Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Tue 01-Sep-20 06:13:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like a dry but bright start here in Brackley this morning .
Today , housework and hopefully get my haircut today , plus usual trip out on the buses as some form of normality returns to some of the local services .
Then again TV with Tour de France ,and easy day in otherwise .
Take Care ,
Mick

Newquay Tue 01-Sep-20 17:38:07

Don’t think I’d be walking the WHW momb! I’m being bitten to death here in Staffs; one on my arm is awful, the bone aches, v red, hot and itchy. Have felt quite washed out today too! I’ll stop moaning now!
DD1 and DGD have just called round to collect school uniform trousers ready for tomorrow. I’ve turned up two pairs for Thurs and Fri so can now do remaining 3 pairs!

Susan56 Tue 01-Sep-20 17:19:32

So pleased your appointment went well Cherry???

CherryCezzy Tue 01-Sep-20 17:16:27

Marydoll I'd be ?.

Marydoll and Grandmafrench - thank you ?

Grandmafrench Tue 01-Sep-20 14:47:16

Absolutely thrilled for you Cherry. Bet you're relieved !! x

Marydoll Tue 01-Sep-20 14:36:18

Cherry, it was rubbish! No clothes and no Home dept until refurb is over.
I made a total hash of it. The hand held scanner wasn't working properly, which meant an assistant had to help at checkout THREE times! You didnt miss anything. ?
At least my car got a run.
Glad you got on ok at hosp.

Malonegirl Tue 01-Sep-20 13:44:48

Oh what a glorious Autumn day here in Plymouth. It is warm but there is a nip in the air . Have just been for a cup of tea at a garden centre. Sat outside among the plants enjoying the atmosphere. So lovely. Happy Tuesday everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 01-Sep-20 13:06:42

GOOD AFTERNOON from sunny Harrogate. A busy morning this am. Had a hospital appointment to check up on my foot op and take out stitches. The young lad (surgeon) was pleased when I told him there has been less pain than ever before the op. While waiting I discovered I did not have my purse or bus pass - help!! Had to call DH to pick me up. Phoned school friend who was a bit het up about her GS. Then I called the shops I was in yesterday and tracked down my purse so going shortly to be re-united with them. Wish I could find my hearing aid though!! Hospital a bit Iffy when I turned up at Audiology. Could be a while before I get a replacement!!

Hope all are well

CherryCezzy Tue 01-Sep-20 12:59:26

? Marydoll, that's not fair.
I didn't even get to go to the supermarket, my WP went whilst I was in clinic ?

A big thank you to everyone who wished me good luck ?. I go back in a year ? ?.

Happy anniversary Granny and Grandad Somerset ?? .

Have you taken that tag off gillybob ? I hope so.

Marydoll Tue 01-Sep-20 12:06:35

Kalu, disaster! Only food on sale due to refurbishment!!! ? Argos is moving from Silverburn.

Georgesgran Tue 01-Sep-20 10:34:20

Just had to say Good Morning from a fabulously Autumnal Durham - it’s a lovely day.

Friend’s big move today and I’m a little concerned as I’ve no ‘instructions’ so far - presumably the money hasn’t changed hands, so no point me heading out to her new house yet. AS1 says he’ll visit after work, but no sign of AS2, which has really upset her, especially as he lives in the same village. He needs a good talking to!!

DH has returned from dropping sample off at Surgery - plagued with water infections as his kidneys are damaged by multiple chemotherapies. He’s feeling a bit rough today, so going to take it easy.

Hope everyone had a decent BH weekend and plans for the coming week run smoothly. X

Lilactime75 Tue 01-Sep-20 10:31:29

Good morning all you early risers. Sun here in Leeds and a gardening day today. Got to clear weeds from bottom of garden as we are having a new fence.

EllanVannin Tue 01-Sep-20 10:29:03

Good Morning All x. White Rabbits----again ! Good grief.
A lovely morning it is too after a grand sunrise.
Nearing the end of a final defrost ( dislike this job intensely ) but it will be prepared for an onslaught in case we're hemmed in again.

I'm going to pluck up courage to visit Asda while the weather's decent.I've got a list a foot long grin

Children here don't go back until Friday---what a funny day.
I'm glad I'm not outside any schools watching the tiny ones starting, I'd be crying my eyes out. I'm hopeless.

What a lovely time you had out Gillybob and good to learn that DH is looking well. What a difference a year makes x

Best wishes for Anniversaries and Birthdays flowers There seems to be a flurry of them this time of the year.

Spoke to GGS on the phone yesterday which was nice. He'd been to see his granddad who doesn't live too far away. I think he likes to see him often to feel close to his dad. You don't know what goes through the minds of children when they lose a parent. It's been such a difficult time for all concerned.

Hoping everyone has a good and safe day whatever it is you'll be doing. Thinking of our friends who aren't enjoying life at the moment xx flowers

Kalu Tue 01-Sep-20 10:11:10

I for got to name you but I’m sure you know which part of my post was addressed to you Marydoll?

Kalu Tue 01-Sep-20 10:08:08

Good morning from a greyish tinged Glasgow. I am doing my best to describe the day poetically but truth is, it’s a bit dreich.

Enjoy your time doing the WHW Momb. A few family members have enjoyed it, more than once so I hope you and your friends have the same experience.

If the fear of MatronKalu you cheeky besom, was instrumental in making sure your injection was done properly, my work is done here. ?. Wow, going solo to Sainsbury’s on the pretence you need to buy food, I know you will head straight for the clothing dept.! Enjoy your taste of independence. ?

