Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Wed 23-Sep-20 06:16:34

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its dark still here in Brackley , paths are wet so a weather change on the way.
Today, small shop locally I am in and out of the Supermarket, before 8 with 0730 opening.
Quite day in as I build up to the World Cycling Road Race and time trials over next 4 days , would have been a full week of racing this year in Switzerland , but governing body switched to Italy and imola as the Swiss did not want crowds as they are trying to control the epidemic .
Take Care ,
Mick

Feelingmyage55 Wed 23-Sep-20 11:37:24

Good morning from a bright north of Scotland but my goodness it felt like winter when I went out for a stroll very early this morning. I say stroll because I walked so slowly enjoying the light and shade in the woods, the sun on the spiders webs and examine all the strange fungi that have sprung up overnight.
I have forgotten what it is like to go into a shop! Every time I pass our little shopping centre in the car I see queues for the car park and so many people that I am not brave enough to go in.
EVlovely to see you.
GG thank you for the flowers.

Taichinan Wed 23-Sep-20 11:25:23

Thank you for the flowers Grannygravy - they're beautiful and I'm sure they make you smile whenever you look at them!

CherryCezzy Wed 23-Sep-20 11:24:39

I took so long posting that you snuck in under my nose Ellan blush. Pleased you posted ☺️

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 23-Sep-20 11:18:00

Good Morning all from dull and wet Harrogate. Might do a bit more baking this am - my biscuits keep disappearing. I'm trying to get my DH to put on weight, but fail miserably, (I succeed in putting the weight on me!).
I have a wash on, but not much chance of being able to hang it out today.
DH took the car for servicing this am, to get home, he's just missed a bus so walked in the teeming rain (about 2 - 3 miles)
Hope you all will manage to make the best of the lousy weather and Covid rules. Stay well.

Doodle Wed 23-Sep-20 11:13:05

Marydoll hope your treatment is starting to work for you and the side effects lessen.

Doodle Wed 23-Sep-20 11:11:09

EV glad you continued to post. I think of your little Ruby-Lou often. I hope she’s ok and well cared for.
Maw so glad Hattie is home safely and nothing bad on the scans. Poor girl certainly needs a warm jumper of some kind.
gillybob hope you are ok.

MellowYellow Wed 23-Sep-20 11:10:00

Hooray EV, you came back. I don't know which prom you meant but my daughter is in New Brighton and she's always 'going down the prom' ha ha. There seem to be proms galore in your area. Very few in Cornwall! Maw, I would knit Hattie a coat if I lived near you/her.

Nortsat Wed 23-Sep-20 11:02:14

A late good morning Mick and the GM team from an overcast East London.

We enjoyed Bake Off last night on C4 and decided at the last minute to have a takeaway. It was nice that there was no cooking and little washing up.

We didn’t seem to hear anything about shielding being reintroduced in England, during yesterday’s updates. My partner and I are already being v careful so no change for us.

Good to see Ellan this morning.
It’s surprising how one individual with malicious intent can have such a negative impact.
Maw good news about Hattie, though I appreciate you and she still have a way to go. Bless her with her stripey tummy.
Lovely flowers GG
Lovely sky Ginster.

Good thoughts to Bluesapphire, Dragonfly, gilly and all who are facing challenges. Have a nice day GNs. ?

HAZBEEN Wed 23-Sep-20 10:47:07

Good morning all from Surrey!
Good to read you are back on form EV it wouldn't be the same without you!
Marydoll you are braver than me, crowded shops worry me now. I was never bothered years ago but after having a panic attack out of the blue in the centre of Torrevieja (Spain) about 15 years ago I have never felt the same about shopping, give me the internet anytime now!
Having said that I must venture into Staines and go to the bank at some stage, I have cheques to pay in and need to talk to someone about something, I cant seem to get through on the phone to them. Our local branch closed a couple of years ago so now have to travel to do anything banking, thank goodness we got the car this year as I couldnt face the bus.
Stay safe everyone, and best wishes to all having troubles at the moment.

CherryCezzy Wed 23-Sep-20 10:40:39

Good morning everyone from a damp Gower. I'm actually quite pleased as the garden needs it.

I'm on a mission today... I must finish sorting out bedroom out! I feel so tired all the time, completely lacking in energy. Must do better as they say ?

I do hope Ellan posts. I missed the naming and shaming but from yesterday have a good idea who it was. Don't stop posting here Ellan or else the bully wins!

Good news about Hattie Maw. I hope the vet comes up with the answer, Hattie is easily treated and back to her old self.

What a fiasco Georgesgran. It's no way for the NHS to proceed, it's adding stress for patients and loved ones. I hope you get answers soon and your DH's treatment can progress.

Umph, I'm miffed for you Marydoll. What a frustrating outing ?.

Fond wishes for our missing posters ?

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

Kalu Wed 23-Sep-20 10:39:33

Just read yesterday’s thread EV. Angry doesn’t cover it as this one has upset so many of us and is allowed to continue doing so!?

You are such a welcome part of my morning, don’t let that nasty smell that keeps coming back get to you. That tasty breakfast is sure to set you up for the day. Keep on keeping on.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful flowers and a welcome note of encouragement GrannyGravy. ?‍♀️

benjamina Wed 23-Sep-20 10:37:19

EV - you just made my day better. Really happy you came back smile

hulahoop Wed 23-Sep-20 10:31:56

Good morning from every set w/York's ,we had a drive to coast yesterday hard to believe it was 26degrees hope it isn't last of warm days ,I don't post everyday but I like to read your posts so don't know what upset you ellan vannin but don't stop posting take care everyone .

