Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Thursday

(5 Posts)
Rufus2 Thu 06-Aug-20 14:38:32

Good Evening again. Everywhere I look now I’m followed by ads for “Doonas”! All because I’ve looked at a few websites! Must be careful what I look at in future!

Jane Thank you for Zoom info! An international link would be no problem, says he, being a rank novice! We had our Zoom session today, all three of us. If there are only two there is no time limit, but otherwise we get only 40 mins and being poor OAPs we stick with the freebie rather than pay! We’re hoping to get the Council to fund it as part of its “social inclusion/keep the elderly at home programme”, although Covid is doing that for them what with lockdowns and a curfew. We’ll have to wait and see!
You say “East of Scotland Grans! would that exclude Glasgie?
AGAA4 Why does your nickname remind me of an excellent cooker/stove? grin
I remember one in a relatives kitchen; kept it beatifully cosy and warm.
The blitz was a very close thing for your Mum; you just thank your lucky stars. I believe the street where we used to live in Ardwick M/c was flattened when a German landmine dropped in!
We moved darn Sarf to Slough just before the war, but we were just outside London and missed most of the blitz, except later came the V1s and V2s I still remember the sound of a Doodlebug just before its engine cut out then silence until it exploded.
V2s of course were entirely different falling out of the sky without any warning. sad
I still remember John Betjeman’s poem “Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough”! He didn.t seem to like Slough, for some reason! hmm

Our “statistics” are still not good; Over 400 new cases and 8 deaths yesterday. The blame game is intensifying and don’t be surprised if Premier Andrews throws in his hand any time soon. His other problem probably is that none of his Labour mates want his job right now.
Anyway politicians have thick skins, so shed no tears for them with their fat pensions and gold-plated lifetime passes. envy
Before I start crying, Good Health Everyone, wine wine wine
OoRoo

AGAA4 Thu 06-Aug-20 14:54:40

Rufus I can understand your sorrow for the poor politicians.
The ones we have here make me want to cry too.

We have Covid outbreaks here and some cities have restrictions. Seem to be more every day.

Keep safe

Jane10 Thu 06-Aug-20 16:37:34

'It is not fit for humans now' - Slough that is. I love Betjeman's poetry.
The Zoom group is already at the manageable max so I suppose you'll just need to set up your own one. Maybe you could ask here if anyone wants to join you?

Megs36 Thu 06-Aug-20 17:48:28

Just been for tea and cake to friends we’ve not seen for months, such a lot of chats going on, my tongue is quite worn out!!
Also heard from grandson in NSW, seems alrightish where he is.
Cheers, keep well

????????

Grandmabatty Thu 06-Aug-20 19:00:15

Good health to you Rufus2. Politicians get what they deserve! I've had a nice day lunching with a friend and putting the world to rights. I'm going to make French toast now for a late tea. Take care.