Just packing a few bits as I have made a last minute decision to check things over at the but n ben. An hours drive and I will have an empty in Perthshire for two days. Woohoo. ?

Best wishes to all for a good day.

Grandmafrench Tue 01-Sep-20 09:55:17

Where there’s a will.......you’re bound to find a way, Taichinan ?‍♀️ Many Congrats and good wishes to you both, GrannySomerset. Mr Somerset is opting for a slightly more unusual celebration today (poor chap) ........but he’ll be a new man with his eyesight fixed, which will improve (both) your lives, I reckon! Good luck.

Susan56 Tue 01-Sep-20 09:53:34

Happy Anniversary to Granny and Grandad Somerset ???
Hope all goes well with the cataract operation.

I’m sure your daughter will enjoy her celebration greengreen grass and well done on being so organised.It has been a long six months.Give yourself a pat on the back for keeping you and your daughter safe???

greengreengrass Tue 01-Sep-20 09:36:46

Good morning from Weston Super Mare
DD still asleep, sun shining, last bits and bobs for me to do on organsing a socially distanced birthday do for her and her friends today.

Glad to say I've done all recycling and lots of tydying in our relatively small flat which makes a difference.

Also everything ready for start of school Thursday.

The birthday do feels very poignant today, as if we've emerged from the dark tunnel of lockdown. I'm trying to tell myself if we can do that, we can do G.C.S.E year too and many things ahead.

So looking forward know to waving her off to school on Thursday and having some time to myself...

grandMattie Tue 01-Sep-20 09:36:24

Cherry, my friend had a lot of breast pain after mastectomy. It turned out to be a nerve re-growing. She has Botox to stop the pain. Good luck.

Gelisajams Tue 01-Sep-20 09:34:02

Good morning from a sunny Morecambe Bay from where we have just come in from our walk down the canal and round the Bay. I’ll get the washing hung out then we are off to Manchester for a funeral. It’s an elderly aunt of DH’s who I hardly know so I will travel down to keep him company en route. DH will just attend the burial in order to pay his respects but not the church service. There’s nothing planned after anyway.
We may call by to see DS1 and family to grab a quick cup of tea. Their quarantine ends today!
Good to hear Mr G is so much better. Hopefully he’s having better nights now he’s had his op. I won’t nag, but ✂️ Gilly
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Taichinan Tue 01-Sep-20 09:33:46

Good morning all from the Angus coast where it's another beautiful morning. Spent yesterday recovering from a wonderful day. DD and her NM, along with their five teens came over for the afternoon. A lovely time spent down at the beach with much laughter and larking about - a beautiful combined family. It's wonderful to see the smile back on DD's face again. She's been widowed for four years and before he passed away her DH had been ill for 10 years. NM is also a young widow. It's so great that they have found each other.

I also had a look at a hall for our tai chi classes. It had already been marked out for social distancing and shows I can have classes of only 9 at a time. As I usually have between 40 and 50 spread over two classes in a morning we're going to have to have a fortnightly rota of three classes per morning. The logistics of this, plus informing everybody, is a wee bitty mind-boggling you might say! So off I go to get started. Have the best day you can everybody and whatever you're doing, I hope the sun shines on you. ???

GrannyGravy13 Tue 01-Sep-20 09:20:56

Hope your appointment goes well CherryCezzy

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary Granny and Granddad Somerset 58 years wow ??

Grandmafrench Tue 01-Sep-20 09:01:57

Good Morning everyone from a beautiful day in the S of ????. I am ridiculously pleased I have a bug! It’s a cleaning bug, possibly brought on by my new kitchen shelving and DH’ s industriousness.

Yesterday I dried 2 flokati rugs from our bedroom in an hour and then went a bit bonkers, moving furniture, washing paintwork, vacuuming lampshades etc. so pleased with myself, I achieved so much and clearly I was in just the right mood to sort out my nest! Long may this mood last. Today I shall carry on through the house. Bit late for spring cleaning but, hey, who cares. This may be my new normal ?.

Very best wishes for your Clinic visit today, Cherry and hope you enjoy your walk through a half-forgotten supermarket experience. Glad your Son continues to look so much better, GrandMattie and don’t worry too much about the school return for your ‘big children’ Susan ..... they’ll hopefully be able to reassure themselves fairly quickly and feel safe again.

The UK does sound very Autumnal. Do hope this year it’s a good season. If it’s bright, sunny and dry, it can be so beautiful watching the trees change. ?And without rain and storms, the winter then always seems so much shorter.

We’re taking a trip to the mountains this week. Different weather, different views, wonderful walking and, fingers crossed, fewer tourists.

Have yourselves a good 1st September everyone, and good wishes for all who may be struggling.

Hugs from France ????

gillybob Tue 01-Sep-20 09:01:36

^mancgirl, my grandaughter is so petite, just like her old gran that it was impossible to find a blazer small enough.
My DIL had to get an age 3 to 4 altered to fit^

We have always had the same problem with DGD 1 who is now 14 . She’s tiny compared with her classmates and friends . It’s getting harder as she gets older as their school uniform is really strict and the stockists don’t do anything in her size.

#Good things in little bundles smile

gillybob Tue 01-Sep-20 08:58:11

Just popping back to say Good Luck for your appointment today CherryCezzy smile

And Happy Wedding anniversary to Granny and Grandad Somerset I hope the sunshine shines on you all day today . Good luck to your DH for his cataract operation today too.

Anniebach Tue 01-Sep-20 08:52:05

Good morning Auntyflo and all x