Gransnet forums

Chat

Great service M&S

(24 Posts)
annep1 Tue 18-Aug-20 21:55:35

That's what I did Marydoll and Callistemon. I'll try again.
I too, can't fault the CC service Georgesgran

Thanks everyone.

Callistemon Tue 18-Aug-20 21:32:24

I did what Marydoll is suggestig, annep1, sent a message through the website. However, I was dealing with the M&S finance people.

It took a few messages to get through and I had to get cross in the end and ask if anyone at all was interested in helping, but I finally got a response from a helpful human being.

Georgesgran Tue 18-Aug-20 20:27:26

I lost/misplaced my M&S CC last week. Had a good look for it, then rang them on Tuesday. Spoke to a delightful lady called Sue, who confirmed card hadn’t been used since my last transaction, cancelled my old card and ordered a new one. The new pin arrived at the weekend and the new card today. Couldn’t fault the service at all.

Marydoll Tue 18-Aug-20 20:01:20

8annep8, I don't know if this will help.
Go into the M&S website, click on Contact us and there is facility to contact them.
It's a bit convoluted, as there is a drop down menu.

www.marksandspencer.com/c/help

annep1 Tue 18-Aug-20 19:02:19

Does anyone have an email address for M&S please? The one I was given by the adviser is wrong. (surprise surprise )

annep1 Tue 18-Aug-20 15:16:30

Thanks Jane but I was definitely entering it correctly. Still no answer from them. And yes I think it will get worse. But I could have worse problems. I just thought that the message was very amusing.

Jane43 Tue 18-Aug-20 14:28:53

The last time I tried to use a Bonus voucher I found it very difficult, I managed in the end after asking if anyone on here could help and it seemed that I was entering the code in the wrong place. On the whole I find their website and their app really difficult to navigate. I have seldom used their call centre and it seems like something to avoid doing. Things will probably get worse in view of the recent announcement about job cuts.

Callistemon Mon 17-Aug-20 23:41:01

After messages were exchanged the advisor asked if it was ok to phone me, which she did and could not have been more helpful.
That was after weeks of trying to deal with their Far East call centre where I could get no help at all.

annep1 Mon 17-Aug-20 23:41:01

conplaint!....I really must check my typing.

annep1 Mon 17-Aug-20 23:37:19

Encouraging to hear of two good responses.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 17-Aug-20 19:37:03

I emailed them with a problem last summer and the manager of local store emailed me asking for phone number which I reluctantly gave, within ten minutes he rang and the problem was rectified.

I do think that the knock on effect of Covid-19 is beginning?

EllanVannin Mon 17-Aug-20 19:30:10

Technology has created incompetence and bad tempers among other things. Nobody uses their nouse anymore.

EllanVannin Mon 17-Aug-20 19:25:25

Wasn't it better when everything was written down ? Properly.

Callistemon Mon 17-Aug-20 19:21:05

I did the same (I think via the website) and got a response from a very helpful supervisor in the UK.

annep1 Mon 17-Aug-20 19:17:18

I've sent an email conplaint. I won't hold my breath for an answer.

Callistemon Mon 17-Aug-20 16:57:03

I had terrible trouble with M&S when my credit card was compromised - I must have had the same advisers!

annep1 Mon 17-Aug-20 16:47:22

grin so it's not just me!

Marydoll Mon 17-Aug-20 16:25:54

I have just received an email from M&S to choose a delivery date for a piece of furniture.
The problem, they haven't given me any dates to choose from!

GrannyGravy13 Mon 17-Aug-20 15:59:02

I tried to use my M & S CC to purchase some school uniform online about an hour ago and my card would not go through, so had to use GrandpaGravy’s instead ???

Sounds like they have a problem

Greeneyedgirl Mon 17-Aug-20 15:37:11

When I rang my local M&S store to complain about something I got customer services in South Africa, so nothing surprises me!

crazyH Mon 17-Aug-20 15:35:04

??

Marydoll Mon 17-Aug-20 15:31:24

I think there is something wrong with their systems. I spent an hour yesterday, trying to pay my credit card bill.
I then spent two hours today, with my own bank, as I thought my debit card wasn't working.
It turned out the fault was with M&S bank!?

Grannybags Mon 17-Aug-20 15:25:31

Very helpful!

annep1 Mon 17-Aug-20 15:22:48

I tried to use a bonus voucher online yesterday. Two advisers and half an hour later I got this message. I thought it was quite funny but not actually very satisfactory.