Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Fri 07-Aug-20 06:15:03

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its a clear blue sky start here in Brackley ,and what appears could be a very hot day .
Yesterdays bus and shop trips went Ok , got back earlier than planned so watched a cycle race on Eurosport, which involved a UK base team event was in France and featured a climb up the barren landscape of Mont Ventoux.
Today , shop this morning and more cycling n TV the first race will see Chris Froome battle for selection for the Tour De France.
Take Care
Mick

Anniebach Fri 07-Aug-20 15:16:48

Rather late, internet down

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Callistemon Fri 07-Aug-20 15:03:55

Yes, she is a cheery sight. smile

Here comes the rain again. ?

GrannySomerset Fri 07-Aug-20 14:55:25

How good to see Gillybob’s little Friday girl again. Hope that means that fortunes in that household are looking up at last.

Callistemon Fri 07-Aug-20 14:48:55

We had some large spots of rain a little while ago.

Where's sizzling summer?
It's not cold but certainly not a scorcher as promised.

Froglady Fri 07-Aug-20 12:36:37

Blackburn is still quite overcast today! We've seen the sun today about twice for a few minutes. So I'm stuck indoors yet again as it's not warm enough to sit outside in comfort. I want some of this very hot sun please!

Puzzler61 Fri 07-Aug-20 12:22:23

Sorry, Granmaretto, wrong spelling before.

Puzzler61 Fri 07-Aug-20 12:21:04

Very best wishes to your DH Grammaretto,
I hope he will soon feel much better. Take care of yourself too ?

gillybob Fri 07-Aug-20 11:18:00

A very late good morning from the NE coast where we have a warm but not sunny day . Certainly not the heatwave that other parts of the country seem to have .

I’ve been stuck in “this place” since very early on this morning as we had a conference call with France at 8.00 . We seem to be inching closer towards that illusive order .

I haven’t had chance to read through the thread yet but will try and catch up with s the news later .

Still thinking about our missing friends dragonfly and BlueSapphire and those feeling poorly or unhappy .

I hope we all have the best Friday possible .
Love Gillybob xx

Hymnbook Fri 07-Aug-20 10:45:08

Morning everyone. Phew! It's so hot already. I'm so hot and tired I've had breakfast . Don't know what l'm going to do today. If l can be bothered l ought to get ready and go on the park find a shady spot with my book . The complex l live in is so well insulated temperatures in the corridors can go up to 27 degrees. We've complained about this but we aren't listened to. I've never had to have my heating on at all since I moved in. Hope you all have a good day and keep cool.

MellowYellow Fri 07-Aug-20 10:29:21

Poor Mellow - hope you get some relief from that pain today.

Thank you Grandmafrench that moved me.

Beechnut Fri 07-Aug-20 09:58:13

Wishing MrKitty a very Happy 75th Birthday ???

I’m wondering what you will post tomorrow Marydoll I have three things I’ve told myself it could be ???

Nannytopsy Fri 07-Aug-20 09:57:45

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Congratulations to the anzies & Mr Lester. Good news about Covid too. Our DGS had negative results yesterday too so we went for an impromptu bbq in the afternoon. Sadly DS has to go back to work now that the test was negative!
The battery went in the smoke alarm outside the bedroom door at 2.30 am. ? May need a siesta later! Our cat is deaf and doesn’t respond to any noise but he jumps every time the alarm beeps. First job is to find a battery...
Have a good day everyone

Serendipity22 Fri 07-Aug-20 09:57:12

Good morning from Yorkshire. smile

It's a lovely warm morning, no sun as yet, but that suits me just fine, lovely breeze.

Today I am ironing (( which I truly love )), washing all the bedding, hoovering and recovering my headboard, a job that has been in the making for.... ohhhhh.... let's see.... I'd say about 20 years !!!!

Enjoy your day everyone...
smilesmile

Callistemon Fri 07-Aug-20 09:56:00

Good morning Mick and everyone from SE Wales. I think we have a micro climate here as it always seems to be different from the forecast. It has clouded over.

We were expecting friends for a visit yesterday for the first time for a self distanced brew in the garden but it rained steadily all day and she said she didn't feel great so it's postponed. Fingers crossed it's part of an ongoing problem and not the virus.

The idea was to make some more face masks today or make some plum jam but, if it is going to be hot, perhaps a day's holiday in the garden might be a good idea ⛱

I hope you have good news tomorrow to perk you up Marydoll
I have a zip wire story too, perhaps for another day! I'm just recovering from an anxiety dream (I never used to have these).
Wishing Mr G a good recovery

Best wishes to all and congratulations to anyone with a special anniversary or birthday.

Mapleleaf Fri 07-Aug-20 09:52:15

Good morning all from a very sunny and warm South Yorkshire. It's already touching 25 C so is going to be very hot by this afternoon. Supposedly reaching approximately 29 C, which for up here is pretty hot.

Just a faffing sort of day here. I've a bit of ironing to do, but that can wait until it cools down, so I think it's more likely to be feet up with my book today once I've done a quick tidy round.

Looking forward to hearing your exciting news tomorrow, marydoll. I've an inkling as to what it could be but might be completely wrong. ?

What a worry for you, Granmaretto, but you must be so relieved that you can visit your DH this afternoon. Sending good wishes to you both. ?

