Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(46 Posts)
12Michael Wed 05-Aug-20 06:18:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but its dry here at the moment here in brackley .
My day yesterday , using bus to Buckingham , and then Bicester after a cafe stop there , before Bicester and another cafe and something to eat , then a shop , and bus back from Bicester which is on its normal timetable.
I think today using public transport with the various changes to revised timetables , lucky I check websites regularly enough for changes .
Sanitsiation seems to be the thing today in shops ,cafes and buses , plus face masks unless your under the COPD banner and have an exemption card .
Today a small local shop ,and stay in and get back into my regular routine properly .
Take Care ,
Mick

Puzzler61 Wed 05-Aug-20 12:58:28

mamaa I think I need to look at the corner of my i-pad when I get on the Good Morning thread each day.
It’s happened since I retired; while working in an office I was constantly looking at a calendar or typing the date.

mamaa Wed 05-Aug-20 11:45:49

Puzzler61 You can ( well you could) actually get such day named pants for adults from M and S- I know because just before lockdown, I hastily ordered a multipack of cotton undies, not realising they had the days of the week on them! They don't really help much re which day it is I'm afraid, unless you actually wear them in the right order! Consequently according to my pants today is Friday...wink
Sendingflowers for those who are having a bit of a rubbish time at the moment for whatever reason x

Purplepixie Wed 05-Aug-20 11:43:40

Fingers crossed for Mr Gillybob. I hope all goes well.

Sending love and hugs to all who are suffering, depressed or just plain fed up! flowers

Purplepixie Wed 05-Aug-20 11:40:10

Good morning from a sunny but windy East Midlands.

Stay safe and sane - i have felt wobbly for days now.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 05-Aug-20 11:38:45

Morning all from South Notts where it's breezy with sunny spells. Nothing much to do today except a general tidy round and the usual hobbies.
Hope all is well with everyone especially those with illness or worries. Fingers crossed for Mrgillybobs and Marydoll.

richardlionheart Wed 05-Aug-20 11:12:30

Hi CrazyH, boiling water should do the trick for most weeds, I do a section at a time aftert tea or coffee as there is still some heat in the kettle, being a tight Yorkshireman!

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 05-Aug-20 10:59:10

Good Morning from a drab again Harrogate. The builders are here rebuilding our retaining garden wall. Our neighbour who is refusing to pay a contribution is keeping an eye on them. She's been worried her shrubs would get damaged, I was worried any of our GD would get damaged. Anyway down from my soapbox!!
Enjoying a good cup of coffee just now.

Taichinan Wed 05-Aug-20 10:17:07

Good morning from the North Angus coast. The sun is - no, was - shining but the clouds are gathering. Yesterday was a real humdinger of a day with wind and rain and max temp of 12°. Today can only be better! I feel so much better with shorter hair again - I wouldn't have thought all that wispy white stuff could weigh so much but I definitely feel lighter! Didn't get to see and wave to my great niece and her family as hoped yesterday as their house isn't visible from the road and I'd have drowned in the attempt if I'd walked down. Fingers crossed for next week. Now it's housework ready for art group tomorrow and tai chi in the garden on Friday. Oh, and the pest man cometh also - I've been a real "farmer's wife with a cleaver" chasing the mice around during lockdown. Actually I think I may have won for now, but harvest time is nearly upon us and this is mouse refuge of preference if Mr Pestman doesn't work his magic. Hey ho. The joys of rural life. Love and hugs to all the poorly and troubled and may everyone have the best day possible. ????

Mapleleaf Wed 05-Aug-20 10:09:47

Good morning from a blustery but brightish South Yorkshire. It was raining earlier but that has now passed by.

Need to pop out later to post my SiL's birthday card to reach her in time. She has a big birthday this year, as do quite a lot of us in the family. An expensive year, but so many arrangements have had to be put on hold, of course - perhaps next year, we'll be able to wind the clock back and pretend it's this year! ?

I do hope mrgillybob gets sorted this morning, gilly. What a disgrace that has been. I do hope your complaint will be dealt with properly and not brushed under the carpet.

Enjoy your time in Whitby, Scentia, it's a lovely place to visit.
Enjoy your break, too, Greyduster.
Hope together sun shines for both of you.

