Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Monday

(97 Posts)
grandMattie Mon 03-Aug-20 05:57:57

Good morning from an overcast cool E Kent. The day promises sunny intervals.
I could get used to this - starting the thread! I trust Mick is really enjoying his little holiday.
Loved the virtual service yesterday, DD really does a cracking sermon l. This week it was on loaves and fishes, and somehow she managed to make it totally relevant to today. Clever girl.
She said she was coming with our 2 GDs next week, but “wasn’t sure how long because he’d DH doesn’t like to be alone too long”. It rather annoyed us. Firstly, because her iLs see the girls weekly (they live an hour away, we live 5 hours), and we haven’t seen any of them since early January. Secondly, because SiL will be working 13/14 hour days that week... anyway, we count our blessings, say nothing that could antagonise and rejoice at seeing them! Being an in-law is not easy, is it?
DS came back today. He told us that it was unlikely that he would go back To school in India before the end of October. He’ll have to teach via zoom and have Eastern and Western Hemisphere classes for his international students. Hey ho!
Nothing on today - cleaning day; hate it.
Hope all the procedures have been effective, and people are feeling few side effects, their minds are clear, their bodies repairing.
Have the best day possible.

harrigran Mon 03-Aug-20 08:07:42

Good morning from an overcast NE.
DS may call today but he has to talk to his GP surgery about an ongoing condition so we don't know what time he will arrive.
Had a Skype conversation with DD yesterday, she was hopping mad. A couple of days before she had looked out of the window to see officials about to remove her car from outside the door. She has a parking permit but they claimed the paperwork didn't add up so they were going to put it on a truck and take it away. She told them she would move it but they claimed she would have to pay anyway as the truck was on it's way. Thankfully she is fluent in French, if it had been just her DH at home the car would have been in a pound somewhere.
Good luck to Mr gillybob for his appojntment today.

harrigran Mon 03-Aug-20 08:14:47

Best wishes and fingers crossed for kitty's DS.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 03-Aug-20 08:17:11

Good morning granmattie mick and all

Overcast but warm here in S E Essex, we are having an updated hot/boiling water tap fitted in about 20 minutes. So I shall lurk upstairs until I go to the gym.

Thinking of Marydoll norsat Mrgillybob and all others of our morning gang who are poorly.

kittylester fingers crossed your DS tests negative.

I am struggling to wake up this morning so I do hope this makes sense.

Urmstongran our friends in Los Boliches say that their beaches and paseo are so quiet, sorry you feel unable to visit yours.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Gingster Mon 03-Aug-20 08:19:28

Good morning from the Suffolk coast. We have clouds but the sun is peeping through. Cooler today. I quite like a day where it’s not too hot. It gives me more energy to get things done. Heatwave forecast for the end of the week.

Granmattie enjoy your time with your DD and GC. Try not to say anything ! I know it’s hard.

Marydoll so sorry you’re still feeling rough. Hope today’s treatment eases things for you. ?

GrannySomerset glad you had a lovely time with family. Know what you mean about gathering up their possessions. They always leave something. ! Last week we had DS and family. I’ve just found a pair of trainers and a mermaids fin ?.

A couple of our oldest friends were visiting their AC and family camping up the beach from us,yesterday and we told them to pop in as we would be home all day. The trouble with saying that is we were hanging about all day . They eventually arrived about 6 for a quick G and T in the garden and we’re off home. Lovely to see them though ?.

Have as good a day as possible everyone. ?

kittylester Mon 03-Aug-20 08:24:31

Thank you for your kind wishes for DS1. I should have said that my baby is 33 today and I'm not entirely sure how that happened!!

Nannytopsy Mon 03-Aug-20 08:38:39

?*kitty*.

Puzzler61 Mon 03-Aug-20 08:41:41

My sister is not quite 70 kitty and her son is 50. She can’t believe it either
Hard to imagine you bouncing him on your knee now? ?
I really hope he tests negative.

grandMattie Mon 03-Aug-20 08:41:57

ging I’ve had lots of practise as I have “foot-in-mouth syndrome”. It puts me very on edge though.

Puzzler61 Mon 03-Aug-20 08:42:08

Sorry, just realised that is probably a different son ?

kittylester Mon 03-Aug-20 08:47:22

Yes puzzler, I did confuse didn't I?

DS1 is nearly 49, DD3 is my baby - though I doubt she'd like to hear that!! grin

Puzzler61 Mon 03-Aug-20 08:50:57

Ah. Happy Birthday to your Daughter ?
We call our youngest DD Baby Griswald (from a film).
At 35 I don’t think she enjoys that nickname any longer ?

Anniebach Mon 03-Aug-20 08:52:01

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 03-Aug-20 08:55:19

Morning all from a warm South Notts. Am so happy to be in less pain today - I could get out of bed without having to roll myself carefully. Such a relief.
I hope to go for a little drive later.
Hope all is well with everyone, especially those with illness or worries.

