Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(74 Posts)
12Michael Thu 27-Aug-20 06:16:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but grey here in Brackley this morning.
When I did my early shop yesterday , I saw a promotion poster in the supermarket for autumn .
Today, some housework before I venture out on the buses, it looks like normality will return next week with buses reverting back to normal schedules, with schools going back.
I shall watch the team presentation for the Tour de France later which starts in Nice.
The whole cycle sport season is all out of order and has been squeezed into a 4 moth slot .
Take Care ,
Mick

Grandmabatty Thu 27-Aug-20 07:55:40

Good morning All from a grey Polmont, yet again. Happy birthday Urmston I hope you have a lovely day. scentia your poor dog. Its awful when our pets hurt, isn't it? pantglas are you going to tell us about your sumptuous meal? I'm having an extra morning babysitting to help out but I'm going to dd house and then home once he goes down for a nap. ? I have no other plans. Yesterday I visited mum and she was reasonably pleasant. She has lost every filter she once had! Then I had a WhatsApp chat with friends in the afternoon. I'm fighting a war in the kitchen against fruit flies. I seem to be winning this morning but I had to throw out a lovely plant where they were congregating en masse. I'm not sure what I'll do this afternoon. I had a very unsettled night, waking every hour or so. Anyway, off for second coffee then out to baby wrangle.

Grandmabatty Thu 27-Aug-20 08:01:59

I missed your post about your son, grandmattie. You must be glad he's home and has an inkling of what's been wrong.

NanKate Thu 27-Aug-20 08:02:01

Morning Mick and All.

A pleasant morning (then rain) here in West Berkshire where we are having a lovely few days break. We are staying in an idyllic small cabin in someone’s garden. It looks like a scene from The Wind in the Willows. Yesterday in Marlborough I bought in the sale a lovely blue short jacket at Seasalt and a top and matching leggings at Land’s End, and a fab floating top in a charity shop. What a little devil I am !

Happy Birthday Urmston ?Enjoy your day.

So pleased your boy is out of hospital grandMattie you must be relieved.

Bellasnana who has been missing for a while sends her love. She hopes to return but at present she is supporting her very close friend who is slowly fading away, it is all very sad. ?

Enjoy the cycling Mick.

Nortsat Thu 27-Aug-20 08:05:03

Good morning Mick and the GM team, on a slightly grey morning in east London.

Urmstongran Happy Birthday to you,
Squashed tomatoes and poo,
Bread and butter in the gutter,
Happy Birthday to you. ?
( Only kidding, no poo on your birthday) ?

Glad to hear your son is home Grandmattie
Mellow have a lovely day with your DGS ... 600 ? magnets?

I have got one of those 24 hour BP monitors on my arm, which measures my BP every hour. It bleeps and clicks and buzzes every hour, so I shall be glad to take it off at 8.00am. Then I have to return it to the Medical Centre (in a busy part of London) by 9.30, so it can be sanitised, for the next user.

An easy day for us today. I will make a Chicken Bhuna for supper.

Thinking of Dragonfly and Bluesapphire, hope the gangsters all had a comfortable night. Have a good day all and especially those facing challenges. ?

Oopsadaisy4 Thu 27-Aug-20 08:05:18

Scentia I was sure that you had already gone down the Apoquel route when you said about the cost of the pills! But I felt I had to throw my four pennorth in , just in case.

Lins1066 Thu 27-Aug-20 08:08:24

Good Morning Mick and all from a cloudy S Welsh coast.
An online delivery this afternoon and some baking on the cards for today.
Many happy returns Urmston.
Sorry to hear about your little dog Scentia, it is awful to see our pets suffering, hope something can be done.
Have a good day and stay safe.

gillybob Thu 27-Aug-20 08:09:48

Good morning from the NE coast where we have yet another miserable day with more torrential rain forecast for later . We have had Autumn/Winter since Spring Mick as Summer missed our region entirely this year . We have had the heating on for the last week . ☃️

One of the lads picked me up for work in the van yesterday as my car was in the garage and I was joined in the office once again by my 10 year old grandson . I feel sorry for him having to sit in “that place” with me but there’s no other choice with his parents both working clashing shifts . We had a bit of a desk picnic at lunch time which was nice and I collected my car from the garage at 5pm, then took him for the final trials with a new football team where my son (his dad) met us . I was absolutely froze to the bones standing watching but was rewarded with a huge thumbs up ? from the team manager who wants him in the team, so it was all worth it . He will sign next week . Happy days .

