me a picture of her lovely mask and said she got it from a website called Boohoo. I have been looking for a nice mask so I have bought two. I have never required one as I haven't been to any shops, but I would like to start to go to shops.

I thought I would share with you all in case anyone is looking for masks. X