Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(53 Posts)
12Michael Tue 08-Sep-20 06:14:19

Good Morning Everyone,
This morning sees a grey but dry start over Brackley .
Today , buses to Buckingham and Bicester with coffee break and small shop before returning home and watch the Tour De France on TV .
Plus also some housework.
Mick

Greyduster Tue 08-Sep-20 08:11:48

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire. I have to go out today to get DH a birthday present, but apart from that, nothing much planned. DH is making bean and bacon soup later. It is usually a long slow process as every vegetable has to be cut up with military precision, a bit at a time. I’ve shown him a quicker way. I am wasting my time. If he were Oi/c catering, we would starve?. Momb love Glencoe. I am in awe of the distance you’ve walked so far and wish you good weather for the rest. Have a good safe day folks.

Jaxjacky Tue 08-Sep-20 08:16:19

Good morning all, grey but warm here. I’m still half asleep as I had lots of ‘active’ dreams, husband off to work so I got up at 7 with him. Bits and bobs to do today, there is washing, but it can wait until the sun appears.
Have a peaceful day all.

Gingster Tue 08-Sep-20 08:16:47

Thanks Grandmattie that’s one thing off my mind ?

Gingster Tue 08-Sep-20 08:20:05

Poor you Marydoll nightmares are horrible! Why do your injections have that effect on you. .?.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 08-Sep-20 08:22:23

Morning from a slightly damp Oxfordshire village. Daughter is staying for a few days and wants to visit the Discount Shopping Village in Swindon. Not my cup of tea but we can have some mother daughter bonding time. We are all going out for dinner tonight to a favourite gastropub. I am afraid I am in a near constant fret over the trump shenanigans, the oven ready Brexit and various family things. Oh, and the pandemic which has pretty well wrecked my social life. Apart from that, I made my Christmas cake this week, which is always good.

Kalu Tue 08-Sep-20 08:27:02

Good morning everyone from a sunny day in Glasgow where I will take advantage of a decent day to finish off clearing out the garden shed. A much needed visit to Waitrose late afternoon will count as my only outing this week.

Sorry to read you had such a rotten night Maw. I can’t bear windows closed in the bedroom for a start but worries and nightmares is too much in one night. I hope you manage a nap at one point to help you feel more refreshed and less concerned.

I know exactly where you are MOMB. Kinghouse is a very popular stopover for those doing the WHW. Stunningly beautiful Glen Coe on a day like today is a great opportunity to photograph the loch opposite the hotel as the reflections on the loch sets a beautiful scene.

Hope you are feeling not too bad after yesterday’s injection Marydoll. Only you will know whether to continue with this treatment and I’m sure you will draw the right conclusion as to what is best for you.

Hoping things are less stressful for you gilly and you are taking care of yourself.

Have a pleasant day all

Pittcity Tue 08-Sep-20 08:37:49

Good morning from a grey but warm Colchester.
I am walking into town for my first real mooch around the shops since March.
I don't really need anything but......

Grammaretto Tue 08-Sep-20 08:49:09

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is sunny for a change.
I've dropped DH at the hospital this morning but as I am not allowed in, I have left him there and will collect him later.
Driving into the sun blinded me at one point and I just had to stop.
Sorry to hear about your wretched medication Marydoll and your feeling bad about deleting messages.

Has anyone heard from Gillybob ? No news is good news isn't it?

I apologise Kalu for my misleading weather report but I was half right. You may yet need those shorts!

Hoping the day goes well. I have plenty to do. Staying home is a full time job.

Beauregard Tue 08-Sep-20 08:49:29

Good morning all from cloudy Derbyshire. It was dry when I got up but there's been a shower since. Hopefully that's the last of the rain for a few days as my hay crop will spoil if we get much more.

We're off walking this morning, our usual Tuesday activity. I've told DH it's 4 miles maximum today as my back is a little sore. He'd have me walking 10 miles plus if it was up to him so I have to put my foot down occasionally. Then hopefully not much else for the rest of the day.

Sorry to hear about your worries Maw. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. And Marydoll, I can't imagine people being angry with you, as in your nightmares. You write such witty and interesting posts. I hope you will feel better today.

I'd better go get some breakfast. DH will be wanting to get going on the walk soon.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Anniebach Tue 08-Sep-20 08:56:43

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grandmabatty Tue 08-Sep-20 09:01:47

Good morning All. I'm battling a toddler with the cold so it's a quick hello.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 08-Sep-20 09:06:02

Morning all from a bright South Notts. Not much going on today so I'll potter, maybe get some housework done.

