Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(72 Posts)
12Michael Tue 25-Aug-20 06:11:55

Good Morning Everyone,
A dull and wet start here in Brackley this morning , I will pursue my usual routine today .
Buses to Buckingham and Bicester , but also some housework and hopefully get my haircut today .
A few coffees, whilst out and a snack .
Take Care ,
Mick

Marydoll Tue 25-Aug-20 20:48:07

Nfk only the writer of the PM does. I don't even know her, but she obviously thinks she know a lot about me!

To those lovely people who sent me PMs, thank you so much. I will reply, I promise.

Time to put this to bed now! Bless you all!

NfkDumpling Tue 25-Aug-20 20:17:37

Why would anyone be nasty to our Marydoll?

CherryCezzy Tue 25-Aug-20 19:51:43

Thank you Nortsat, only just seen it ☺️

Nortsat Tue 25-Aug-20 16:25:23

Popped back to send ?to Cherry following your bad night ... though you may not see my post, as it’s now so late in the day.

CherryCezzy Tue 25-Aug-20 15:59:37

Thank you Susan ☺️

Susan56 Tue 25-Aug-20 15:52:29

Cherry,sorry you had a bad night.Hope you are taking it easy today.Feel better soon?

Susan56 Tue 25-Aug-20 15:23:19

Marydoll,I am so sorry that you received such a vile,cowardly message?Anybody who reads and contributes to this thread knows how seriously you and your family took shielding to protect your health.Time and again on gransnet I am shocked at the vileness of some posters towards others but to attack you about your daughters perfect wedding is a low blow.

I hope that you can put the nastiness behind you.So many of us look forward to your posts and your kindness when any of us are struggling.

Stay strong,we’ve got your back??????

Stilllearning Tue 25-Aug-20 14:32:39

Very late today for a variety of reasons but just wanted to add my support to youMarydoll after your unpleasant experience yesterday. You were very kind when I joined this thread for the first time and I appreciated it. That message was someone else’s ‘stuff’, let it stay there, you are valued by so many-possibly the problem??

Taichinan Tue 25-Aug-20 13:17:31

Marydoll so sorry about your nasty pm yesterday. WHY do people feel they have a right to be unpleasant like that? I don't envy them their bitter and twisted lives. Oh, and I agree with you about masks below noses - I swear if I see another one I might be tempted to punch it! Hope you're feeling better today. ?

boat Tue 25-Aug-20 12:46:49

Greetings from North Warwickshire where it is temporarily slightly less soggy.

I am mainly a lurker but have called in to say I don't know why anyone would want to be nasty to Marydoll who is one of the nicest people on GN.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 25-Aug-20 12:26:45

Good Afternoon all from soggy wet Harrogate. I'm later this morning after accompanying DH on a hospital appointment because he is so thin. I have to admit my attempts at fattening him up ends up with ME putting on weight!! Then a coffee then a phone call from a school friend. Today have a lot of admin to get through and walking the dog. possible baking, who knows what I'll get done.
What a disturbing thing to happen Marydoll hope for better things today and tomorrow! And grandMattie hope your son will be home today and all problems are diminishing for all.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 25-Aug-20 12:11:44

I do hope Bellasnanna is ok, I think she was worried about her GD travelling across USA to spend the summer with her Dad.

If you are reading and not posting Bellasnanna you are missed ??

Feelingmyage55 Tue 25-Aug-20 11:37:45

Good morning from a cold, wet, and windy north of Scotland. There is a distinct chill in the air already. My sweet peas have been decimated overnight. However yesterday afternoon was sunny and I sat outside supposedly reading but also enjoying hearing all the youngsters outside larking about. Music to my ears. I am not going anywhere soon as this is a tourist hotspot and I am amazed at how blasé folks are. It is easier to stay at home than get my blood pressure up. It is so cold that I am knitting - a winter pastime. Off to make my coffe and heat a Danish pastry as a reward for spending two hours doing some challenging admin.
marydoll why just why? ? your posts are a real joy to read especially just now when there are many days that I don’t feel like posting. So many lovely contributors on this thread and I save it to read every day, quite late so that I see all the posts. Thank you to everyone who gives a bit of themselves on here.

Gelisajams Tue 25-Aug-20 11:16:27

Popped back on for a catch up. Just to send good wishes to Marydoll after your horrible experiences with the PM yesterday. I won’t send a PM about it in case receiving it triggers a touch of anxiety so sending you some ? here.?

EllanVannin Tue 25-Aug-20 11:14:20

I too mentioned that I hadn't seen Bellasnanna, last week. It's beyond 3 weeks now. I do hope she's alright.
Whether I dreamed it but had she mentioned coming to the UK, visiting ? Though it could well have been her friend after the death of the husband----can't just remember.

CherryCezzy Tue 25-Aug-20 11:12:53

Marydoll I have pm'd you x

Legs55 Tue 25-Aug-20 11:12:12

Good?? morning all from a very soggy, windy Devon. Heavy rain during the night & very windy morning. Stay at home day for me as car is in for MOT, I'm lucky as my mechanic (own garage) lives opposite me & takes my car instead of his own.

