Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Mon 21-Sep-20 06:14:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight this morning, but its dry here in Brackley ,
A day of housework etc, with the Tour De France finished, nothing to watch until later in the week ,reminding myself this time last year , I was at Harrogate for World Cycling Road Race and Time Trial Championships , a memory still there.
Take Care ,
Mick

Grandmafrench Mon 21-Sep-20 09:29:24

Good Morning everyone from another beautiful one in the S of ?? and where my garden smells wonderful (and will do for months) thanks to the tiny flowers covering the Eleagnus hedges.

Steam mopping the floors today (yay! such fun) and then hopefully off to buy bulbs. Our garden centre is doing 20% off. Last week at a huge ‘pot’ place we bought 4 big garden pots and were told they were doing BOGOF. We were so pleased and surprised at only having to pay for 2, we’re now keen to fill them for the Spring.

Everyone appears to have a date with the outdoors today.....and the promise of good weather. Lovely walks - enjoy them all - you deserve it and it’ll distract you from more nonsense in the news. (Remember that those tv proclamations are like buses : if you miss this one there’ll be more along very shortly!)

Well done, you stilllearning. Hard to beat a little trip to the seaside. Have an ice cream for me (my diet currently forbids it but hope to report how well it’s going at the end of the week). Please take a nice photo to show us? I worried about your hay, Beauregard cos memories of safely stashing ours for our sheep can still alert my nervous tic ?. Any contest with Mother Nature can be hard going, can’t it.

Enjoy your day all. North Yorkshire cottage, grannyowl. Perfect! Suppose you can’t get up to too much mischief in a sofa shop Mary - and with a ‘minder’ ?. We shall see!
Keep safe all - and absent posters. Do so hope you feel better soon if you’re poorly. Stay strong Georgesgran Grammaretto Hazbeen and everyone currently finding life particularly hard.

Every good wish....and a hug from me to you.

Auntieflo Mon 21-Sep-20 09:30:27

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. Goodness how quickly this lovely thread grows!

Had a really nice day yesterday, mostly doing nothing.
We did try to have a coffee at the local garden centre, on the way home from Church, but after waiting 25 minutes, we left and had it at home instead. Shame. Spent the afternoon finishing my book in the garden.
Nothing planned for today, but housework looms large.
Sending best wishes to Gillybob and all who are missing.
Have a good day one and all..

Kalu Mon 21-Sep-20 09:34:03

Effect ??‍♀️

EllanVannin Mon 21-Sep-20 09:40:06

Good Morning All x.
I'm getting too used to these lovely mornings, it'll be a real downer when they end. This is what I love about foreign holidays---the guarantee that most mornings are going to be light, bright and sunny. It makes such a difference to your day.

It's a strange thing that my " swollen feet " revert back to being shrivelled as soon as summer's over. I've noticed this for long enough now. They'd been quite puffy at times but are now back to normal. Only problem being that it loosens the shoes, which start flopping grin I say it's a normal reaction to summer and that's that.

I'm going to make the most of outdoors today and do some pruning. Inside jobs can wait until the weather turns, says I.

I love hearing about what others get up to here, it's like reading a book which is why it takes me so long getting through the posts as well as breakfast in between. smile

I don't need any shopping today so it's a complete stay at home day. Remnants of yesterdays dinner today so no preparing as such, maybe an apple crumble to use up apples/ falls from a neighbour's D's tree. Nice apples too.

Hope those who didn't have the best night's sleep can manage 40 winks during the day, as sleep is so very important ( well I think it is ) Also thoughts to those who aren't feeling up to the mark, hope things improve for you.

Thinking of our absent friends xx flowers Everyone stay safe and well and we'll see what 11am brings. xx

Kalu Mon 21-Sep-20 09:46:59

We bought a pile of bulbs at our local garden centre a few days ago Grandmafrench and you have just reminded me to put them into pots. My next purchase will be a couple of amaryllis and paperwhites for indoors. Happy planting.

Ashcombe Mon 21-Sep-20 10:02:07

Nannytopsy
Did you visit Vieux Mans during your stay in Le Mans? It’s the medieval part of the city, complete with cobbled streets and magnificent buildings, near the cathedral.
What a friendly thread this is! Thank you for making me feel welcome and I wish you all a day of sunny skies and pleasant times, especially those on holiday.

Kalu Mon 21-Sep-20 10:07:45

Vieux Mans is a beautiful part of the city Ashcombe as is Vieux Lyons. Old buildings with narrow cobbled streets is my preference when visiting any French city.

gillgran Mon 21-Sep-20 10:39:17

Good Morning to you all from a warm , sunny Cambs.,

We had a lovely, but short, weekend to the Norfolk coast.

Belated Birthday wishes to Nannyjan & Mrswoo.

Take Care, All You Good Folk.

Grandmafrench Mon 21-Sep-20 10:40:57

It is just like a book, Ellan. Can’t understand why people worry that they’re boring the rest of us! So pleased to hear that you only have Summer feet....that’s what the heat does.

This is not just a Thread (and it’s certainly not “an M&S thread”. ) It’s a Morning Club.....and I’m pleased to be a member.

Kalu what are you like? ? It’s ‘dashing away with a smoothing iron’ - or boring old ironing to most of us. Get happy with your bulbs.

Grandmabatty Mon 21-Sep-20 10:54:06

Grandmafrench I was lucky enough to get garden vouchers for my birthday so later this week I'm going to raid the garden centre which is barely five minutes away and get goodies. Pots, winter flowering pansies, bulbs and I've a hankering for a solar powered water feature.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 21-Sep-20 11:01:28

Good Morning all from a bright Harrogate, yes this town does leave a lasting impression on visitors!! Especially the Cycles race last year - it was sooo wet and cold. The stray in Harrogate has just about recovered! Got to go to PC world today, this laptop needs more storage space. Can't afford to buy a new macbook, so an external harddrive it will have to be. The machine is doing all sorts of silly things because I have not got the space to update it. However it's a chance for an outing, the guys at PC world will hopefully do the reformatting for me (which will save my time and temper)
anyway wish me luck!!

Hope everyone has a lovely day today

grandMattie Mon 21-Sep-20 11:04:00

Pant, are you making your ? lemon curd with “limones robados” as I once made marmalade for a friend? She stole large lemons from the street, over a wall, when she was in Torre Viejo. ?

Kalu Mon 21-Sep-20 11:38:03

I almost got it right GrandmaF ?. We sang it so long ago in school. I would much rather be dashing away from the smoothing iron but will play the martyr for the sake of some clean clothes and bed linen. ??

NannyJan53 Mon 21-Sep-20 14:54:48

Belated birthday wishes to you too mrswoo flowers