Gransnet forums

Chat

Are you seeing a lot more cyclists on the roads?

(28 Posts)
tanith Sun 09-Aug-20 15:00:08

Yes and on the pavement, it’s good people want to cycle more but I hope that the cyclists death rate doesn’t rise accordingly.

timetogo2016 Sun 09-Aug-20 14:33:39

Totaly agree Craftycat.
They are a damn nuisance and for some reason ride two abreast which apparently is legal now.
I was brought up to cycle one in front and others behind singuarly.

Craftycat Sun 09-Aug-20 14:23:56

Driving down into town this morning I was surprised to see a lot of cyclists on the roads. I noticed it last week too when I was driving through country lanes to see my son.
I did hear on the news that more people are taking to cycling since the lock down .
My concern is that none of the ones I saw knew HOW to ride a bike in the main. Weaving all over the place & riding 2 or 3 abreast in the lanes they were just plain dangerous. One man suddenly veered over towards the middle of the road in front of me with no hand signals or looking to see if anything was coming up behind him- luckily I was able to slow down in time.
We have a group of young lads locally who ride always on the wrong side & think it is great fun to weave all over the road- I know some of my neighbours have followed them home & spoken to the parents but it was all adults I saw this morning.
Is it about time that cyclists have to take a road test & need insurance?