Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Mon 21-Sep-20 06:14:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight this morning, but its dry here in Brackley ,
A day of housework etc, with the Tour De France finished, nothing to watch until later in the week ,reminding myself this time last year , I was at Harrogate for World Cycling Road Race and Time Trial Championships , a memory still there.
Take Care ,
Mick

Gingster Mon 21-Sep-20 07:58:54

Thank you Brook ?

Beauregard Mon 21-Sep-20 08:15:09

Good morning all from Derbyshire where it's bright and sunny at the moment. The last two days of warm weather, we're told, until Autumn arrives on Wednesday.

In readiness for this I did a bit of clothes sorting yesterday and got a few jumpers out. Mr B is reluctant to leave Summer behind but i'll be glad to as Autumn is my favourite season.

This afternoon we're going to our veg garden to do some picking - courgettes, beans, broccoli. We tied our onions up in the garage at the weekend - about 150 of them I think. We've had a bumper crop of everything this year, so should keep us going for a while.

Scentia we're due to go to Devon and Cornwall in two weeks time so will also be watching todays briefing to see if we will still be able to.

GrandmaFrench how lovely that you remembered my posts a couple of weeks ago when I was fretting about my hay crop. I can happily report that it turned out really well and was baled and stored a few days ago. A great relief...until next year!!. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Stilllearning Mon 21-Sep-20 08:19:42

Morning everyone from S Lanarkshire, cloudy and still but hopefully brighter by the afternoon. I have an adventure planned for today! I have been increasingly longing for a glimpse of the sea but a couple of plans to go with family have fallen through, for good reasons
but a bit frustrating. The thing is, I do drive a lot, but for many years now all very local, so a journey to the coast seems a big deal. Anyhow today I am donning my big girl pants and in company with Mr Google am off to the seaside!
As someone said, ‘I may be gone some time’!
Wishing a good day for everyone

Oldbutstilluseful Mon 21-Sep-20 08:20:29

Good morning from a sunny N Hants. Flu jab this afternoon, but this morning I’ve decided I really must go through cupboards sorting out best by, use by dates. Tedious, but will be made easier by listening to the wonderful, free, online audio books, courtesy of the library.
Wishing everyone a good day and hoping those struggling find some peace.

kittylester Mon 21-Sep-20 08:23:45

Morning all from a bright ish North Leicestershire.

I have had a bad night for the last 2 nights. When lockdown started, Dh and I were sleeping so badly that we decided separate bedrooms. We have decided to try sleeping together again - it's not going well!!

We are off to Clumber Park to meet DH's brother and his wife so hope it stays fine.

Sending love to everyone.

Pantglas2 Mon 21-Sep-20 08:23:56

Oh dear I’ve slept in.....those blackout curtains certainly work, even keeping out the dawn chorus!

Welcome to all newbies - this is the loveliest thread on GN although if you’ve been reading awhile, you already know that?

Need to sort ? insurance today and there’s ? curd to be made if I can find some jars - I’ve been known to use china mugs in the past!

A good day for absentees and all present and correct!

brook2704 Mon 21-Sep-20 08:25:17

Wishing you a great day out by the seaside stilllearning enjoy your day!

GrannyOwl5 Mon 21-Sep-20 08:26:39

Good morning everyone. Day two of our holiday in North Yorkshire and it is a beautiful morning; sun burning away a bit of low floating mist across the fields we can see from our holiday cottage. Last few days of summer according to the weather forecasters. We are off to Bolton Abbey today - one of our favourite places. Looking forward to walking alongside the River Wharfe - birds, trees, clear water and paths wide enough to avoid having to do too much of the Covid Dance if we meet anyone!
Hope you all have a good day.

Pittcity Mon 21-Sep-20 08:30:01

Good morning from misty Colchester. It's going to burn off for another warm, dry day.
DH has gone fishing and I am going to take a long walk doing a few errands along the way.

Taichinan Mon 21-Sep-20 08:35:46

Have a great adventure stillearning and enjoy the sea air! ?

Nannytopsy Mon 21-Sep-20 08:39:44

Ashcombe we love the Loire, particularly around Chinon. We were there just a year ago. Stayed in Le Mans in 2017 on our journey down. There were ingenious modern cabins in a large garden and breakfast was brought to your patio! Note to self - must go there again!
It was misty in the night here in Suffolk and now it’s cloudy. Lifts to be given, compost to be bought today so must get moving.
I hope everyone has the best day possible.

Mapleleaf Mon 21-Sep-20 08:39:48

Good morning,

It's a lovely bright morning here today. The last day of summer - autumn equinox tomorrow. (Yes, I know the weather forecasters have meteorological autumn starting Sept 1st, but I go with the traditional dates, so it's still late summer for me ???).

Had a busy day yesterday, household jobs in the morning and finished bulb planting (except for the tulips which will go in the ground late autumn) yesterday afternoon. So today, some ironing (I know how to party ??). Will listen to the two professors at 11. I'm sure the news will be grim, as some people refuse to be sensible and flock in their droves to the seaside not observing social distancing and mask wearing. What is wrong with them? Head in sand syndrome, I suspect. Though to be fair we've had very contradictory advice in the last months.

Keep safe one and all.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 21-Sep-20 08:46:49

Just had a text reminder apparently I have a dentist appointment first thing, so I best get going ??‍♀️

NannyJan53 Mon 21-Sep-20 08:48:09

Good Morning from a misty Black Country, but a sunny day is forecast.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I had a lovely day with limited family over for a BBQ, enhanced by the glorious sunny hot day yesterday. Now I have to get used to the fact I am even closer to 70 than 60 smile

Today I am off on a canal walk with my U3A group. First time since lockdown, so looking forward to that.