One of our lads has been working part time /part furlough since the beginning of July and I asked him to come back full time from next week and he’s none too pleased. He’s been enjoying 90% wages for half his hours (what’s not to love) and I think he feels badly done to having to work full time for full pay. I was quite annoyed actually considering my other lads and me have been working almost flat out the entire time . Did I ever say I hated being in business ? Hated employing people ? Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy .

Today I will be split about 5 ways with work, my grandson, my husband, dads shopping (that I should’ve done yesterday) and later little Evie Buttons (overnight) . I’m exhausted thinking about it .
Anyway that’s my excitement grin

Thinking about our missing friends dragonfly BlueSapphire and Bellasnana and all those feeling under the weather too.

I hope Thursday is kind to us all. Have a wonderful Birthday in the sunshine Urms flowers wine smile

Love Gillybob xx

Marydoll Thu 27-Aug-20 08:12:59

Good morning all from a very wet and grey Glasgow.
Urmstongran, feliz cumpleaños! ????. I hope you have a lovely day. Is this not the day you get your state pension? You won't know what to do with all that money.wink
grandmattie, I'm pleased to hear your son is home and hopefully starts to improve, especially as I'm sure you will spoil him.?

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth yesterday, I managed to transfer the hundreds of elusive wedding photos from my son's One Drive to my own. So glad I haven't lost my magic touch and the multiple photo frame is looking good.
My husband was highly amused at my dogged determination to do it! He wasn't so amused, when I forgot the time and dinner was very late! wink

We are off out early while it's quiet to the bank. It's always so busy, but we haven't been since February and needs must.
Lunch is planned in one of our favourite haunts, as we have gift vouchers left from Christmas. It has been fully booked, Monday to Wednesday for weeks, due to the Government's eat out offer, so it should be pretty quiet today.
The best part is that I will have a night off cooking. grin

Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

harrigran Thu 27-Aug-20 08:16:32

Good morning from an overcast and damp NE.
Road workers have but tarmac down in the street and departed, can't believe that it is finished though as it is so rough looking,
Rescheduled hair appointment after lunch if she can get her car up the street.
Happy birthday Urmston, I think we will take it as a given that you will have sunshine

Rufus2 Thu 27-Aug-20 08:18:34

Megs Your Big Day has arrived! smile
Congratulations to you both on your Diamond Anniversary and now you set sail for your Blue Sapphire!
I haven't cracked open that quality Shiraz yet! It's only just gone 5.00pm, but it will definitely be open at dinner-time for the Royal toast! Have a great day! grin
Good Health
OoRoo

Susan56 Thu 27-Aug-20 08:27:37

Thank you for updating us on Bellasnanna NanKate.So sad about her friend?

Urmstongran Thu 27-Aug-20 08:32:29

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ?

Yes, it’s my birthday today folks (thanks for the shout out Beechnut - how lovely that you remembered - it must be the chat a couple of months back about us both getting our state pensions as WASPIs) and apparently I share it with the actor Miss Suranne Jones.

Just been opening my birthday cards on the balcony. Our youngest sent a family card with drawings from the grandchildren inside - too cute - addressed to ‘Abuela M...’ (grandmother). Love it that it came through the postal system like that!

Himself has just asked would I like to go out for lunch or dinner? He made me laugh by opening his wallet and saying ‘c’mon I’ve got €15 in here let’s push the boat out’!
??

Glad to hear your son is home grandMattie.

Hope Thursday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Urmstongran Thu 27-Aug-20 08:39:19

Erm... to clarify - I share the DAY with Suranne Jones, not my state pension ‼️
????????

Gelisajams Thu 27-Aug-20 08:39:19

Good morning from a dull Morecambe Bay. We discussed going for a walk but some how haven’t moved. DH has just brewed up again. If we are home our kettle is never cold.
Not sure what today has in store but wishing everyone a good day, especially those with problems and difficulties.
Happy Birthday Urmston, enjoy your day and the sun.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

farview Thu 27-Aug-20 08:44:39

Happy Birthday Urmston enjoy your day ??