Another day phoning the Hospital to see how Mum is, now into 5th week (8 different wards in 2 Hospitals), trying to ensure she won't be sent home without a Care Package, she's 91 & very independent. I did speak to Physio yesterday who indicated Mum will be discharged to a Rehabilitation Ward. It's so frustrating as I can't visit, visiting hasn't been allowed since March except in exceptional circumstances. Also Mum is in Hospital in Blackburn, a 300 mile journey for me. DD & I are trying to sort her finances out & I will probably have to make the journey up there soon, at least I have somewhere to staygrin

Marydollflowers don't let some miserable old crone get to you, why do some people delight in being vicious & negative?

Stay safe all, glad I'm not travelling today, lots of trees down & possible flooding

Georgesgran Tue 25-Aug-20 10:52:37

Good morning from Durham, where I can only confirm Gillybob and Harrigran’s weather news. It’s horrible outside, but should say that it brightened up well yesterday. Don’t expect the same today - this looks set for the week!

I’ve not been on GN long - it’s a great site, but how awful that Marydoll should get a nasty PM - some people need to take a look at themselves first before they criticise others. Take no notice Marydoll - I look forward to your posts.

Safe day everyone! X

Bella51 Tue 25-Aug-20 10:48:22

Good morning from a very wet and windy co. Fermanagh. Is it ever going to stop raining.

ann678tifney Tue 25-Aug-20 10:25:12

Morning everyone from a very wet NE and very Windy. Didn't have a good night lat night, Husband not very well, eventually got to sleep about 1.00 then he was up again at around 2.30 and decided to sleep on his chair in the living room. I was then woken by my neighbours having a Karoake at 5 am, didn't stop until after 6, tried to message her but she didn't respond, think its time to contact council again as its really stressing my DH out. So it is going to be a very long day at work!!! Sorry to hear about your problems Marydoll, you just wonder about some people. Hope everyone else is keeping well.

lucyanne Tue 25-Aug-20 10:23:22

Good morning all, Marydoll sorry to hear about the nasty PM you received what makes people act like that? Being new to G.N. makes me reluctant to post. Pouring here in Cumbria already fire brigade busy as several houses flooded and a flood alert in place. Will be a day indoors for me crafting.
Keep dry and enjoy your day everyone.

CherryCezzy Tue 25-Aug-20 09:59:47

Good morning everyone. It lashed it down last night and it's still pretty windy this morning here in the Gower.

Dratted seizures kept me awy from posting yesterday and I had a dreadful night last night so I haven't read hardly any posts this morning.

I did, however, read your post when I was awake in the small hours Marydoll and am disgusted by the oblique snipe you received in a personal message ! Such uncalled for cruelty personified. A very dignified response from you on the other hand, a demonstration of your Grace; that capital is no mistake since I mean grace in the original sense.
Your DD's and now DSiL's wedding is what they wanted to do, the way they wanted to do it. It was an intimate, romantic and special day which you made possible for them ??

I hope your son is able to come home today grandMattie ?

Sorry I haven't read the messages from the rest of you, forgive me.

Be kind to each other and be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

Kalu Tue 25-Aug-20 09:55:21

Good morning all from a dreich day in Glasgow where it is bucketing down! Yesterday was full of sunshine, washing out, alfresco lunch, now this.

I had no idea until just now about a nasty PM you have received Marydoll. Whoever this coward was knew they would be slated had they posted such nastiness for all to see.

We had a tiler booked for this morning to renew the old shabby looking tiles at the porch entrance, front and steps at the back. No surprise it is cancelled until weather conditions are more obliging. ?‍♀️

Haven’t seen you posting for a while Bellasnana. Hope all is well with you ?

Best wishes to all for a good day.

EllanVannin Tue 25-Aug-20 09:44:48

Good Morning All x
It's well to see we're heading into winter ! It's been atrocious for a good part of the night as I woke up at 05.00 hearing the rain lashing down and hitting the windows like pebbles.
By the time these winds have finished there'll be no leaves left to turn golden---no trees left either. My poor oleanders which have been in full flower lately, will be no more--I haven't looked yet sad

Phoned D yesterday, who was in a hurry shopping for school uniforms some of which the children had outgrown in 6 months ! Anyway their visit to Durham didn't start as planned first thing Saturday. She rang for a taxi to take them to Lime st station---no taxi arrived so she set to, checked the fuel in her car etc,. bundled the 3 children in and set off on their 3 hour journey----with 4 wasted return train tickets .

However they got there in one piece but if I'd known this on Saturday, I'd have been a crumbling wreck with worry over the weekend. I can do without shocks like that, though she enjoys driving and it's a big powerful car, it still remains a worry. Apparently it was a Godsend because the Travel-lodge would have been much further from the station this time.

I have to now brace myself for future car journey's there shock At least the children cleaned and hoovered inside the car after wrappers and crumbs adorned the inside. D was seemingly pleased at having half a tank of diesel left, saying that it only cost around £40 for nearly 300 miles ( round trip )

How awful to receive nastiness Marydoll. There must be one tetchy old hag somewhere----rise above it girl x

I need to replenish the cat food so will venture out later and hope to remain upright grin I'll make do with bacon, egg, sausage and fried toms today, already in the fridge.
Beyond the local shop, I'll be staying put.

Glad I got my electric bill sorted. A bit of a difference between £130 and £59 ! I don't like being diddled.

Thoughts to all who aren't too clever and also to our absent grans x flowers

Take care in these winds and stay safe.xx

ShazzaKanazza Tue 25-Aug-20 09:42:36

Good morning all and it’s a definate day in with my special needs GS.
Made him a cosy blanket den where he can go and relax during the day. The garden is looking super green to look out onto. Enjoy your day everyone x