Take it easy today, marydoll. ?

Yes, that's been a terrible explosion in Beirut, hasn't it? Those poor souls.

Take care everyone and ? to all feeling ill, worried or sad.

harrigran Wed 05-Aug-20 10:09:00

Good morning from a mild but windy NE.
DH has another medical appointmemt this morning, they seem to be coming thick and fast since we complained of falling off the radar.
The explosion in Beirut was catastrophic. DH was explaining the damage to me by saying if it had happened in the next city to us, it would have blown our windows out. Really scary.
Need to contact my sister today, I have been dreaming about her all night.
Hope Mr gillybob gets sorted.
Take care Marydoll.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 05-Aug-20 09:36:04

Good morning Mick and all

The sun is burning off the clouds and I think it will be a hot one!!!

Have stripped my bed and it is whirling round in the washing machine, I am off to the gym for a personal training session. Then it will be back home, make the bed sit in the garden with my kindle. I shall shower and make myself respectable for our rishi dinner tat his evening at the pub at the end of our road, should be warm enough to sit at a table in the garden.

Thinking of the gillybobs , hope you have a better day marydoll

I shall be thinking of all those poor souls in Beirut it is unbearable what they are going through.

Take care and keep safe folks ?‍♀️

Grandmafrench Wed 05-Aug-20 09:23:06

Whoops, forgot to add BladeAnnie hope your eye is 100% now and Greyduster enjoy your break - it’ll do you good.

Susan56 Wed 05-Aug-20 09:19:18

Good morning from dull Shropshire where rain is forecast again.

DGD is staying.She was very late to bed last night as napped in the car coming here then up at the crack of dawn today ?
She will be helping grandpa in the garden this morning then baking cookies this afternoon.

Henry is booked into hospital in the middle of August Pantglas.Hopefully he will just be in for the day but they need to check he has no reactions before he can come home.

Hoping Mr gilly has a successful appointment today.

Well done to the sewing machine engineer,hope you aren’t overdoing it though?

The events in Beirut are truly heartbreaking.Thinking of all involved.

Sending good wishes to all with illness and worries.

Grandmafrench Wed 05-Aug-20 09:16:52

Good Morning everyone. What a great British North/South divide in evidence today, weather wise...... Do hope it levels out a bit and people stop fretting about heat, floods, central heating, parched gardens. Sounds as if a joke weather forecast has actually happened!

Here? Well, blue velvet skies, chair covers drying in the hot sunshine, birds shouting for joy and I almost feel the same awaiting delivery of 2 parcels today. One is filled with exciting new bakeware and some truly fabulous washing up gloves from a well known kitchen company in the Lakes.....and everywhere! Last pair of gloves lasted for a whole year. I buy them here and they leak in about 6 uses.

Temperatures are in the 30’s for the foreseeable, so I can spare a whole bucket of ☀️beams if they help cheer you, Mary. Have a better day today with your new engineering career?

Sounds like you’ll be travelling in the right direction for a good weekend Scentia. Relax (for a change). Enjoy.
Grandmattie Will your DH be starting the next toilet roll challenge? ?. Hope your blood test results are fine, Sar.I’m very pleased that my Thyroxin gives me totally normal levels again, according to yesterday’s results. ?

Enjoy filling your new larder fridge, Puzzler. I shall send you the promised recipe later.

Best of luck for a positive result today Mr gillybob. Take care all and find some fun if you can. I’m off to do the ironing before the pile takes over. Happy WEDNESDAY - for those without signwritten pants. ??
Keep on keeping safe! Hugs from ??

NannyJan53 Wed 05-Aug-20 09:11:51

I think I will book an appointment for my hair in September Urmston as I have two tone hair at the moment too!

Have to start getting back to some kind of normality soon I suppose.

Gelisajams Wed 05-Aug-20 09:07:00

Good morning from Morecambe Bay. I’m afraid I can’t send you any sun Marydoll as it’s pouring down here. Glad you had a restful day yesterday, now don’t overdo it tidying up after your DD!
Really hoping Mr G gets his catheter sorted and that there are no further problems. My DH had similar problems after his op last year so I understand where they are both coming from. Urology departments are not the best!
Not sure what today will hold, some exercise, crochet and Duo lingo French will be be included at some point.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Nortsat Wed 05-Aug-20 09:06:50

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a currently overcast east London.