EllanVannin Wed 23-Sep-20 10:29:27

Aw, ladies, you're too kind.

EllanVannin Wed 23-Sep-20 10:28:00

Forgot to say that it's nice to think I live near relatives of both Sar and Mellowyellow. I'm quite close to the prom.
Also a couple of roads away from one of our gransnetters, who is a friend too who I've known for a number of years.

Urmstongran Wed 23-Sep-20 10:23:31

Hiya EV ? ?

Beauregard Wed 23-Sep-20 10:23:28

Good for you Ellan. It's raining but the day is already brighter. flowers

Grandmabatty Wed 23-Sep-20 10:21:06

Popping back to say, glad to see you EllanVannin enjoy the puzzles. Someone has maybe sent you a wee treat.

EllanVannin Wed 23-Sep-20 10:16:09

Good Morning All x
How can I not post seeing all the superb support ? Thank you All so much.

Rain ! A heavy sky and more to come, but we've done well overall I suppose and can't expect miracles at this stage although a dry bright Autumn would have been preferable.

A relief to learn that nothing nasty was going on with Hattie, Maw. She'll soon pick up. D's dog has got a bare behind after his op. the other week and half a shaved tail making him look like a lion or/ and a Baboon grin

After forgetting my password for Ocado, I found it online so will make a list of what I want ( on paper ) before submitting for delivery whenever it'll be. I thought I'd better get cracking with online deliveries before things get hectic later on.

Flu jab in the morning at 9am so an early dart, also INR at the same time so hope all's well there, it should be.
I want to arrange for D to have her jab too because of her work and also with her having the children. It'll hopefully give some protection.

It's a worry that D still has to travel up to Durham to see Ruby-Lou but has decided to stick with the car instead of going by train. The child looks forward to visits at weekends.
I just hope we don't have a rough winter---ice/snow.

Not much on the agenda today, a bit of tidying up and that's that. Saus., bacon,egg tomatoes and fried bread today. Can't you tell I'm using things up ? grin Tasty though.

I haven't yet looked to see what the virus is doing in my little corner of the map. I know one thing though, it's eerily quiet. It's not a noisy area at the best of times but it seems so silent with not a soul about.

I've just got two thick puzzle books and a pen by post. I didn't send for them and it has Magsdirect on the plastic bag. Ah well it'll keep me out of mischief for an hour or two.grin Is this actually something for nothing I ask myself ?

Hope everyone remains well and stay safe whatever you do.
Always thoughts to those who aren't so grand xx flowers
We'll all have to " struggle " a bit more so it would seem but we're all in it together and will support each other here.xx

Kalu Wed 23-Sep-20 10:11:56

Good morning all from another sunny day in Glasgow. If only we could have this weather for maybe another couple of months it would be a huge help for all to get through the months ahead.

I had an outing to Waitrose Marydoll and thought I was being risqué until I read where you got too. Ooft, you have lost the plot Mrs. not one for doing things in small measures, love it ? I did go further afield to the car wash across from Sainsbury’s, woohoo, then drove back through your town.

So relieved for you Maw and of course Hattie, that nothing sinister going on. Huge hugs for your lovely girl.

I have missed what is going on with you EV so will read yesterday’s thread and return. ?

I bought some magenta coloured cyclamen yesterday and will plant them in two baskets I have hanging from a tree which I can enjoy seeing from the kitchen window. Every little helps to keep me cheerful.

Best wishes to all for a pleasant day and thoughts of hope to our friends with struggles.

Mapleleaf Wed 23-Sep-20 10:06:47

P.S. Forgot to say that I'm pleased Hattie is home, and I hope the vet rings today with helpful advice for going forward.

Mapleleaf Wed 23-Sep-20 10:05:31

Good morning all,

Greyduster has our weather forecast to a 'T'. Such a contrast to yesterday, but it was forecast so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised, and it's good for the gardens. I ventured outdoors briefly and it didn't feel too chilly, but, of course, damp.

I've got some ironing to do today, but beyond that, after preparing a stew for the slow pot, I'm not sure what I'll be doing. I might make another batch of tomato chutney as I gathered a lot of tomatoes yesterday.

I hope you all have the best day possible. Take care, whatever you are doing. I'll keep a look out for your post, Ellen.

Grammaretto Wed 23-Sep-20 09:54:07

Thanks for the Suffolk sky Gingster! ours here in the Scottish Borders looks lovely and bright but it may be freezing outside.

Thank you for the flowers GrannyGravy I agree with your sentiments entirely.

So glad Hattie is home and probably doesn't have anything too serious Maw

We have a new even harder lockdown to cope with in Scotland. I am worried how my in-laws will manage if their daily helps can no longer come and we are shielded so can't help them. No visiting inside another house and no sharing a car with another household.
It's tough!
For those waiting for scan results or treatment of any kind, you have my best wishes.
Here's a ((hug)) for Gillybob too

Greyduster Wed 23-Sep-20 09:35:49

A late good morning, Michael and all GNs from a damp South Yorkshire. We had rain during the night a more set to fall by the look of it. Yesterday’s walk in the warm sun was a treat, but today the house is crying out for a clean, and it’s my turn to do the conservatory windows☹️. Meat and potato pie for dinner. Have a good safe day folks.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 23-Sep-20 09:29:49

I treated myself to some flowers and would like to share with all my Goodmorning friends with ills or troubles.

We can do this and come through the other side, hunker down for the winter, spring will arrive before we know it ?‍♀️