Gransnet forums

Chat

‘That’s very kind of you, but...’ ?

(24 Posts)
Witzend Mon 03-Aug-20 11:23:11

@Beechnut, yes, he’s a gem. We’re very lucky.

Witzend Sun 02-Aug-20 23:25:54

Chardy ?

Chardy Sun 02-Aug-20 17:24:28

At DGD's house, putting on our shoes when I realised that kitten had dragged one of my shoes somewhere and I couldn't find it. We had a bus to catch which is always on time. 'Don't know what to do' I muttered to no-one in particular. 3 year old suggested 'You can hop' ?

Beechnut Sun 02-Aug-20 13:41:09

What a lovely SiL you have Witzend ?

Witzend Sun 02-Aug-20 11:05:14

Talking of half naked, I well remember a dd at about 5 being shocked at seeing a woman sunbathing topless (we’d never before been to any beach where it wasn’t frowned upon, if not actually illegal.)

‘That lady’s got no bra-ziz on!’ ?

MellowYellow Sat 01-Aug-20 15:08:30

I was walking through our main street yesterday with my 4 year old granddaughter and a man walked past with his chest bare. 'That man's naked!' she said. 'No, he's only half naked, cos he's got his shorts on. He's topless.' 'Oh. Would you walk in the street topless Nana?' gringrin

sharon103 Sat 01-Aug-20 14:50:45

grin

maddyone Sat 01-Aug-20 14:40:32

Witzend grin

maddyone Sat 01-Aug-20 14:39:53

We took our six year old twin grandchildren to the New Forest for a day out on Thursday (we’re doing the childcare again as there’s no key worker childcare provided any longer) and it’s easy to be away from crowds and in the fresh air in the forest. Of course, we were nowhere near civilisation and so had to utilise the wild wee concept. My little grandson, upon seeing me bob down behind a tree said, ‘ Oooh Nana, you’re wearing purple knickers.’ I’m not entirely sure why this made him smile ? but it did.

lemongrove Sat 01-Aug-20 14:22:39

?

Witzend Sat 01-Aug-20 12:21:10

One of Gdd’s ‘best’ was at nursery when she was still only 3 - staff told dd that she’d said, ‘Heil Hitler!’ complete with raised arm.
Dd had to explain that she was very keen on The Sound of Music at the time, but luckily staff had already worked that out since she was also singing the songs almost non stop.

timetogo2016 Sat 01-Aug-20 11:37:43

I just adore those innocent comments our gc`s make.
And little ones come out with funny comments all the time and you can`t help but laugh out loud at times.

GagaJo Sat 01-Aug-20 11:33:00

Lucca

I’m not doing naked with DGC any more since I was informed that “my mummy’s boobies aren’t wobbly”.......

My GS relishes yanking up my dress and gleefully slapping my stomach. He also enjoys lifting up his own little top and comparing our navels. All very well, but he's usually naked waist down due to potty training. NOT that I'm offended by his little bits, but just a little uncomfortable with them dangling so closely.

He also goes naked in this hot weather, particularly on our local beach. He's only got to see the sea and he's yanking shoes and t-shirt off.

Witzend Sat 01-Aug-20 11:22:06

Afraid to say I’m not sure I think it’s sad, Lemongrove. On a busy beach in Greece years ago I saw rather too much of saggy, droopy old elderly bodies, inc. a quite unavoidable close up eyeful of a fat old German woman‘s bits - just before we were off for lunch in the taverna, too.
If that makes me a prude, so be it, but it really was not a pretty sight.

Lucca Sat 01-Aug-20 11:01:07

I’m not doing naked with DGC any more since I was informed that “my mummy’s boobies aren’t wobbly”.......

lemongrove Sat 01-Aug-20 10:58:19

Ah! The innocence of young children, lovely isn’t it?
Of course, if you were a naturist family you would all be in the buff and frolicking in the pool.When you think of it, it’s a bit sad that we have to be clothed at all times, even in a private garden in Summer.?
Shall we let it all hang out in future??

Witzend Sat 01-Aug-20 10:54:54

Gdcs do usually swim in birthday suits - easier when they’re in and out a lot - so no wonder she made the offer!

I did take my cozzie next time. ? Was v nice to sit and cool off in a corner, esp. when SiL brought me a glass of wine. His idea of a handy bar within reaching distance has yet to materialise though.

Nortsat Fri 31-Jul-20 22:16:50

Bless her, your well-being and enjoyment are high on her priority list ...

I would do it .... when the DGC were asleep and DC were distracted drinking wine. Then I would be happy for me and my partner to skinny dip (but neither of us would have our glasses on). ?

cornergran Fri 31-Jul-20 22:02:40

That brought a very welcome chuckle witzend. One day she’ll understand why her offer wasn’t accepted smile. Kind thought though it was.

sodapop Fri 31-Jul-20 21:27:39

Very kind of your granddaughter Witzend did you take her up on her offer ?
Made me smile at the thought of frolicking in the pool in the buff.

NfkDumpling Fri 31-Jul-20 21:16:42

Oh, bless her. How considerate.

Grannybags Fri 31-Jul-20 21:07:35

Very tempting in the heat we've had today...!! grin

Peardrop50 Fri 31-Jul-20 21:06:26

Glory be

Witzend Fri 31-Jul-20 20:48:56

Since there will almost certainly be no holiday this year, Dd and SiL have installed a small, above-ground pool for Gdcs, just 3 x 2 m but big enough for them to swim in.

On my first visit after they had it, Gdd (5) asked at once whether I’d brought my swimming costume, so I could join her and Gds in it.

‘I’m afraid I haven’t, darling.’
‘Never mind, Granny, you can go in naked.’