Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Monday

(97 Posts)
grandMattie Mon 03-Aug-20 05:57:57

Good morning from an overcast cool E Kent. The day promises sunny intervals.
I could get used to this - starting the thread! I trust Mick is really enjoying his little holiday.
Loved the virtual service yesterday, DD really does a cracking sermon l. This week it was on loaves and fishes, and somehow she managed to make it totally relevant to today. Clever girl.
She said she was coming with our 2 GDs next week, but “wasn’t sure how long because he’d DH doesn’t like to be alone too long”. It rather annoyed us. Firstly, because her iLs see the girls weekly (they live an hour away, we live 5 hours), and we haven’t seen any of them since early January. Secondly, because SiL will be working 13/14 hour days that week... anyway, we count our blessings, say nothing that could antagonise and rejoice at seeing them! Being an in-law is not easy, is it?
DS came back today. He told us that it was unlikely that he would go back To school in India before the end of October. He’ll have to teach via zoom and have Eastern and Western Hemisphere classes for his international students. Hey ho!
Nothing on today - cleaning day; hate it.
Hope all the procedures have been effective, and people are feeling few side effects, their minds are clear, their bodies repairing.
Have the best day possible.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 03-Aug-20 13:59:05

Flipping heck gillybob I am speechless, please speak to the Nursing Manager tell her your complaint and then fire off an email with all details to the Head of the Hospital, Nursing Manager and your Consultant.

Sending (((hugs))) to you both

Millie22 Mon 03-Aug-20 14:10:27

gillybob
I haven't posted here before but I do read the GM thread most days and know you've had lots of difficult times recently. I do hope your DH will be looked after by a more understanding person when you're back at the hospital. Stay strong x

Grandmafrench Mon 03-Aug-20 14:37:20

Welcome Millie - hope you'll keep posting. You can appreciate that you've walked into a near riot here! It's a while since so many kind hearted people were so angry......................

Don't forget to tell us where you come from and what the weather's like. A sort of tradition on here, I think. Urmstongran (up to no good in Spain) will doubtless ask you how much your house is worth. She's joking grin

Gilly when you've calmed down just a little, remember that the creature that treated your DH so abominably and unprofessionally can also be accused of sabotaging the Consultant's good work. That shouldn't go unremarked upon next time you speak to him or his Secretary. Keeping everything crossed that all this can be properly sorted tomorrow. Hang in there, girl. At least you're on your feet!!

Gelisajams Mon 03-Aug-20 14:41:19

Gillybob I’m sat here fuming on your behalf! The incompetence you and Mr G have endured beggars belief. I wish there was something I could do. As Grannygravy says complain to as many as possible and don’t pull your punches!
x

mrswoo Mon 03-Aug-20 14:49:17

gillybob I too am appalled at the way you and MrG have been treated. You must complain - dont let them get away with such high-handed, uncaring and downright rudeness.
flowers

gillybob Mon 03-Aug-20 14:56:22

Gilly when you've calmed down just a little, remember that the creature that treated your DH so abominably and unprofessionally can also be accused of sabotaging the Consultant's good work

Exactly what I have tried telling them GrandmaFrench the consultant made a point of saying the catheter must come out today to enable the healing process and to prevent infection . Its so frustrating that I can't speak to him personally . I am sure he would be furious .

I am waiting for a call back but feel like banging my head against a brick wall.

Thank you for all your kind words everyone .

NfkDumpling Mon 03-Aug-20 15:01:41

If you haven't had a call back by now Gilly can you go to A&E? It sounds like an emergency to me!

NfkDumpling Mon 03-Aug-20 15:04:57

(Sorry - just scanned this mornings thread for news of Mr G, Marydoll Et Al and am fuming on your behalf.)

Grandmafrench Mon 03-Aug-20 15:07:56

Have you tried insisting that his Secretary contacts him - assuming that he's not in theatre - because his patient is just being abandoned. The appointment was made. The patient was there. The procedure needs to be done. What on earth is so difficult about fitting him in. I think the A & E idea is a good one, NfK - but is it likely to be risky; although I suppose Gilly you could go in and do battle on his behalf. He doesn't need to be put at risk by being there. Surely there must be someone in A&E with enough grey cells to know that Mr Whoever's patient has failed to receive the treatment he so desperately needs to avoid his appearing in A&E as an emergency some time soon. So wish I was there, I really do. x

gillybob Mon 03-Aug-20 15:12:47

Problem is the surgeon who did his op is on holiday this week . His secretary confirmed that he himself made the follow up app for today . It was the urology clinic who refused to see him today . Still waiting for this call back and feeling more and more wound up .

gillybob Mon 03-Aug-20 15:14:51

I doubt A &E could help other than remove the catheter . The clinic app was for the removal and then monitoring his fluid intake v urine output . Quite a long appointment .

EllanVannin Mon 03-Aug-20 15:30:13

That's not the same bag that was fitted since his op is it,Gilly ?

Roses Mon 03-Aug-20 15:39:20

Gillybob
I'm so sorry that yet again you have been treated so badly at the hospital. I do wonder how you keep going with what life has been throwing at you.

What a horrible woman that sister must be I wonder why she is in the job as she obviously doesn't like the patients, I hope you report her and she doesn't get away with treating you both so badly x

cornergran Mon 03-Aug-20 16:24:18

Oh gilly, popped back to catch up with folk and truly didn't believe my eyes. Horrifically inefficient. I hope someone will be able to see your husband quickly, remove that catheter and do what else needs doing. I'm so sorry, love and a hug from me.

annodomini Mon 03-Aug-20 16:26:52

Hi Gilly, I don't often post on this thread but I'm seeing red about your husband's treatment by that callous and unprofessional sister. "Caring" profession? hmm
If the consultant is away on holiday there must be a registrar holding the reins in his absence, so I wonder where he/she was when DH arrived at the clinic. I hope that by now someone has called you back, but whatever solution they propose (if any), I'd be inclined to contact PALS with an account of today's events. Even if they are useless (as they sometimes can be) at least they will have a record. Also send a copy of your complaint to the chairman (person) of the Trust by recorded delivery. You don't deserve all this hassle - you've been strong for so long.

12Michael Mon 03-Aug-20 16:31:46

Got back and hour or so ,
Mick

EllanVannin Mon 03-Aug-20 16:37:43

Welcome back to the fold Mick---all in one piece.

JenniferEccles Mon 03-Aug-20 16:40:10

Please try to update us all gilly when you can.

Lots of good advice on here concerning complaining about your husband’s non-treatment, but meanwhile he is waiting for an important procedure to be carried out re. the consultant’s instructions.

I do hope you have heard by now.

Pittcity Mon 03-Aug-20 16:42:17

Welcome back Mick, look forward to hearing about Harrogate tomorrow.
Praying for good news for the gillybobs xx

grandMattie Mon 03-Aug-20 17:26:05

Welcome back Mick. Hope you had a lovely tim3 away. X

Doodle Mon 03-Aug-20 17:49:26

gillybob that is appalling treatment. Your poor DH to be subjected to such unkindness. I am so sorry and hope it is sorted soon.
marydoll sorry you are feeling bad again. I know how much you want this treatment to work so praying the side effects lessen and the benefit comes soon. x