Gransnet forums

Chat

Further Senior Moments !

(116 Posts)
NanKate Wed 16-Sep-20 10:59:06

I was finishing my normal morning ablutions and fulled my top forward to give myself a couple of sprays of my Liz Earle perfume. To my horror I found I had squirted the grapefruit and ginger bathroom spray all down my front. ?

Curlywhirly Thu 17-Sep-20 10:42:53

Brought a bundle of washing downstairs together with a rather expensive jacket that I was going to put on as I was about to go out. Couldn't find the jacket anywhere - only to realise I had put in the washer with the washing! I had already started the wash, so sadly it was too late to rescue it hmm

Gingergirl Thu 17-Sep-20 10:45:59

And I once polished the table with air freshener....

Moggycuddler Thu 17-Sep-20 10:47:31

Often go looking for my glasses when I have them on. Put all sorts of things in the wrong places - cleaning stuff in the fridge and things that should be in the fridge put under the sink.

winterwhite Thu 17-Sep-20 10:49:52

I call these teenage moments.? No one so absent minded and forgetful as a teenager - go out without a purse, leave shopping on a bus, set the alarm clock for p.m rather than a.m., get on a train going the wrong way. Mine did all that in their time. And that's not counting 'forgetting' to do little jobs in the house.

helgawills Thu 17-Sep-20 10:50:09

Doesn't need to be a senior moment, hubby once tried to brush his teeth with my daughter's hydrocortisone cream, when she was little.

Witzend Thu 17-Sep-20 10:53:21

When once driven to distraction by her own mother with dementia, my mother once sprayed her hair with furniture polish instead of hair spray. She wasn’t even really ‘senior’ at the time, either.

Give how often I was driven to distraction by dementia (my mother and my FiL) it’s just as well I’ve never used hair spray!

Carol54 Thu 17-Sep-20 10:56:01

I told my friend I would meet her for our walk as soon as I found my phone......

minxie Thu 17-Sep-20 10:57:27

I was googling something on my mobile phone and I couldn’t find my phone, which was in my hand ?? worrying

jaylucy Thu 17-Sep-20 10:59:45

A couple of weeks ago I needed to add a couple of items to my online order - lap top on, in a hurry, no specs (left in the bedroom ) thought "this will be ok , I can see the pics on screen")
Shopping delivered yesterday and my son wants to know why I had ordered shaving foam for him (he has a beard) , dog food (we have a cat) and a bag of frozen spinach (that neither of us like!
Next week I must remember to order deodorant, cat food and frozen beans with my glasses on.
Would anyone like to swap a jar of beetroot for one of strawberry jam ????

hf59 Thu 17-Sep-20 11:00:27

I once filled up an electric kettle, lit the gas - and hey presto! (you can probably guess the rest!.. )

JMitch Thu 17-Sep-20 11:00:38

Stewed a whole batch of new season rhubarb last week - with Salt instead of sugar!

hf59 Thu 17-Sep-20 11:02:07

Also, once tried to key in my house phone number into the cash point machine..... (it doesn’t work! ...)

fluff Thu 17-Sep-20 11:03:39

Gwyneth .. I’ve done the same with what I thought was feminine deodorant ... not recommended ?

fraz1946 Thu 17-Sep-20 11:05:41

Such a comfort to know others do daft things because body in one place and mind gone somewhere else. My worst lapse was to put the dirty clothes into the dishwasher then a couple of hours later went to the clothes washer and was completely mind blown to find it empty. I then went back to the dirty clothes basket - also empty Around the bed room and bathroom - nothing. A lightbulb went off and I suddenly remembered where everything was!! Boy did I feel stupid.!

hf59 Thu 17-Sep-20 11:06:44

Also, once when I was about 16 yrs I was walking over a bridge on a hot day, took the wrapper off an ice lolly - screwed up a £5.00 note - and chucked the fiver into the river ..... (this was a very long time ago and cured me of any thoughts of littering again so a lesson learnt!...)

Juicylucy Thu 17-Sep-20 11:07:49

I’ve made someone cup of coffee with bistro gravy granules.

hf59 Thu 17-Sep-20 11:14:04

have got into the passenger seat of a car exact same make and colour as mine in the supermarket car park - the driver of that car looked rather alarmed!.... my car was parked alongside ....

hf59 Thu 17-Sep-20 11:14:41

I am going to stop posting now as I am beginning to worry myself ...!

Witzend Thu 17-Sep-20 11:15:09

I always make stock from a chicken carcass, simmer it for ages with sundry veg and herbs - but once strained the whole lot through a colander - down the sink!
There was some extremely unladylike language in our kitchen, I can tell you.

NemosMum Thu 17-Sep-20 11:19:53

Spread Rimmel foundation on my foof instead of thrush treatment! It stung!

Littlelegs Thu 17-Sep-20 11:21:04

I Pledged a fly instead of using fly spray!

ExaltedWombat Thu 17-Sep-20 11:26:38

Mixed up the toothpaste with the Anusol.

Piles of smiles, and a lovely ring of confidence.

Aepgirl Thu 17-Sep-20 11:30:40

Yes, hairspray instead of deodorant has happened to me. Only buy roll on now.

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 17-Sep-20 11:32:47

I was in Oxford yesterday with OH. As we walked past Oxford City College I told him how I had sat my A-levels there on Day Release while working as a Management trainee at John Lewis... no I didn’t! I was based in Reading and attended Reading Tech on Day Release. I did take a summer school in Creative Writing in Oxford though.

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 17-Sep-20 11:34:19

And talking about the wrong car... I spent ages looking for my car in a multi-storey car park before remembering that I was using my husband’s car that day.