Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Tue 25-Aug-20 06:11:55

Good Morning Everyone,
A dull and wet start here in Brackley this morning , I will pursue my usual routine today .
Buses to Buckingham and Bicester , but also some housework and hopefully get my haircut today .
A few coffees, whilst out and a snack .
Take Care ,
Mick

Oopsadaisy4 Tue 25-Aug-20 06:20:40

Good morning Mick, gosh it’s early! The rain beating on the window woke me up at 5am here in Oxfordshire.
Bathroom shopping today, so armed with measurements and hopefully another empty showroom, we might be able to come to a decision, contact our fitter and actually get a date to fit it this side of Christmas (I’m not joking, everyone is fully booked) apart from that an easy day out of the rain
Enjoy your day, keep dry and safe.

grandMattie Tue 25-Aug-20 06:22:52

Good morning from a damp, grey E Kent. Rain! Yay!!! Not much though, but we are promised loads of wind.
Having my feet done this morning, supermarket to shop and stash (still) at some stage today.
DS2 has been moved to a “proper” Ward last night, hoping for scans and discharge today. He is anxious about work, and gets clinically depressed which is why I’m so worried. Fortunately he seems not too bad. ?
Thank you again for all good wishes. Just read a book call “cutting for stone” by Abraham Vergese, an Ethiopian born Indian. Very medical but fascinating book.
Hope you all have a good day, be gentle with yourselves, don’t overdo things... stay safe

Sar53 Tue 25-Aug-20 06:30:32

Good morning from a very wet Essex by the sea. It does look miserable out there, the sea grey and choppy.
Housework, ironing and admin today. DH will be sent for provisions from the supermarket.
I need to pop to the local chemist to pick up some medication. I don't think we will be venturing very far after that.
It looks like Autumn is beginning.
I hope all of you with worries start to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Enjoy Tuesday wherever you are and stay safe xx

farview Tue 25-Aug-20 06:38:30

Good morning all from Lancashire where its absolutely pelting with rain..
Shopping to do and then? No idea.. can think of lots of things that I 'could' do around the house....but nothing that I actually 'want' to do !!
..stay safe everyone...?

Pantglas2 Tue 25-Aug-20 06:50:38

Morning everyone from a cooler start in Spain- a noticeable drop and quite welcome!

Glad to hear your son is getting better GrandMattie and hope he can put worries of work aside for a while, easier said than done isn’t it! ?

A close second at the quiz last night, so we are improving but I suspect the winners were just having an off day!

We’re off to try crown green bowls this evening but if my attempts at skittles is anything to go by, it won’t end well?

Beechnut Tue 25-Aug-20 06:51:22

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is pouring with rain and much cooler. It’s getting to the stage where I guess the time when I wake up before looking at the clock.

I hope you are able to have your son back home today grandMattie.

It’s a homework day for me and I need to go to the shop at some point today for something I forgot yesterday.

Let’s hope everything goes well for you all today and stay safe....and dry if you need to go out ☔️ ?

Beechnut Tue 25-Aug-20 07:00:41

I’ve just got back into bed after making a second cuppa and as I pulled the quilt back over me I got startled by a huge moth flying off ?

Taichinan Tue 25-Aug-20 07:01:55

Good morning from a grey Angus coast. This is a really early start for me! After all the excitement of Sunday, meeting DD's New Man and three hours of cross country driving on narrow country roads, I was good for nothing yesterday. So it's up and at 'em this morning before the tai chi committee meeting at 10.30. No plans for anything else except battening down the hatches against the wind and rain forecast for later here (which you have already down south) The winter storms are certainly earlier this year. GrandMattie that's a step in the right direction for your son so I hope his return home is imminent. Enjoy your trips today Mick and I hope you keep ahead of the rain and wind. Everyone stay safe, cosy and dry ???

grandMattie Tue 25-Aug-20 07:18:40

I hope your bowls go well, Pant. My eyesight is rubbish and once D.C. when little realised I wasn’t being modest, stopped asking me to play any ball game whatsoever! ?

Susan56 Tue 25-Aug-20 07:26:22

Good morning from Shropshire where we have heavy rain.

We are going out for a late breakfast then my day is like grandMattie’s with a podiatry appointment and then a supermarket shop.

Day one of the great garage clear out turned into a shed clear out as DH wanted to make room in the shed for stuff from the garage?The shed is now clear and one car load to the tip so progress of sorts.We found the girls school PE bags,tennis racquets and hockey sticks and a huge box of stickle bricks which the grandchildren will enjoy.

Glad your DS is making progress grandMattie and hope he is discharged today.My younger DD and her husband always worry about missing work if ever they are unwell too.Good your DS seems to be coping though.

Hope Mr Grammaretto had a good night.Sending good wishes to all with illness and worries?

Have a good day all.

brook2704 Tue 25-Aug-20 07:28:33

Good morning everyone from Cambridge where its wet and windy. I think it’s set in for most of the day so I’ll be playing indoors with DGS this morning and will see what the weather is like later. Yesterday we spent a lovely day at the NT property - even though the adventure playground was closed it didn’t matter
Hope your DS gets home today grandmattie ?
Stay safe everyone whatever the day brings ?

kittylester Tue 25-Aug-20 07:40:01

Morning all from a North Leicestershire where it is grey and wet as it is in our hall.

