Gransnet forums

Chat

I’m beginning to feel sorry for Prince Andrew.

(200 Posts)
Bluebellwould Fri 07-Aug-20 17:49:20

I never thought I would say this but I am genuinely beginning to feel sorry for him, after today’s revelations by Virginia Roberts. Everybody is entitled to a private sex life and as long as it doesn’t hurt children or animals, then i feel you are free to do what you like. The more that comes out, the more I feel it is a vendetta against him not Epstein. Do we need all the sordid details? Does it make any difference to the ongoing case? Love to hear your views from behind the sofa.

FarNorth Sun 09-Aug-20 14:47:48

Perhaps she kept a photo of a wealthy, important man and now realises she was coerced into sex with him.

Women in the sex trade may claim that they are there through their own free will yet, later in their lives, may realise that they were manipulated into doing it and that it harmed them psychologically.

This could be similar.

Jane10 Sun 09-Aug-20 14:56:34

I'm not ascribing blame to those poor girls in Rotherham. I'm not blaming the party girls like Guiffre either who derived considerable benefits in the way of wealthy lifestyles and hobnobbing with the rich and famous. There are women who have always lived that way. If it's their choice that's fine by me.
The poor girls in Rotherham and other places have not benefited in any way.

maddyone Sun 09-Aug-20 14:57:04

I don’t know whether Prince Andrew was a rapist or not. However undoubtably he made poor choices with his friends, and in my opinion he used his fame/reputation as a Prince of the UK to curry favours, which appears to have led to the situation he now finds himself in. The girl or girls were apparently underage in America, which means that even if they appeared willing, surely it was child abuse. He had absolutely no moral code for living if this is what happened.
The girl who has written a book, and is feeding the media, deserves no respect for washing the dirty linen in public and wanting to make money from it, but without doubt she deserves justice for whatever crimes were committed.

maddyone Sun 09-Aug-20 14:58:47

Plus, what were their parents doing about it? I believe these girls were underage.

Jane10 Sun 09-Aug-20 15:00:07

There's an awful old joke about a prostitute who reports a rape to the police. On being asked about it she admitted that she hadn't realised it had been rape till the cheque bounced.
I now have an advert popping up on my phone for 'Little Mistress'. Wonder why hmm

FarNorth Sun 09-Aug-20 15:10:14

Your point is Jane10?

Parsley3 Sun 09-Aug-20 15:40:43

I didn't know that she was accusing Andrew of raping her. Why is he only being questioned as a witness if that is the case?

Jane10 Sun 09-Aug-20 15:44:02

Read back through the responses FarNorth. If what happened to Guiffre was so dreadful why didn't she report it at the time?
As another poster said before, what were her parents thinking was going on?

Galaxy Sun 09-Aug-20 16:12:15

Again exactly what was said about the girls in Rotherham.

Pollyj Sun 09-Aug-20 16:15:42

Haven’t heard anything about it, maybe because I’m selective in my news. I don’t feel sorry for him though as I can’t believe anyone who had his contact with Epstein didn’t know what went on. He has clearly hedged and been less than honest. I reserve judgement though, until the truth (if it allowed to come out) is known.

Pollyj Sun 09-Aug-20 16:17:05

Have you known anyone in this sort of situation? Too many women don’t report, and those who do often wish they hadn’t.

Grany Sun 09-Aug-20 16:29:56

Just looking at the photo of teenager Roberts with Sleazy Andrew with his arm around her. A picture paints a thousands words.

And he said in interview I can't rember that photo.

He is seen at a an open door with a young lady leaving.

The met police destroyed log of officer where PA was on out at Pizza Express.

The Lolita Express gives no doubt of what was happing at Epstein's many locations

It is also known that a teenagers brain is not fully developed until age 25 so they see the world through their emotions and so are able to be coerced whatever.

All people whether rich or not prince or pauper should be investigated thoroughly. And not like the wealthy hire top lawyers so they do not face justice.

Anniebach Sun 09-Aug-20 17:03:33

The brain isn’t fully developed until age 25 ? So marriage
under age 25 not wise

The young girl leaving whilst Andrew stood at the door has
been identified as the daughter of Paul Keating ex Australian PM.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7382223/Jeffrey-Epstein-scandal-Katherine-Keating-maintains-silence.html

Nannee49 Sun 09-Aug-20 17:35:00

They're all as guilty as sin. They've been caught out in their disgusting goings on and are having difficulty in believing that power and privilege isn't the free pass it usually is this time. The things I find most astonishing are that a.) there is even discussion regarding their obscene antics being true or not and b.) that "they" even give an FF what us lesser mortals think. All they care about is saving their own filthy necks which, hopefully, won't be the case now but you never know...

Summerlove Sun 09-Aug-20 17:38:26

Jane10

Read back through the responses FarNorth. If what happened to Guiffre was so dreadful why didn't she report it at the time?
As another poster said before, what were her parents thinking was going on?

No.

No

No

No.

That’s not how this works

Jane10 Sun 09-Aug-20 17:40:50

Of course 'they' will get away with it. Wealthy powerful men always have and always will. We won't even hear about them.
I was married at 22. Somehow I knew what was going on.

Summerlove Sun 09-Aug-20 17:41:42

I’m actually horrified by how many women here seem to think that because you appear to benefit then you are to blame.

Rape apologists at every turn I guess.

maddyone Sun 09-Aug-20 17:58:03

The only thing is, no one knows whether the girl was raped. There’s not been a court case as I understand it, so no guilty verdict. Please don’t read this that I’m supporting whatever happened, I’m saying that people can’t be called a rapist without a trial. So you can say alleged rapist, but not rapist.

I’ve already condemned what is alleged to have happened. Or Prince Andrew’s behaviour, to be honest it disgusts me.

But why didn’t the parents try to find out what was going on? I’m sorry, but it’s a legitimate concern. I was cross about my daughter getting a tongue piercing when she was underage, and when she was planning to sleep on the beach at fourteen. Parents are supposed to know what’s going on in their minor’s life.

Granniesunite Sun 09-Aug-20 18:51:00

The question is did he or did he not abuse and use young impresionable girls for his own satisfaction and did he know his friend was doing just that.

Also his security detail must have known what was going on. To deny that they didn't know would make them look incompetent.

You and I paid for these trips and I for one object to my hard earned cash being used to commit a crime and fund such a lifestyle.

Bridgeit Sun 09-Aug-20 19:39:24

Decent human beings do not use , abuse or take advantage of other human beings.
To do so is to be morally corrupt.

Anniebach Sun 09-Aug-20 19:42:53

Guiffrie’s father said, on being asked why she didn’t speak of
her ordeals when she visited him ‘, ‘she is a very good actress ‘.

Granniesunite Sun 09-Aug-20 20:06:12

Disgusting public behaviour from a father.

Callistemon Sun 09-Aug-20 21:00:54

Anniebach

The brain isn’t fully developed until age 25 ? So marriage
under age 25 not wise

The young girl leaving whilst Andrew stood at the door has
been identified as the daughter of Paul Keating ex Australian PM.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7382223/Jeffrey-Epstein-scandal-Katherine-Keating-maintains-silence.html

Young girl?

She was 38 at the time of that photo.
Hardly a young girl!

Callistemon Sun 09-Aug-20 21:02:06

Apologies, she was 29!

Just a young slip of a girl then.

Anniebach Sun 09-Aug-20 21:22:21

But over 25 so her brain had fully developed