Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(92 Posts)
12Michael Sun 09-Aug-20 06:19:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start but with a little breeze here in Brackley this morning .
Today , a nice easy day in with a small shop .
Yesterday I noticed the flea market in Buckingham was busy but the person I usually see was not there , so an antiques fair elsewhere I assume.
Take Care ,
Mick

Grammaretto Sun 09-Aug-20 18:52:27

Marydoll ❤️❤️❤️ sending lots of love to you and your wonderful family.
I wish you could swig the whisky but I guess not. just so's you don't notice the clearing up

Marydoll Sun 09-Aug-20 17:11:48

I had to come back and thank you all for your lovely posts. I haven't sat down all day, trying to speak to neighbours, clearing up and answering the phone, as word has gotten out about the nuptials.
We will have to order takeaway, I never got round to making the traditional Scottish steak pie! DH is not too happy. wink

Great to see the two Lanarkshire girls posting!
Stilllearning, as Kalu says, you don't need to wait for the daily email. Log onto Gransnet any time after 6am, look for the Last Hour heading and you will find us.
When things are more normal, feel free to come and meet the Glesca Grannies in town for a catch up. At the last meet up there were fourteen of us!

As for EV, she had some posts deleted and I wonder if this is why she has not been around. I do hope she is OK!

CherryCezzy Sun 09-Aug-20 14:43:25

Thank you gillybob, Nortsat and Susan for your very kind well wishes, they are much appreciated. I am getting there bit by bit.

Thinking of you BlueSapphire and dragonfly, I hope you return soon ??

CherryCezzy Sun 09-Aug-20 14:37:14

Afternoon everyone from a hazy Gower.

Sending my Happy Birthday wishes to Mr Matty today, hope you have a lovely day and enjoy your carrot cake ? .

Marydoll it looks like it was the perfect day for your DD's wedding. The garden setting in the evening looks like a fairy Grove, wonderful ?. I love your DD's footwear choice too ?. Your soon to be DiL looks really lovely and that cake ? is lovely to match.
Rest up today lovely mother of the bride ?

I hope that Ellan hasn't received any horrible pms annsixty. No matter how contentious a post there is no need to send nasty personal messages. I hope she is alright.

Welcome Stilllearning ?, don't forget to tell Urmstongran the value of your house ? (joke) ?.

Stilllearning Sun 09-Aug-20 14:36:13

Also thanks for the kind welcome Kalu and Grandmafrench, I do enjoy your posts, they bring back memories of many camping holidays (and adventures!) in France when my children were small.

Stilllearning Sun 09-Aug-20 14:25:30

Oh thank you Grannmarie, I did wonder if there was something I wasn’t ‘getting’ but had no idea how to find out! Hopefully I’ll now feel more confident about joining in, thanks again.

Taichinan Sun 09-Aug-20 14:22:38

Hello again. I'm dipping in and out of here while doing other very (in)important thungs. But just wanted to say happy 15th to your GD Kalu. I too remember that surge of love when I first saw my first GD after her difficult delivery -DD had pre-eclampsia. She was such a big bonny baby, when I was expecting to see a poor little scrap. She is now a gorgeous 16! Enjoy the birthday picnic with yours ??

Kalu Sun 09-Aug-20 14:18:22

Stilllearning A warm welcome to this lovely thread. Please feel free to join us now that you have made your first post.
Hope you are enjoying a day in the sunshine. ☀️

Kalu Sun 09-Aug-20 14:10:43

Thank you Puzzler. Everything ready for the picnic and they are arriving shortly. We will also be having a cuddle with 11yr old GD2 but not yet for the birthday girl.
Hope you are enjoying your day.

Grannmarie Sun 09-Aug-20 14:01:28

Hello stilllearning, just to say that you don't need to wait for the daily email, just Google Gransnet as early as you like and you'll find Mick's friendly Good Morning thread in Chat. He usually opens up just after 6 a.m.

Make the most of our Lanarkshire sunshine, I think we are getting storms tomorrow!

annsixty Sun 09-Aug-20 13:42:23

I have hesitated to post but a few days ago Ellan posted a rather contentious post.
I wonder if she had some adverse posts or PM’s.
Just speculating really.

Grandmafrench Sun 09-Aug-20 13:29:25

Welcome stilllearning - no more lurking, please. We need entertaining! Have a good rest of today.

Grandmafrench Sun 09-Aug-20 13:27:24

Good Morning ......but afternoon because I lost my post, sorry.