Hope all is well especially for those with worries or illness. I wonder what life will be like a year from now? Back to normal? Stay safe.

GrannySomerset Tue 08-Sep-20 09:10:07

Sympathies to Marydoll who makes light of her medical difficulties and hope the way forward becomes clearer soon. And thinking of Gillybob as always.

Bed changing and domestic tasks today after an enjoyable W.I. chat for six in a most beautiful garden, four times the size of ours and managed by one person plus grass cutting husband. Feel ashamed of my paltry efforts in comparison! Raining now so hope my motivations survives until it is fine enough to get out there and tackle some urgent jobs.

GrannySomerset Tue 08-Sep-20 09:15:43

Sympathies to Marydoll who makes light of her serious medical difficulties; hope the best way forward becomes evident soon. And thinking of Gillybob and hoping that life gets easier for her.

Bed changing and domestic tasks today after a lovely WI meeting yesterday - six of us in a member’s beautiful garden, four times the size of ours and apart from a grass cutting husband she does it all herself. I am ashamed of my efforts and vow to do better when it stops raining.

GrannySomerset Tue 08-Sep-20 09:16:21

Sorry - lost the first post which has magically reappeared. Why does it do that?

Kalu Tue 08-Sep-20 09:18:34

Not to worry Grammaretto I thought we were about to enjoy an Indian summer.? aye right! Hope all goes well with your DH’s hospital visit.

Sar53 Tue 08-Sep-20 09:38:01

Good morning everyone from a grey Essex by the sea. I wrote a long post earlier but it has disappeared confused. Hoping you all have a good Tuesday xx

kittylester Tue 08-Sep-20 10:21:02

Thanks for that Urmston!

I usually post fairly early and don't often get back later but I don't seem to have seen Harri around lately - has anyone else?

kittylester Tue 08-Sep-20 10:22:18

And, I though Nina had come back - seems I was wrong. Have we got a black hole?

Taichinan Tue 08-Sep-20 10:41:36

momb how wonderful for you to stay overnight at Kingshouse! I think without a doubt Glencoe is one of the most stunning, awe-inspiring places on earth - and yes, I have travelled! Enjoy the rest of The Way, and well done!

EllanVannin Tue 08-Sep-20 10:48:28

Good Morning All x.
Another heavy grey and dull day by the look of things. So still too with not a leaf flickering. Horrible.
I'd got impatient at tea-time yesterday and decided to do a machine of washing in the hope that I could hang it out this morning but that's all it would do---hang !

Brother rang yesterday which left me wondering about his state of mind. His partner had a fall in the house a couple of weeks ago and it appeared that the fall knocked her out. I then asked if he'd rang an ambulance and he hadn't ! The woman was knocked out. I told him that she should have been hospitalised and he hadn't seemed to realise.

Anyway, I spoke to his partner who'd since had headaches and to me her speech was slurred, so I asked her if she'd been to the hospital and she'd said her daughter took her to the walk-in centre who in turn told her to go to A&E, though I gather she didn't.

It took me all my time not to " lose it ", then brother went on to say they'd pop over the water to see me on my Birthday and I said no, don't, it's not safe for anyone to be out, meaning them as well as myself. Besides ,the sound of his partner and the fact that she should shield ( COPD )it's not advisable. Blimey I can do without this. They're both in their 70's. Jeeze, I've got enough problems gringrin
I know he tends to " shut things out ".

Maw, a very unsettling night for you made worse because you're on your own. Let's hope the " visitors " don't stay long.
Perhaps you can grab 40 winks during the day.

I wish I could wave a wand over Marydoll to improve things. It's not nice when your health isn't up to par when you know it should be with medications that are supposed to help. I think I'd be having a word with the GP.

I can't believe your time's nearly up Pantglas. How quickly that's gone. You should be set-up to face winter now after all that VitD smile Bet you're met with another lockdown though sad

I'll never get this finished as I'm up and down like a fiddlers elbow grin but I'll end by sending thoughts to our friends flowers who are struggling and those who are feeling a bit off, especially at the thought of another " lock-in " xx
Try and stay safe whatever you do. Wishing you all a pleasant day.

Nortsat Tue 08-Sep-20 10:57:34

Good morning Mick from an overcast east London.

A friend has invited me to a garden visit on Thursday, which I think will require a mac at least, with a scarf. She has medical conditions which require that she’s super careful about isolating. I was shielding until the end of August, but we haven’t been out anywhere. I am feeling rather anxious about shopping or eating out, but a garden visit feels safe.

