Gransnet forums

Chat

Forgot about my tea and took a big gulp. It was cold?. X

(270 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Mon 10-Aug-20 10:43:01

Hi all,
I am traumatised. It was disgusting. I feel sickenvy(not envy). X

Lucca Mon 10-Aug-20 13:33:35

I feel a Victor Meldrew moment coming on.

Lisagran Mon 10-Aug-20 14:11:57

I am quite a drama queen. Really FlyingHandbag? I hadn’t noticed grin. Your life is very eventful, isn’t it?
I’m going outside into the world now, but I shall catch up with your happenings later........no doubt
X

FlyingHandbag Mon 10-Aug-20 14:13:30

Lisagran

^I am quite a drama queen^. Really FlyingHandbag? I hadn’t noticed grin. Your life is very eventful, isn’t it?
I’m going outside into the world now, but I shall catch up with your happenings later........no doubt
X

Yes, I do have a very eventful life, but I have a happy life, and that's worth more than anything else. Have a nice time. X

Aldom Mon 10-Aug-20 14:16:29

Keep them coming Flyinghandbag You always make me smile. And most importantly, you are never unkind or rude.

BlueSky Mon 10-Aug-20 14:24:35

Aldom

Keep them coming Flyinghandbag You always make me smile. And most importantly, you are never unkind or rude.

True Aldom!

GrannyGravy13 Mon 10-Aug-20 14:35:29

Personally I think warm white wine, champagne or Prosecco would traumatise me far more than cold tea ??????

FlyingHandbag Mon 10-Aug-20 14:39:01

Aldom

Thanks so much... your posts always give me a lift as you are so kind. X

PinkCakes Mon 10-Aug-20 14:46:02

Has anyone seen the price of eggs in Tesco? grin

JenniferEccles Mon 10-Aug-20 14:53:26

Handbag’s threads are always a light relief!

I agree that she is never nasty or sneering, and I like her self-deprecating manner (she admitted she is a bit of a drama queen!)

There is plenty of room on Gransnet for a variety of subjects and writing styles isn’t there?

Imagine how boring it would be to just have very heavy, intense discussions, or horrors, just to read about how wonderful posters’ grandchildren are?
I am sure we all have one or two friends in that category!

Handbag you sound a bit eccentric, and I mean that as a compliment!

GrannyGravy13 Mon 10-Aug-20 14:59:03

FlyingHandbag keep posting, your posts are never boring ???

Oopsadaisy3 Mon 10-Aug-20 15:01:56

I’m another one who knew exactly who had posted before I opened the thread.

timetogo2016 Mon 10-Aug-20 15:10:47

I can`t do cold tea either,it makes me tea heave.

Nortsat Mon 10-Aug-20 15:14:43

Keep posting FH, GNs who don’t care for your threads or style of posting, should simply go to another thread ...

Given some of the toxic comments on one of the other current threads, I find FH and her concerns about her tea, a light relief.

BlueBelle Mon 10-Aug-20 15:35:59

but I am quite a drama queen ....no never not you I d bnever believe that of you ?
dumdidummdum just saw a flying pig don’t know about a flying handbag

FlyingHandbag Mon 10-Aug-20 15:40:25

JenniferEccles

Handbag’s threads are always a light relief!

I agree that she is never nasty or sneering, and I like her self-deprecating manner (she admitted she is a bit of a drama queen!)

There is plenty of room on Gransnet for a variety of subjects and writing styles isn’t there?

Imagine how boring it would be to just have very heavy, intense discussions, or horrors, just to read about how wonderful posters’ grandchildren are?
I am sure we all have one or two friends in that category!

Handbag you sound a bit eccentric, and I mean that as a compliment!

Awww thanks. When I went to visit relatives on Saturday, I was putting bronzing powder on my legs in the car and I remarked to a young relative that she must be a bithmm. Her answer: "No, I'm used to you, you're very fun". I almost started crying! X

FlyingHandbag Mon 10-Aug-20 15:40:46

GrannyGravy13

FlyingHandbag keep posting, your posts are never boring ???

Awww thanks. X

FlyingHandbag Mon 10-Aug-20 15:42:22

Nortsat

Keep posting FH, GNs who don’t care for your threads or style of posting, should simply go to another thread ...

Given some of the toxic comments on one of the other current threads, I find FH and her concerns about her tea, a light relief.

Thanks so much. I enjoy posting, probably more than some people enjoy reading my posts, but it's not something that bothers me, there's plenty more threads for them to read. X
smile

FlyingHandbag Mon 10-Aug-20 15:43:43

Oopsadaisy3

I’m another one who knew exactly who had posted before I opened the thread.

I wonder why?grinX

Oopsadaisy3 Mon 10-Aug-20 16:43:53

Because you have a reputation of opening threads about everyday things.

I dropped my tin of dressmaking pins this morning maybe I should have posted about that? ( Although I would have left out the bad language)

But I told myself that no one would be interested.

lemongrove Mon 10-Aug-20 16:50:14

You are spot on Oopsadaisy ?

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 10-Aug-20 16:59:15

It was cold tea that finished my relationship with milk, this was as a child. When I left it too long to cool down, a scum would form on the top - yeugh!!

MawB Mon 10-Aug-20 17:07:21

Oopsadaisy3

I dropped my tin of dressmaking pins this morning maybe I should have posted about that? ( Although I would have left out the bad language)

You’d have been right there too! smile

Oopsadaisy3 Mon 10-Aug-20 17:09:07

Lemon and Maw I certainly wouldn’t have generated 2 pages of comments.

There’s a message there somewhere.......i

FlyingHandbag Mon 10-Aug-20 17:17:11

Oopsadaisy3

Did they poke your fingers? X

FlyingHandbag Mon 10-Aug-20 17:17:31

Gwenisgreat1

It was cold tea that finished my relationship with milk, this was as a child. When I left it too long to cool down, a scum would form on the top - yeugh!!

??