Gransnet forums

Chat

'Lost Stock Box'

(6 Posts)
Jane10 Sun 30-Aug-20 11:46:05

The stuff I received was perfectly good quality but the style and type of items that just isn't me. I'm sure they'll be right for others. I wasn't looking for value for money I just wanted to help the poor garment workers and also liked the idea of organising it.

Riverwalk Sun 30-Aug-20 09:21:07

I'm all for charitable purchases but this initiative doesn't get very good reviews.

There's no way the items would sell for £70 on the high street - they look like cheap market stall tat I'm afraid.

midgey Sun 30-Aug-20 09:11:27

My daughter cancelled hers as it was obvious from her friends boxes that it was random cheap clothing available on the high street. Not at all what was promised.

Oopsadaisy4 Sun 30-Aug-20 09:06:28

Sorry, but how was it good value for money if you couldn’t wear any of it?

Maybe if you have bought them as gifts, then maybe.

But if you don’t have anyone to pass them on to ..........

NotSpaghetti Sun 30-Aug-20 09:03:33

Do you have more info on this Jane10 (and/or photos) please?

Jane10 Mon 10-Aug-20 12:30:07

You may remember this project which aimed to help Bangladeshi garment workers in factories who had had orders cancelled due to coronavirus. For £39 you were to get £70 worth of clothing and the cost would feed a family for a week. Well I'm always keen to help Bangladeshis so I duly paid the money, gave my size and stated colour preference etc. I was kept informed all along and the parcel arrived today.
Four items. All well made and in good quality fabric. They are not the sort of thing I wear (bit too youthful for me) but I liked how they were quite long. One is a very well made linen sleeveless V neck tunic, two others are fancy patterned sleeveless V neck tops in soft fabric and another is a vest top.
I'll be passing them on to others who will wear them but feel I got very good value for money.