Like others both on this thread and another, I have been looking on in horror at the explosion and it’s aftermath, in Beirut. How utterly dreadful.

The other evening our kind neighbour rang our doorbell and brought us a lovely dish of lamb biryani, a dish of chopped salad and a citrusy milk pudding for desert. They were celebrating Eid and always share their celebration largesse with us. Her cooking is restaurant quality. So I unexpectedly had a lovely ‘cooking-free’ evening.
Our neighbour is a very kind person.

A bit of housework and a walk for me today.

So pleased to see the sewing machine engineer managed a post today, I am sure the favourite fudge helped! Thinking of the gillybobs, dragonfly, Cherry and Bluesapphire. ? for those who need them. Have a good day, all ?

kittylester Wed 05-Aug-20 09:04:46

Good morning from a slightly overcast and blowy North Leicestershire.

I have admin and garden watering to do. And, a man is coming to tell us how much he might charge us for cleaning our windows. Our usual window cleaner seems to have disappeared and it would be nice to see out.

Hope all goes well for mrgillybob.

Puzzler61 Wed 05-Aug-20 08:58:55

GooD Luck today Mr gillyb. Hope all goes as planned and leaves him feeling much more comfortable.

gillgran Wed 05-Aug-20 08:55:28

Good Morning to you all from a grey, warm & windy Cambs.,

I hope MrGillybob's appointment is successful today.

Good wishes to all who are poorly, flowers, & to you all who are off on trips out/away, have a nice restful time.

Take Care Folks

Anniebach Wed 05-Aug-20 08:52:02

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

BladeAnnie Wed 05-Aug-20 08:48:40

Good morning all from a dull and breezy mid-Notts. I'm hoping any rain holds off until later as I'm meeting my friend of many years for an outdoor socially distanced coffee - the travel cup comes back into use!! Apart from my hospital appointment last week, this is my first outing since March. My first drive too and since my ankle fusion have become quite a nervous driver - both of cars are automatic so I can manage fine but have moments of self doubt. I remember my daughters having pants with days of the week on and I think socks too - no mixing up the days then!! Such terrible news from Beirut - it does make you think how fragile life really is and puts things into perspective a bit. Hope everyone has the best day possible and please stay safe x

Marydoll Wed 05-Aug-20 08:07:10

Good morning all from yet another miserable day in Glasgow.
It's good to hear everyone's plans. Although shielding has been paused for others, for the moment, I have to generally behave as if I still am, as I'm immunosuppressed due to my new treatment, so I'm confined to barracks for now.

Yesterday, DD worked in our dining room, while I stayed in bed, unusually for me. I was totally wiped out. It was as if she had never been away. I had forgotten how messy she could be. My usually tidy lounge, looked as if it had been hit by a tornado. ?️??

I'm usually very good at hiding how rubbish I'm feeling, but yesterday, I just couldn't do it. I think DD got a bit of a shock.☹️. It was nice to be fussed over, including bringing me a bag of my favourite fudge. I have eaten the lot!!! ?

After DD went home at lunchtime, I decided to stop wallowing and do something to keep my mind off things. My sewing machine hasn't been working properly for ages, so after watching a few You Tube videos, I got DH to loosen the screws and I stripped it down to have a look.
It is working a treat now! I have a new career, a sewing machine engineer! ?

I hope Mr Gillybob's procedure goes well, and any of our virtual friends who have appointments today or are struggling. Grammaretto's DH isn't too well either, hoping he is a bit better today.
Sending hugs to our missing regulars.
Enjoy your day, the best you can.
If you have any sun, could you please send some up here! ☀️??

Greyduster Wed 05-Aug-20 08:06:31

Fingers crossed for Mr Gb today??.

Grammaretto Wed 05-Aug-20 08:06:26

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It isn't raining!
There were a few ceiling drips yesterday so there's a loose slate or two.
What horrific news from Beirut. It puts our worries into perspective.
Hope all the poorly ones are feeling a bit better today. This includes DH.
xxx