MawB2 Thu 27-Aug-20 08:47:59

Good morning all and a Happy Birthday ?? to Urmstongran.
Is it RIP summer? Going into my bathroom I thought I must have left the heated towel rail (which has the option of an electric switch when the CH isn’t running) switched on after yesterday’s shower, but found it was because the heating had clicked in overnight! Still some “summer” engagements planned such as lunch in friends’ gardens and DGD’s 6th birthday lunch on Sunday - so I shall be keeping my fingers crossed.
I do feel for you Scentia - I hate seeing a poorly pet, don't you have pet insurance? PetPlan refunded me £2000 after Hattie’s recent illness.
Wishing you all peace in your hearts and a pleasant day.

Anniebach Thu 27-Aug-20 09:05:46

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Jaxjacky Thu 27-Aug-20 09:11:17

Oh, how could I forget! I have a chiminea being delivered today! Figured it’s going to be garden visits for a while, so organised some heat, finding one was a challenge, I think everyone had the same idea, so, I can indulge my inner pyromania on Sunday when friends come for bbq.

GrannySomerset Thu 27-Aug-20 09:37:37

U3A book group on Zoom this morning. Have finally bought a proper stand for the iPad after several months of propping it up on cookery books with limited success. Should be a better experience all round. Then need to deliver a diamond wedding anniversary card to friends in the village and do something with a glut of tomatoes - making passata for the freezer I think - lovely to cook with in the depths of winter.

It isn’t exactly autumn yet in North Somerset, but certainly not summer. What’s the betting we have lovely weather once the children are all back at school?

grandMattie Thu 27-Aug-20 09:40:48

Gosh, poor all of you. It’s still really warm, here . I’m dripping after our morning constitutional.
DS has just texted to say he’s feeling $1m. So relieved.

Issipy Thu 27-Aug-20 09:47:40

My Thursday is waiting for a call from the hospital with the result of my MRI to see if my tumour has grown, or stayed asleep! The call is scheduled between 11am and 2pm.....must remember to go to the loo before 11!!

grandMattie Thu 27-Aug-20 09:49:34

Good luck, Issypy.

Megs36 Thu 27-Aug-20 09:52:11

Good morning,
Today is our Diamond WeddingAnniversary, after our family picnic celebration on Sunday, mentioned before, which was lovely, no plans for today,except socially distanced fish and chips later with friends, and maybe ?. Who’d have thought 60 years ago we’d be so old!!

EllanVannin Thu 27-Aug-20 09:53:07

Good Morning All x.
A Very Happy Birthday to Urmston x wineflowerswinewine. Don't spend all that money in the same shop gringrin.

Cold dark and miserable here this morning. Jumper at the ready. Have to put the light on at 8pm now sad I feel as though the year hasn't started, never mind about ending.

Not sure what's in store today but I know it's going to be a long weekend and I miss another GGC's Birthday on Sunday, the youngest who'll be 4. Next one is November when I'll have missed the lot ! Imagine not seeing your GGC all year. Because they all go to school my D hasn't allowed it.

What a misery today ! I haven't finished yet. Talking about poorly pooches, my D's dog, the size of a miniature horse ( Pyrenean/ Newfoundland ) has a tumour on or near its behind and the vet isn't sure whether it's a nasty or not but the cost to remove it is £800 and he's uncertain what to do right now. The dog is 12 years old but still appears okay.

Blimey, there's no end to it this year. These things are more noticeable when you're not on the go with normal life.

Thinking of Bellasnanna and her poor friend.It's been a sad year for her too.
Hope your DS takes things easy GrandMattie before throwing himself into his work although he'll start to feel better once home---as you do from hospital.

Gillybob just leaves me feeling worn out reading about her life which again has been under a strain for a year.x

I think most of us have suffered with one thing and another this year.I'll be glad to see the back of it as will many. Roll on Spring grin.

It's a sausage and mash day today so that'll keep the wolf from the door.

Enjoy the day those of you who can and my thoughts to those who can't x. Hope things pick up for you.
Keep on staying safe everyone.

Scentia Thu 27-Aug-20 10:03:24

MawB2 I don't have pet insurance as I cancelled it a few years ago as she has so many ailments they were not covering more than they were covering and wanted an increase in premiums. They would no longer cover the allergies now as they usually have a limit for 12months then they say as you renew that they won't cover that thing anymore, we used to be very well off and it never bothered me to be honest but when you are not so affluent you have to make choices and I need to make a choice soon. My best friend sent me a message this morning basically saying if I loved my dog I would pay out anything, well if only I had an endless pot of money like she does!! Hey Ho, I will see how she gets on with this latest round of shampoos and tablets and go from there. Thankyou for your comments though.