Gransnet forums

Chat

Further Senior Moments !

(116 Posts)
NanKate Wed 16-Sep-20 10:59:06

I was finishing my normal morning ablutions and fulled my top forward to give myself a couple of sprays of my Liz Earle perfume. To my horror I found I had squirted the grapefruit and ginger bathroom spray all down my front. ?

Yiayia4 Fri 18-Sep-20 08:16:49

I put hair remover gel on my toothbrush luckily smelt it!

tattygran14 Fri 18-Sep-20 10:36:43

I have just heard myself carefully explaining to my cat that one pouch of his rejected cat food cost the equivalent of 16 Mars bars when I was a child. And I'm not even sure that I got the sums right!

Maggiemaybe Fri 18-Sep-20 10:40:56

tattygran, I talked to my cats like that all the time. I was once telling a tale to one of them who was curled up in the corner of the sofa, till I realised I was talking to my black peg bag.

Dorita Fri 18-Sep-20 12:30:54

Poor you.

Glenco Fri 18-Sep-20 12:54:26

Some years back my husband couldn't find his glasses. We searched everywhere to no avail. Then he looked at his mother, who had been helping us search, and found them - she was wearing them!

MissAdventure Fri 18-Sep-20 16:25:02

grin

Rosina Fri 18-Sep-20 16:46:43

For some weeks I treated the front of my hair to a spray of 'Pledge' instead of hairspray, rushing madly to get out to work. This might have gone on for ever had my daughter not noticed and asked what I was doing! Both canisters, similar colours, in bathroom cabinet.

MissAdventure Fri 18-Sep-20 16:57:32

Please tell me your hair had a lovely shine, though. smile

tinytears Mon 21-Sep-20 17:46:37

Has anyone ever reversed out of their driveway without opening the gate first..? I did this on Saturday and it’s been worrying me ever since.. have had to tell the OH that the wind must have blown it shut.?

Auntieflo Mon 21-Sep-20 22:33:26

I had a senior thought late this morning.
Hearing that the dishwasher had finished, it went through my head that I could now peg out while it was still sunny and bright ?
Don't think the crockery would take kindly to being pegged to the line.

NfkDumpling Tue 22-Sep-20 08:29:55

tinytears

Has anyone ever reversed out of their driveway without opening the gate first..? I did this on Saturday and it’s been worrying me ever since.. have had to tell the OH that the wind must have blown it shut.?

You close your front gates tinytears? I thought such things were just for decoration.

Harris27 Tue 22-Sep-20 08:32:37

I too have mistook different spray cans in the bathroom. Very careful now!

GrannyGravy13 Tue 22-Sep-20 08:57:09

Just got in the shower with my glasses on ??

AGAA4 Tue 22-Sep-20 17:40:07

I went into the bedroom to get my book from the bedside table and walked out with the alarm clock. I don't think it has the same entertainment value.

Witzend Wed 23-Sep-20 08:06:50

Re hair and spraying, here’s a ‘junior’ moment.

Yesterday my 5 year old Gdd appeared with a can of what she thought was some sort of hair conditioner, and wanted to spray her baby sister’s hair with it.

Dd quickly pointed it out that it was a shoe-leather treatment - whereupon Gdd made an ‘eeek!’ sort of face and confessed that she’d already sprayed her 4 yo brother’s hair with it.
TBH it looked none the worse!