First job - ring the roof man!

We were supposed to be going out for lunch with DS1 today in town but the bar we are going to is a very long way from the car parks and DS walks very slowly.

I hope marydoll is feeling better today and buoyed by the support she has on here.

Kind thoughts to everyone.

cornergran Tue 25-Aug-20 07:41:08

Morning Mick, morning All. Goodness it’s windy and oh so wet in our corner of Somerset. Feel so sorry for people here on holiday. Hope your son is able to be discharged grandmattie. Take care everyone, stay safe.

Grandmabatty Tue 25-Aug-20 07:45:04

Good morning All. Like others, it's very wet in Polmont. No as ign of the wind yet. I expect today will also be a playing inside day for me and dgs. Yesterday I managed to take him to a park as it was a nice afternoon. What a beautiful park in my area! Really big, lots of grass, benches and big, gorgeous trees. The children's area was fenced off and dog free so I could let him wander a bit. The swings were approved as was the chute and mini climbing wall. My heart was in my mouth as he's none too steady yet and very adventurous. I'm having a resurgence of neck pain which I think is made worse by lifting him up. Painkillers it is today. I hope everyone has a good day,regardless of the awful weather.

Jaxjacky Tue 25-Aug-20 07:45:28

Good morning all, wet here too, off to the farm shop for veg in a few minutes, this afternoon I have a video call with Wren kitchens. Had a blight warning email earlier, so hoping tomatoes survive. Bit down today (posted under Health) but others have worse.

Have as good a day as you can all.

NfkDumpling Tue 25-Aug-20 07:49:24

Morning All

Raining in the north of Norfolk. Much needed, but its arrived rather sooner than expected. We had intended to go into Norwich to shop this morning, a twice a year experience, but may just put our jaunt off! Its 'orrble out there.

aggie Tue 25-Aug-20 07:54:21

Good morning all from a very stormy Co Armagh , the wind always makes me feel uneasy! I daren't open the Patio doors or I’ll never get them closed again

Gingster Tue 25-Aug-20 07:58:27

Good morning all. It’s windy, wet and grey here on the Suffolk coast. Poor people In tents and caravans . Not much fun in this weather! Looking out to sea, there is no horizon. Grey sea and grey sky merging into one. There’s a container ship going along and it looks like it’s sailing in the sky. Very weird.

We’ve had a cruise ship anchored off in the distance here for a few days. Queen Victoria I think. It’s so sad to see these liners wandering the seas as there isn’t room for them all in dock. People are even having sightseeing boat trips to sail around them .

Yesterday we went to a small nursery to get a few plants for my tubs and window box. We were the only ones there and they had hardly any stock. We got a few tiny pansies and a few cyclamen. In between seasons , I suppose! It brought a bit of colour though.

Thoughts go to ‘Marydoll’ . Hope you’re progressing.
grandMattie s Son And gillybob for a better day.

Indoor persuits today. Getting ready for visitors on Thursday. Hope the weather improves ?. Have a cosy day all. ?

Gingster Tue 25-Aug-20 08:03:20

Sorry. Spelt pursuits wrong. Didn’t think it looked right!

GrannyGravy13 Tue 25-Aug-20 08:07:31

Good morning Mick and all

Rain, strong winds and grey here in S E Essex, DD her partner and C are driving to Devon I shall be worried until I get the message they have arrived.

I had a pedicure and manicure yesterday so my paws are all pretty ???

Ironing, washing and tidying today then hopefully finish my book.

grandmattie wishing your son a speedy recovery.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Elizabeth1 Tue 25-Aug-20 08:13:53

Good morning everyone. That’s been the best sleep I’ve had in such a long time it’s rather dreich here on the east coast of Fife. I would still be sound asleep if left to my own devices. Mustn’t grumble though I’ve a nice cup of tea at the ready and looking forward to seeing two old friends today. It’s going to be a good day smile

MellowYellow Tue 25-Aug-20 08:17:37

Morning everyone from a blustery, wet south Cornwall. Poor holidaymakers in this weather, they look so dejected. But I love this weather, brings me alive. May head for the north coast if I can get my hips in gear. ? Have a peaceful day wherever possible.

Auntieflo Tue 25-Aug-20 08:21:45

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
It was wet outside, when I opened the curtains, but by the time DH had brought me my cuppa, it was pelting down.
Glad I had quite a productive morning in the garden yesterday.
Just caught up with all the horrors that Marydoll , of all people, has had to contend with recently, and just can't believe the nastiness of a GN'etter.

I am off volunteering this afternoon, lovely.
Haircut tomorrow morning, then DS2 and family are coming to visit, so must make sure there is somethng to feed them with.
To all those struggling, I send {{{hugs}}.
I was myself for a good while, but am beginning to feel more like my old self.

Have a good day one and all, even though it be wet and windy.

Pittcity Tue 25-Aug-20 08:26:53

Good morning from rainy Colchester. Hoping it clears as we had outdoor plans with DGS.