Fabulous time for you all Marydoll. We need to get back to simple and to people doing just what they want for a fabulous wedding to remember. Bet your DD is so pleased they had such a fabulous day. Thanks so much for sharing. Hope by now you are resting, Mother of Bride!

Very pretty result from your art class, Grandmabatty. Keep making use of that talent!

Aah, you do love him GrandMattie ... and you’ve appeared from behind that wet sheet to make his Birthday wishes come true. Wishing your DH a lovely day and continued good health. Hang in there, it seems a storm’s a’coming tomorrow - and the raging heat will be at an end.

Where are you Ellan ? Think we need a thumb’s up just to stop us worrying, please?

Hope everyone is having the best day doing anything they want. If not now - then when??

Keep safe, sane and smiling.
Hugs from Scorching ???

Stilllearning Sun 09-Aug-20 13:11:23

Another ‘lurker from Lanarkshire’ breaking cover to join my good wishes to everyone else’s for Marydoll and her family. I have so enjoyed reading all your posts for a long time now but I seem to receive the news letter a bit later than many of you and by the time I read it feels a bit late to join in. Anyhow I have followed your trials and tribulations with sympathy and admiration Marydoll and felt I really wanted to say how happy I am that eventually you and your family had such a lovely day making great memories for you all.

BladeAnnie Sun 09-Aug-20 13:10:40

I was actually too late to say good morning!! I have read through the thread and wanted to say - Marydoll it looks like you had a perfect day. grandMattie - that cake looks lovely and hope your hubby enjoys. I've got DD2 and partner arriving shortly- it's very overcast but warm here in mid-Notts so I'm hoping we will be able to sit in the garden. Enjoy the rest of Sunday and please stay safe x

Taichinan Sun 09-Aug-20 13:06:11

Oh *Marydoll" how perfect. So happy for you all! Thought of you on and off all yesterday afternoon, as I'm sure we all did. So lovely to see the photos too - and what a splendid cake! And a beautiful bride!
Grandmabatty that's a beautiful painting - quite out of my league! I wish I could get back to painting - I did it a lot until tai chi took over my life. I'm obviously an 'all or nothing' artist. Do keep it up because it's true - you either use it or lose it ?

grandMattie Sun 09-Aug-20 12:11:13

Carrot cake as ordered!

Grannmarie Sun 09-Aug-20 11:54:25

Good morning Mick and all, from sunny Lanarkshire (quite unusual!) I'm just popping in from "lurking" to send much love and congratulations to Marydoll and family on the very special occasion of her DDs wedding.

Thank you for sharing your happiness and the gorgeous photos, your joy is contagious and has cheered so many of us this morning.

Wishing the happy couple good health, long life and much love and laughter.

Sending good wishes to all good morning people, take care and stay safe.

Susan56 Sun 09-Aug-20 11:47:04

Hi Greeneyedgirl??

Yes,hopefully we can arrange a Shropshire meet up when things improve.

Georgesgran Sun 09-Aug-20 11:40:19

Good morning from Durham where it’s overcast and slightly breezy, but I can see and feel the sun breaking through.

I’d always fancied living by the sea, but both Gillybob and Harrigran - who must only be Whitley Bay? - seem to report completely different weather from me. I’m 20 minutes away from Seaham, but well enough inland not to experience those days of sea feet and biting winds. Looks like I’ll just be staying put for now.

Not a lot planned - washed and ironed already. Trying to feed a scruffy robin with worms from the compost bin.

Marydoll’s day looked just perfect! Congratulations all round.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 09-Aug-20 11:38:04

Good Morning all from cloudy Harrogate, yesterday I was delighted to meet up with two old pals I haven't seen since before lockdown. It was a perfect day for sitting social distancing in the garden.
Hope you had a good day yesterday, Marydoll. Today I aim to clean out of of my kitchen cupboards. Time will tell if I succeed!!

Doodle Sun 09-Aug-20 11:37:02

What a lovely day marydoll and what a cake ?
I hope your DD and her new husband will be very happy together.

MellowYellow Sun 09-Aug-20 11:18:38

Wonderful pics Marydoll, congratulations and rest well today if possible.

MellowYellow Sun 09-Aug-20 11:16:23

I've pm'd you Grandmabatty.

annsixty Sun 09-Aug-20 11:11:38

Marydoll
So happy for you all that everything went so well for you all.
The photographs are lovely.
You have real keepers in your new SiL and future DiL.