Grandmafrench Mon 03-Aug-20 08:55:43

Good Morning everyone. A slightly cooler start to the week but back to the 30’s from Friday and for the foreseeable, here ????That should give me an opportunity to catch up and do less ‘lolling’. (well, it should) grin

Please don’t imagine I’d be happy to sleep in a hammock at night, Puzzler.....oh no, too many beasties and stuff I couldn’t even see. Bedroom shutters get closed, air conditioning on, dive under summer duvet! If I couldn’t sleep for the heat, I’d panic and know I’d feel wretched as soon as the sun came up for another blistering hot day. Gloriously hot weather is great for holidays, but not for year round living, I feel.

Good luck to Mr gillybob today. May this kick start his new, improved life. At Last.......
Feel for you, Nortstat, hope it works out well. We get immediate results here, hope your mind is put at rest soon.
Take it slowly, Marydoll that way, hopefully, you’ll only move forwards and through this difficult time.

Bit of a shock for you and your DS, kitty. Hope like mad that it’s nothing much. He’s your baby, still. On that point time can stand still, can’t it. A very Happy Birthday to him...and a good outcome. We Leo types must stick together!! ??

Have a Happy Monday, all. Stay safe, keep calm, take care!
Hugs ???

Grandmafrench Mon 03-Aug-20 08:58:51

Wow, that was quick....he is now your baby Daughter . Too much gin on those cornflakes, maybe, kitty?

kittylester Mon 03-Aug-20 09:05:47

No, grandmafrench, he is DS1 and almost 49. She is DD3 and 33 today.

He is our eldest, she is our baby!! gringrin

gillgran Mon 03-Aug-20 09:09:10

Good Morning to you all from sunny & warm Cambs.,

I'm soon off to the chemist to pick up our routine prescriptions, (joyful "routine" of ageing!).

At 1pm. I have my hair appointment, the family say not to go too short, they like it longer, (+5 months-growing)..!!
I hope you are happy with yours, Nannytopsy, you did mention that your hair is fine too.

Good, healing wishes to Marydoll & the Gillybobs.
Also, Kittylester, best wishes to your DS, & happy birthday to your DD. ( my DS is now 48, & my "baby"! DD is 40, how is that possible,shock.

Take Care Folks.

Susan56 Mon 03-Aug-20 09:14:35

Good morning from Shropshire where the sun is shining?

Had planned a quiet day as DGD coming to stay from tomorrow for a few days but the best laid plans etc Had a text from the roofer at 8 to say he would be here within the hour to scrape the moss off the roof and clean the gutters.It will be a good job to have done though.

Thank you for posting Marydoll,sorry you are suffering so much,think of you often?

Hope the appointments go well for Norstat and Mr gilly and that everyone who has been feeling unwell is gradually improving?

I feel your pain grandMattie?There is a lot I could say on occasion to family but don’t,I think that probably applies to a lot of us?

Have a good day all.

Gelisajams Mon 03-Aug-20 09:24:29

Good morning from a sunny Morecambe Bay. I need to catch up my gardens today. It’s been warm and wet here While I’ve been away and everything is growing like mad especially the weeds. Thinking of all with problems of one sort or another ?
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Susan56 Mon 03-Aug-20 09:24:52

Kitty,hope your son’s test comes back negative??

EllanVannin Mon 03-Aug-20 09:54:04

Good Morning All x You're doing a good job GrandMattie.

Dark, damp, after a shower, and very still so we're stuck with this hanging cloud unless a breeze picks up. Not cold though. Enjoying my builder's cuppa grin

Blimey the police are working overtime not far away. It's guaranteed that at 08.00, there'll be sirens in the distance. It's like an alarm clock----and another.

Some hoovering later and give the windows a clean so I'll throw the nets in the machine while I'm at it as they get a bit grubby where the window's open----act as a filter I suppose for the mucky particles in the air.

I've decided to make a ginger cake for a change. The idea came to me yesterday when I sprinkled ginger on the melon. I seem to be stuck into doing sponge cakes so being that I have other ingredients in the cupboard I'll go for it.

The sun is trying its best but there's too much cloud around and the forecast isn't good for here anyway sad What's new ?

Hope everyone's doing alright and that things improve for Marydoll. Early days for the Gillybob's yet, but pain-free is on the horizon x At least it's over and done with.

Take care everyone and enjoy the day in the safest possible way. xx

Georgesgran Mon 03-Aug-20 10:17:09

Good morning from a lovely sunny Durham. Poor night’s sleep with a lot going round in my head, not helped at 3.30am by a tawny owl hunting and hooting!

DD2 has builders starting an extension today so I’m on laundry duty - she brought 2 enormous bags full yesterday to start on.

Meeting a friend this afternoon for a walkthrough of her new house, before she finally signs for the purchase - a new phase of her life, following a second divorce at 65.

Have a good day all and stay safe. X

oliversnana Mon 03-Aug-20 10:22:08

Grandson has been at nursery with a positive case isoltion is 14 days fom contact so you would just be coming to the end. That was the instructions from the hovernment for my daughter so she has a week with my grand son at home.

gillybob Mon 03-Aug-20 10:22:09

A very late Good morning from me.

I am FUMING at the incompetency of some parts of the NHS.

Best leave it there for now.

kittylester Mon 03-Aug-20 10:24:20

You can't gilly we need to fume with you. Well, at least I do! grin