Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(53 Posts)
12Michael Sat 29-Aug-20 06:17:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but a dry start ,and has been chilly during the night , signs of changes to the seasons .
Today , my usual bus trip to Buckingham and then onto Bicester , returning to Buckingham hopefully a flea market in full swing.
And then return home to watch the first stage of the belated Tour De France ,again an event normally held in July .
May have a Chinese take Away later .
Take care,
Mick

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 29-Aug-20 12:59:25

Brilliant picture, Jax. Remember the excitement when the TDF came to Yorkshire?

Jaxjacky Sat 29-Aug-20 12:50:25

Grandmafrench

Mapleleaf Sat 29-Aug-20 12:33:56

Good afternoon,

Late again, but after a slight lie in I've been busy sorting upstairs out and doing some laundry. Now having a coffee break so thought I would come on and post.

It's very blustery today and rather chilly, but at least it's dry after yesterday's almost non-stop rain.

Not sure what my plans for this afternoon are, but I suspect not a lot! ?

Take care everyone ?.

baubles Sat 29-Aug-20 12:03:57

Beautiful, bright, sunny, but decidedly cool morning here in Lanarkshire. Quiet day ahead, nothing more strenuous than a march around the fields with the dog.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 29-Aug-20 11:59:57

Good morning from a chilly north of Scotland where we have had a lovely rainbow to brighten up how dreich it is. I need to prepare for family wanting to come (from a hotspot in the UK) to stay in the annex. I am trying to politely discourage them to no avail. However I have organised a huge food delivery to at least discourage them from shopping locally in case they bring the virus with them. Sigh. I’d love to see them and the company but ... maybe in a few weeks. Strange not to be elated about their visit. I have a very good book to start, saved for a rainy day and I will be watching the Tour de France. I’d encourage those who are not interested to pop in and look at the highlights as the aerial filming of the landscape is quite wonderful. Have the best day you can.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 29-Aug-20 11:51:54

I'll just sneak in a late good morning to all from a coolish South Notts. A lazy day here. I'm not feeling very motivated although there are loads of little jobs which need attention. I must get off my lazy backside and at least tackle one of them.

Have a good day, everyone, especially those who are suffering illness or worries.

Gingster Sat 29-Aug-20 11:45:14

A belated good morning from a mixed Suffolk coast.

Visitors all gone and none due for the time being. We’re shattered! Weather wasn’t kind to us and we had bar b q cooked in the oven and sat in the summerhouse. After all the months of sunshine, we had run out of luck. We had fun anyway.

One of our guests goes shooting and brought us partridges. He showed us how to fillet them and prepare the meat for a stir fry, which we will have tonight. We have so much food left over. We always overshop I will freeze some and make puds/cakes with the rest.

We walked yesterday to Snape malting which was very busy. Had a coffe and walked back to the car. About 2 miles. The storm decided to start just as we set out. Little pooch was scared so I ended up carrying her. DH had her lead and the car keys and suddenly he wasn’t behind us. (Popped in the bushes for a comfort stop). We waited under a tree with thunder and lightning overhead. Not sensible! Oh well we survived! ??.

Happy bank holiday to all ?

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 29-Aug-20 11:16:47

Good Morning all from a drab Harrogate (oops see a little sunshine!). Yesterday had a visit from my little GS. He does have a speech problem so life can be a little frustrating for him, however he did decide I needed a few cuddles which I cannot refuse!!
I am so glad your DS is making progress grandMattie. Also pleased you had a good day yesterday, Marydoll, sorry it took so much out of you, though - complete rest today.
Hope everyone is in good spirits today

GrannyGravy13 Sat 29-Aug-20 11:08:22

grandMattie if I remember correctly your early years were spent bin our next holiday destination (whenever it’s flipping safe to fly, I am the hesitant one DH would be off in a heartbeat) ???

GrannyGravy13 Sat 29-Aug-20 11:05:44

So much for a quieter day......DD and the 8 month old have arrived complete with the families holiday washing (They have been in Devon, avoiding the crowds was easy apparently) ??

Urmstongran Sat 29-Aug-20 11:03:12

I ❤️ the scarecrow too!

grandMattie Sat 29-Aug-20 10:31:12

Grandmafrench, No offence taken. If you heard me speak, you’d know immediately!

Grandmafrench Sat 29-Aug-20 10:29:03

Fabulous, NannyT, and very topical - although I did think at first glance that you were in your garden looking a bit ruff !!

GrandMattie - I'm so sorry I threw in the pronunciation without much thought, since I well remember your history, honestly!! (I would normally be asking you for tips.) I'm afraid it's a bad habit I've adopted from being here and hoping people will want to get it right!! (They so often don't care enough.)

