Gransnet forums

Chat

Old sewing machine manuals

(4 Posts)
elizabethpenrhyn Wed 05-Aug-20 14:15:12

Hi, I've been searching the web for a copy or digital download of a manual for my faithful old Toyota 5500 sewing machine - can't find my own manual. I've been shocked at the number of sites offering manuals for old machines - but in the (very missable) small print it says that you are joining a monthly subscription service to access any manuals at any time.

Has anyone been caught out by this kind of advert? OR found one that is reliable for a one-off request? Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated as I want to pass the machine on to my granddaughters. Thanks.

travelsafar Wed 05-Aug-20 14:24:15

Have you tried emailing the company to see if they can help you or supply a copy of the manul. Even if you have to pay for it it will be worth it if it means you can sew again.

grandtanteJE65 Wed 05-Aug-20 17:01:37

I have found both Pfaff and Singer manuels with no difficulty and free of charge, so I think you may just have been unlucky.

I've never tried to find a manual for a Toyota sewing machine, though.

Found this though, don't know if it is any good to you.

gzhls.at/blob/ldb/b/8/1/d/b7806df8572c813e8650670df81fe8846c48.pdf

Maggiemaybe Wed 05-Aug-20 17:06:03

I’ve googled many a manual for all sorts of household stuff when we’ve mislaid one (or just can’t be bothered to hunt for it) and have never been charged a penny. I think I’d better look more closely at the sites in future! grin