I hope that you all can manage to enjoy the sunshine without getting too hot and bothered.

Kind thoughts to all the GM's who are unwell, worried or frightened, and especially thinking of BlueSapphire, Dragonfly and Cherry ????

harrigran Fri 07-Aug-20 09:48:14

Good morning from a hazy, mild NE.
Slept late after disturbed night, DH up every hour.
A day in the garden for us probably, I wouldn't go anywhere near our beach.
Happy birthday to Mr kitty, I will raise a glass this afternoon when we have our champers in the garden.
Looks as if even us northerners are going to have a summer's day ?

Grandmafrench Fri 07-Aug-20 09:47:56

Oh dear, just seen Grammaretto's news. Emergency surgery is not going to be good for either of you, but hopefully he'll be soon on the mend now. Hope you find him in good spirits this afternoon. All good wishes to you and to him.

Poor Mellow - hope you get some relief from that pain today.

You're quiet Ellan - hope you're o.k.

Puzzler61 Fri 07-Aug-20 09:42:26

Welcome anzie to our very friendly Morning thread,
and a Happy Anniversary too ? ?

Kalu Fri 07-Aug-20 09:41:40

What a worrying time for you both*Grammaretto*. Pleased to hear though that your DH’s surgery was successful and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Grandmafrench Fri 07-Aug-20 09:41:00

Good Morning everyone ! See that the summer sunshine I promised to send you has arrived.

Happy Birthday Mr Lester - stay cool. So pleased about Mr Lester Junior's results. What a relief. Hope you are having a lovely time, Greyduster but don't forget, even on a family holiday, you need to get some rest and some you-time as well.

Stay safe and maybe see you here again, Mybirtthedragon ?

I too was up and out pottering in my plot early, Puzzler. I have got bitten for my pains - but the flowers look good. I need to stop leaving the insect spray on the garden table as a kind of threat, and start putting it on my skin before gardening. Maybe that's the way forwardgrin

Think I have sussed your surprise, MD but I'm saying NUFFINK. Hope you sleep tonight, you need that rest and repair. Same for you GrandMattie - you sound like someone who needs an air conditioning unit for your bedroom - somewhere to go when you can't cope. The UK can be so warm and muggy sometimes. Mr Gillybob please continue to make a long-awaited recovery.

Urms no one could ever say you're not kind! (Shouldn't think they ever have). Bet your waiter friend and his family think all their Christmases have come at once. Whoops, sorry about the C word!

After some ironing - in a cool shuttered room, I shall find something interesting to have for lunch and then stretch out in the garden sharing some life with Michelle. I'm so enjoying Mrs Obama's book. Taking me a while to read because I can't read in bed on my iPad, it's too heavy and can't just be abandoned like a book. If I lie down with it, there's a chance that I'll be struck in the face if I doze off. Don't want to turn our bedroom into a hazardous zone! Can see why recently she (Mrs Obama) has said that she's struggling with (mild) depression at the mo'. The state of the States!! If the world wasn't in a bad enough place, living there now wouldn't make that any better, I should imagine.

Seize the day and soak up all that Vitamin D., folks. Hope that whether you're in Provence (like Nortstat) (?!) or Polmont - Grandmabatty something good happens today and you can smile.

To everyone struggling, you're going to come through it, just don't give up or give in.

Hugs from French France x

Susan56 Fri 07-Aug-20 09:26:24

Grammaretto,pleased your DH’s emergency surgery went well and that you can visit him this afternoon.Him needing emergency surgery will have been a shock for you.
Sending good wishes to you both?

MellowYellow Fri 07-Aug-20 09:21:13

Morning everyone from a hot but cloudy south Cornwall. The sun will break through no doubt so one place I won't be going to is the beach today. It'll be bonkers there! A book and a flask of coffee under a tree at the park I think. grandMattie I too was up at 3, in the bath trying to relieve hip pain and then sitting on my patio at 5 under a gentle soft rain. The best day possible to all of you.

BladeAnnie Fri 07-Aug-20 09:19:48

Good morning all from a sunny and already hot mid-Notts. I saw DD1 and DGD1 yesterday and her little face when she saw me - I wanted to cry. I have an ex-work friend visiting this morning . We have some lovely shady seating at the bottom of the garden so we will sit there and watch the river go by while Mr BA serves us drinks!! Staycation?? Hope everyone has the best day possible and please stay safe x

Grammaretto Fri 07-Aug-20 09:12:22

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it ain't sunny at all. Maybe later.

I am relieved. DH had emergency surgery last night and I have phoned the ward and he's OK. It was successful. I couldn't stay last night but I am allowed to visit this afternoon.

Your zip wire story Marydoll reminds me of the time DGD went on it, aged just 4 and crashed into a tree. I helped her down and asked her where it hurt. "It's my forehead grannie - that's where my thoughts are!" I knew she would be alright. smile

GrannySomerset Fri 07-Aug-20 09:00:25

DS, fiancée and two teenage GC arriving for lunch on their way home from a week away so must bestir myself a bit. GS loves sausage rolls but it’s too hot for baking so he will have to put up with Tesco profiteroles as an alternative treat. Going to be too hot for almost anything, I think, and I don’t envy them the M4 in such conditions.