Gransnet forums

Chat

Help - day out in Llandudno

(14 Posts)
bikergran Sat 01-Aug-20 18:06:56

annsixty me too Llandudno flowers

There is an asda not too far away if you get desperate, prob a bit too far to walk but you could drive to it.

BlueBelle Sat 01-Aug-20 17:59:18

Not Llandudno but all our public toilets are open

Chewbacca Sat 01-Aug-20 17:51:18

They do Aldom but they had a "Sorry, Not In Service" notice on them on Thursday when I was in the store.

BBbevan Sat 01-Aug-20 16:36:18

Oriel Mostyn is open. They have a cafe and toilets. Their website says open , but I would check beforehand

Aldom Sat 01-Aug-20 15:58:47

I went online to Mark's and Spencer Llandudno. They do have toilets, situated near HOME dept.

Littleannie Sat 01-Aug-20 15:33:10

Thank you all for your help.

BlueSky Sat 01-Aug-20 11:58:28

I don't know about Llandudno specifically but unfortunately don't expect any of the usual toilets to be open! Even the council run ones are either closed altogether or many cubicles locked to reduce capacity. Many shops and cafeterias won't have loos open. I found supermarkets seem to be the only reliable ones.

Pantglas2 Sat 01-Aug-20 11:54:06

Forgot to mention swimming pools won’t open in Wales until 10th August

annsixty Sat 01-Aug-20 11:49:05

Sorry for saying M&S have loos, they certainly used to.
You had to go through ladies lingerie on the first floor to get to them.

Pantglas2 Sat 01-Aug-20 11:47:18

George Street, Paddling Pool at
North Shore, Haulfre Gardens, Happy Valley, North Western Gardens and St Tudnos Church toilets are the ones open according to Conwy Council website.

Don’t know whether Marks or Asda ones are in use.

annsixty Sat 01-Aug-20 11:47:07

I can’t help you as I haven’t been for some time but it was a very special place to my late H and I.
Yes M&S do have loos but I can’t help as to whether on not they are open.I used to use the ones at the start of the pier.
They were situated through the games arcade and also some near the end of the pier.
I think things are different in Wales to the rest of us.
Good luck and have a lovely day.

Chewbacca Sat 01-Aug-20 11:43:45

Loose???

Loos!

Chewbacca Sat 01-Aug-20 11:43:11

3. Marks and Spencer don't have public loose.
4. Some of the hotels on the promenade are open and if you're having a drink in one of them they'll let you use their look.
No idea about 1 & 2 sorry.

Littleannie Sat 01-Aug-20 11:35:32

We are thinking of having a day out in Llandudno, our first since lockdown. Our problem of course is toilets. Please can anyone tell me :-
1. We usually park by the swimming pool and pop in to use the loos in the foyer. Is this still possible, or are they only letting people who have actually booked a swim through the doors? If indeed they are open yet
2. Are the 20p in the slot loos on the West shore open? (A last resort this one)
3. Do M and S have toilets? Are they open?
4. Are any of the big hotels on the front serving coffee etc outside on their terraces, which would possibly allow us to use their loos?
Thank you