Wishing you all a lovely day

Anniebach Mon 21-Sep-20 08:53:27

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

GrannySomerset Mon 21-Sep-20 08:57:19

Very misty here in North Somerset but I have indoor jobs this morning - the last of the cultivated blackberries to cook with apple, and a lot of tomatoes to turn into passata for the freezer. Getting something out of the freezer to cook with in the winter months gives me real pleasure.

DH has a Zoom session with his speech therapist this afternoon which will involve me to press the necessary buttons. We’ll see how this goes but I am not sure how he will react.

Make the most of the last days of summer, everyone. It will be a very long winter.

harrigran Mon 21-Sep-20 08:57:47

Good morning from a sunny NE.
We are in lockdown although that apparently does not apply to the younger generation who continue to party.
We had a long Skype call with DD yesterday, she is alone in Belgium but, thankfully, now has a car so she can transport shopping.
My widowed sister seems to have a busier social life than anyone I know, she is eating out several times a week and visiting friends, Germany must have very low infection rates.
Take care.

HAZBEEN Mon 21-Sep-20 08:58:58

Good morning all! Its overcast and murky here in Surrey so that's me for the sofa!
MIL came yesterday for lunch. We haven't always seen eye to eye but we get on much better now. All the housework is up to date because of her visit so that's one good thing!
She did bring a load of family papers and photographs so I have copied quite a few and now I will attack OHs family tree.
Thank you for the kind wishes from GNers it means a lot to have you lot rooting for me.
Take everyone and stay safe.

Georgesgran Mon 21-Sep-20 09:00:16

Good morning from Durham - it’s very bright and we are expecting 70 and sunshine later.
Expecting a long day on the phone today - DH couldn’t have his treatment last Tuesday so it was rearranged for tomorrow and they said they’d ring with a time. Despite leaving messages on a supposedly ‘urgent’ number, we’ve heard nothing. It’s a shame the ‘admin’ side lets the practical side down.

Should be meeting friends this morning, but the new lockdown here has me confused. Had coffee yesterday with DD2 and just realised no track and trace there. DD1, her family and FIL due back today from Lake District, they’ve another week off work so should be ok to see soon.

Hope everyone has the best day today. X

Beechnut Mon 21-Sep-20 09:02:02

Good Morning everyone from a dull and cloudy Severnside.

I’ve just arrived home after visiting my daughter and an early morning visit to Sainsbury’s.
I’m now going to drink my cuppa and read what you are doing today.

Take care all ?

Gelisajams Mon 21-Sep-20 09:11:32

Good morning from a sunny but cold Morecambe Bay. Hopefully it will warm up as the day goes on. Had a lovely day yesterday exploring a bit of coastline just up from Barrow. I quickly arranged a mortgage and bought an ice cream from an ice cream van! When did ice creams become so expensive?
I didn’t even enjoy it! It’s like fish and chips, they are never quite as you expect these days. Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Urmstongran Mon 21-Sep-20 09:11:44

Sun’s up here! ? 30°C at noon apparently.
Good morning everyone from Malaga ?

Think we will go out for a walk after a leisurely breakfast. Just need to choose which direction to head off in! Decisions, decisions ...
?
This is the life.
#lazygran

Enjoy your day at the seaside Stillearning! My dear dad used to say ‘you can’t get lost with a tankful of petrol’.

Hope Monday (? already, how did that happen) is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Kalu Mon 21-Sep-20 09:27:35

Good morning all from a cloudy sky at the moment in Glasgow. We have had such lovely sunny days recently, just wish they would stay for a couple of weeks before winter kicks in.

Snap Maw. I was an au pair in Bordeaux in 1967 when TDF came through our area. It all seems a lifetime away now, when the whole world was at our feet. Hope Hattie is doing well. ?

Good decision Stilllearning. Enjoy your day at the coast and now you know it is doable, it’s good to have the option of a trip just for a change of scenery.

A calm day weather wise yesterday meant I could finally clear the garage of the cardboard mountain and use the incinerator without smoke billowing everywhere. One mountain down I will tackle the other one today....ironing!? Deep joy.

Hope your DH feels better soon Grammaretto
I am going for late summer too Mapleleaf. More power to your elbow as us wicked party girls smooth away with the dashing iron, or words to that affect, memory fails me. ?

Happy Monday to all.

Libby65 Mon 21-Sep-20 09:27:52

Good morning from Western Isles. Windy but dry. I'm hanging out towels and hope for the best! Waiting to hear what Chris W has to say at 11am. Have a good day, all

mrswoo Mon 21-Sep-20 09:28:57

Good Morning from a bright Newcastle I think it's going to be a lot nicer day than yesterday which was grey and rainy.
Belated birthday greetings for yesterday nannyjan - it was mine too! Actually, the day itself was quite quiet as we had had a very busy few days beforehand and DH is still suffering with a painful leg after a bike accident. The BBC in their wisdom showed my favourite film, Dr Zhivago, in the afternoon. They must've known it was my birthday!
On Saturday we went to a socially distanced outdoor concert near Hexham. The concert, Voices of the West End, featured 4 singers and was most enjoyable. We took a picnic, wrapped up warm - it was very windy - and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Most importantly it felt very safe and was wonderfully well organised. They have been on a mini tour of the UK and are playing the Midlands Motor Museum next.
I had a long chat with my DS and DGS's up in Inverness yesterday the wee boys had been to the beach as it was a lovely sunny day. They were surprised that I knew the weather was nice there! So thankyou to brook for your daily Inverness weather updates. I always check to see what sort of day they will be having.
I hope everyone has the best day that they can. flowers for all those feeling unwell and with worries.