I have taken a clip from a video I took of the T de F coming past our gates. I felt quite brave - it was a bit intimidating. Bet you miss the pretty houses in the Dordogne, Jackyjax

Wonderful if you get a glimpse of Ruby-Lou, Ellan - fingers crossed, eh? x

No, that image won't post. Sorry. I might try later when someone slightly more computer literate gets home!.

EllanVannin Sat 29-Aug-20 10:10:08

Love the scarecrow !

GrannyGravy13 Sat 29-Aug-20 10:09:43

Good morning Mick and all

It’s trying to brighten up here in S E Essex, still breezy ?

Enjoy the TDF Mick ?‍♀️

Will amble down the road soon to local butchers, DD and GS coming for lunch tomorrow so will need a large chicken (it’s her favourite roast).

Absolutely nothing planned for the rest of the day, must think of something for dinner though!

Thinking of all our absentee Good Morning pals ???

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

NannyJan53 Sat 29-Aug-20 10:06:04

Good morning from a bright but windy Black Country

We are off later to Church Stretton and a walk along Cardingmill Valley, with partners daughter.

Wishing you all a good weekend

CherryCezzy Sat 29-Aug-20 09:54:57

Nannytopsy, at first glance before I enlarged your photo I thought your scarecrow was someone sitting on a wall ?. It's brilliant ?

CherryCezzy Sat 29-Aug-20 09:51:11

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's cool but the sky is blue here in Gower today.

Thanks Susan I'm okay ☺️

We had a lovely day and a half with my niece1 and her husband. First time since, ooh let me think, some distant memory of last year that I think that we've had anyone stay.

Nothing much planned for today, though I must catch up with the young woman I've been helping. I haven't heard from her all week which is very unusual. I hope no news is good news ?

Grammaretto, your neighbours will have to get a land survey. They're on a losing battle methinks ?. Pleased to hear you've got a roofer and plasterer to carry out your needed repairs.

Take care all, especially those who, either themselves or family members, are struggling with health issues and awaiting treatment or are experiencing other trials and tribulations in their lives.

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

grannysyb Sat 29-Aug-20 09:50:45

Grey here, woke up very late and have just finished breakfast! As it's fine I'm going to tackle the front garden, quite a lot of cutting back needed. Also need to do a pile of ironing, and pay some bills, I know how to enjoy myself! Have a good day everyone.

grandMattie Sat 29-Aug-20 09:47:43

Thanks, Grandmafrench, for tutorial on how to pronounce “Millau”. I want to scream when I hear “Mill Ow”.
Btw French is my first language, although I was brought up bilingual

gillybob Sat 29-Aug-20 09:44:52

Good morning from the North East coast where we have another day the same as the last ........(wet, grey and miserable ).

Thinking about our missing friends and those feeling poorly or under the weather and hoping they will be back with us very soon.

Love your scarecrow Nannytopsy he reminds me of someone hmm

I hope everyone has as good a Saturday as possible .

Love Gillybob xx

Nannytopsy Sat 29-Aug-20 09:38:59

He’s no great beauty but at least I joined in!

Kalu Sat 29-Aug-20 09:33:21

Good morning all from sunny start to the day in Glasgow. I have been a busy bee this morning, towels wash and hanging in the sunshine although sadly not warm enough to have my kick start espresso al fresco, maybe later. ?

DH bought me a hedge trimmer at the beginning of lockdown, ^he really knows how to spoil me^? so I plan to tidy and shape the magnolia and white pieris shrubs. That should keep me busy for the day. He has also mentioned it is autumnal outside.

I hope there is a chance of you seeing GGC and especially Ruby-Lou Ellen. What a treat that would be. ?

Have a good Saturday all and best wishes to our absent friends and those who are having worrying times.

Grammaretto Sat 29-Aug-20 09:25:29

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. At least the rain has stopped . I can cope with cold and grey.
I got through to a roofer and a plasterer yesterday so our ceiling, which partially came down, will get sorted. We also had to reply to our neighbours,' lawyers who are complaining again about water coming from an ancient spring, wetting their nice new gardens.
I shall go for a walk soon.
Have a happy weekend if you can.

Taichinan Sat 29-Aug-20 09:18:53

Morning all. The sun is shining on the Angus coast, but the wind is blowing strongly, straight out of the Arctic. A friend and I managed two sets of tai chi in the garden yesterday - well wrapped up in fleeces. It is so lovely to do it outside, although the wind does tend to throw you off balance a bit! Found a lovely little patch of autumn crocuses in the garden yesterday. It seems Mother Nature knows what we're not ready to admit yet! Now off to do some baking in preparation for a visit from a hungry horde of teenagers tomorrow. Have a happy day everyone and enjoy your Tour Dr France Mick. ???