Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Chewsday

(8 Posts)
Jane10 Tue 25-Aug-20 20:20:00

Callistemon it was an M&S raincoat but its about 10 years old now. Its been through the washing machine a few times so I suppose any 'rainproof' coating has been removed. My fault. I wore it because it had a hood and I couldn't be bothered to take a brolly. All dry and cosy now. It's very dark. Winter draw(er)s on!

Callistemon Tue 25-Aug-20 18:06:48

It's very windy here - in fact it is quite scary! We've had a couple of downpours and another one at the moment. There were pictures of tents blown around and losing their moorings in N Somerset on the news.

A 'raincoat' that's not rainproof is pretty disappointing!
I bought one of those last year from M&S. Unfortunately, because I'd lost the receipt they would only give me back the amount it had been reduced to in the sale.
So, instead of £26 I got a £2.60 voucher - enough for a coffee in their café.
I've hardly been in there since.

Bluebellwould Tue 25-Aug-20 17:22:41

I’m afraid the rain is my fault! My son has just finished building me a wonderful catio so my two cats can go outside after 10 months stuck in house. I’ve enjoyed sitting outside with them for breakfast and dinner. They’ve stretched out in the sun and run in when it was windy. Now, of course, it’s poured for two days. I will keep them in now so we should get blinding sun ?

Jane10 Tue 25-Aug-20 17:18:32

Rufus2 I'm very happy with the temperature today and its not windy so that's OK but the relentless teeming rain isn't great. I was so soaked through I had to change into different clothes when I got home. A 'raincoat' that's not rainproof is pretty disappointing!

Grandmabatty Tue 25-Aug-20 16:51:45

Same as Jane10 the weather today has been relentless rain and wind. It's more like winter than late summer. Dgs was very hard work today, perhaps because of the weather, perhaps because he could be sickening for something as normally he's a sunny wee individual. So I'm having a rest before I tidy away grandma's nursery. Take care

Rufus2 Tue 25-Aug-20 15:54:55

Date set for wisdom tooth extraction
If his technique is to have his receptionist place a tourniquet round your forehead. whilst he plants one foot on your chest then I'd agree he's a bit gung-ho!
Not exactly the getting of wisdom. grin
Btw; isn't that your kind of weather?
Good Luck

Jane10 Tue 25-Aug-20 15:28:31

Weather is awful here Rufus2. Relentless rain lashing down. Just got soaked through on way to and from the dentist. Not my ideal afternoon.
Date set for wisdom tooth extraction. Groan. Really dreading it already. Dentist is a nice young man but a bit gung ho. He says it's all a question of technique! Hmmmm.
Off for a nice cup of tea and a warm up.

Rufus2 Tue 25-Aug-20 15:12:46

Here we go again! Must be careful not to cough at a critical moment for fear of wiping out this message. Although, I must say the rescue of last evening’s message was a very pleasant surprise.
The VIC Premier’s remarks about a 12 month extension of Corvid restrictions is now a heated political debate. This involves a change that requires Parliamentary approval which will be along party lines with the Independents becoming key players. So what’s new!?
Case numbers are sticking just less than 200; 4 deaths yesterday!
Weather still cold, but actually had some sunny breaks this morning, about 12C max., but wait for it, 21C on Saturday! Will have to dig out the old budgies; buying new ones could be a poor investment!

Talking about “birds” again; the famous “Penguin Parade” will be featured on the ‘Net from Phillip Island VIC. from to-day for an indefinite period. It will be accessible daily for 30 mins from 9.00am BST on YouTube and Facebook. This “was” a prime tourist attraction, especially for Japanese tourists, but could be uncomfortable real-time viewing involving a one and half hour coach trip from Melbourne arriving at dusk when the little fellers return to their burrows and sometimes, chicks after a day’s fishing. Their return could be spread over an hour and being at the sea’s edge could become very chilly. Hotel tourists usually arrive with hotel blankets! So why not take advantage of modern technology and view the show from the comfort of your own home.? A paper bag of hot chips would enhance the experience! Toilets shouldn’t be a problem either! hmm

Still talking “birds!” TV News reported that one was jailed for 6 months for “flouting” Covid regs by hiding in the boot of a car being transported across a West Australia. border. She was 20+ apparently and obviously “thicker” than a penguin.! confused

365 returnees, spending their 14 day quarantine in a central Sydney hotel had to be moved out because it didn’t comply with quarantine requirements. They were dispersed to other accommodation. That would have been a very unpopular move in Melbourne, given our weather. I reckon staying indoors “home alone” is not a bad choice, all things considered.

Good Health Everyone; wine wine wine
OoRoo