I am making shepherds pie for supper and as Pantglas mentioned garlic mashed potatoes, I think that’s what I will top my shepherds pie with.

Marydoll, I hope you have a restful day. Glad to know you’ve heard from gilly and that she knows we are all thinking of her.

momb, it sounds as though your walking holiday has been a great success. How lovely.

I am going for my walk shortly, sadly not as beautiful as the GHW, just down to my local park and back.
Have a good day all, best wishes to our missing posters and ?to all who need them.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 08-Sep-20 11:04:22

Good Morning all from a drab Harrogate. - hoping it will brighten up soon!! I have a wash waiting to be hung out!! I have a bit of baking to do when I've finished my coffee. A friend wants to borrow a garden chair. I've been told it must be big enough to support her ample behind and light enough so it does not set off her Angina!! Tall order!! How many garden chairs should I have??

Hope you are all well

Feelingmyage55 Tue 08-Sep-20 11:06:57

Good morning from a breezy north but the sun is shining and I have just had brunch sitting outside on the bench. It is a glorious autumn day and I shall drive to a quiet spot later for a walk.
spice101 a warm welcome. It is very interesting to read your post as you have given the lowdown on life in Melbourne in a way that we can understand and empathise with. I had no idea how tight the restrictions are, as I felt that 5 miles in the UK was quite strict but 5 km is only about 2 miles and unless you are in an area with food shops that is very challenging. Can you get food/medical deliveries?
gillybob. We worry about you.
marydoll you keep on keeping on. Hopefully the side effects will start to mitigate.
I had a message for someone else but I’ve forgotten!
Best wishes to all.

Grandmafrench Tue 08-Sep-20 11:24:38

Good Morning everyone from the Hot, Blue, Sunny, you've guessed it. It is almost good morning to absolutely everyone, I am so late today. DH is to blame. He and the dogs went off early walking and left me in bed!

Beauregard Hope you thoroughly enjoy your walk. Here my DH and I have shared a laugh since he reported that he saw some locals dressed in jackets.....and scarves!!!!! earlier this morning. He strolled past in his shorts as per usual. Given that it was 19 degrees and it'll be high 20's again by the afternoon, we always find this hilarious. In Paris, it's simply not done to see a sandal on the streets after 31 August unless you're a tourist. But that's a big City style thing.

Mumofmadboys Wow! I can recall some of the views. Hope you're enjoying every moment. Spice Our lockdown in France was like yours, for months, except we only had the 1k limit from home allowed and only 1 person in a car. Stay strong, we all know how bad it can feel.

GrannySomerset with all your caring daily efforts, how could you possibly feel ashamed when looking at someone's better-tended garden.

Marydoll now that you know you get a few awful nights post injection, maybe you are keeping a log of how well you do otherwise in between treatments. It might help you make the decisions in October? Meanwhile, now that you have shared your (stupid) dream, it'll hopefully clear from your mind. You know how you're loved! Rest, please.

MawB Unsettling and really annoying. Thankfully you have Hattie who, hopefully, opens those eyes sometimes to bark? We had travellers in our pretty village - often for months because the Mayor was afraid of them! Hopefully in the UK you can get the Police to do something eventually - especially with the current rules regarding Covid.

All congratulations to Famille GrandMattie - bet you're so proud of her. But, please make all efforts to eradicate Covid straight away if it's causing inconvenience to your dear SIL. grin Pants In future you'll always be able to refer to it as "The Spanish Menu". Any nortiness from DH and you'll be able to offer a slightly bizarre meal at a moment's notice by whipping out a copy of "The Spanish Menu" for his delectation!

LadyleftfieldLover That really made me laugh. I could almost say "snap" to what you've written. I'm so bad that I was given a marvellous little Ladybird book on the Orange Clown for my birthday. There are memorable phrases :

"Donald likes to make terrible things nearly happen, and then stop them at the last minute". "That way he can say he stopped a terrible thing from happening". "It is a shame he forgot to do this when he was still only nearly President". grin

But you're much more positive than me - you've made Christmas cake!

Ellan nobody ever needs to hear of an accident which wasn't treated, over the 'phone and days later. I expect you've been "all of a doo-dah" - I would be. But you gave your good advice and they're adults, what else can you do. Try to have a non-stressed day if you can - and SMILE x

Keep safe Nortsat - keep safe all.
Hugs