Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for kindly caring folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Wed 23-Sep-20 13:52:27

Oops! Sorry to have kept you waiting on the new doorstep. Come on in and let's celebrate our new kitchen. grin

soop Fri 23-Oct-20 13:47:33

lemongrove hmm a fireman sounds awfully tempting. I haven't had a lift over a shoulder for a very long time.

soop Fri 23-Oct-20 13:45:39

Susan I feel that we should all be able to do more to support you during your daughter's absence. We are here for you in spirit. I shall continue to check for further updates. flowers

Doodle As you rightly say, my cakes are legendary. I've literally dropped off a ton of something that forced it's way through the oven door. Strange stuff! Need to be dunked into frothing poteen before tasting. After which, you may wish to lie down in a darkened room. wink

ann you sound like a new woman. It really is a treat to hear that you are making gentle strides on the road to a full recovery.

soop Fri 23-Oct-20 13:35:50

Susan I am just catching up with your news. I am shocked to hear that your daughter is in hospital. Thank goodness that you are able to take care of Henry and Matilda in their mummy's absence. I shall catch up very soon.

soop Fri 23-Oct-20 13:30:37

A warm welcome to mama. The more the merrier. smile
I would have enjoyed a G&T last night. However, we try to restrict our intake of the merry-making stuff to Fri, Sat and Sunday. Therefore, tonight's the night. wine

Charleygirl5 Fri 23-Oct-20 13:27:58

ann a good job you are on the ball- I hope somebody is going to do it soon. I was lucky, my consultant used a type of glue which suited me fine. It sounds as though you are slowly getting back to normal-please stay out of the Argy tonight- I do not want you dislocating your new hip just because somebody, probably Doodle ( enticed you to dance on table tops.
TOYA

Doodle Fri 23-Oct-20 11:51:49

soop’s cakes are a specialty of the Argy and people come from miles around for them (quite a lot of builders actually ?)

Doodle Fri 23-Oct-20 11:50:33

Ah Kitty the party in the Argy is tonight not yesterday. Don’t be scared. You will be made welcome. Honestly ?
ann good to hear you are feeling better and in less pain. Hope you get your staples removed soon.
charley good news about Tara. That must be a relief.
See you tonight at the Argy.
Maw I hope you will be there too. I seem to remember you always light up your “topiary” at Christmas. ?
Lisagran has already popped in and made a somewhat spectacular entrance I may say ?

Doodle Fri 23-Oct-20 11:41:00

Susan I am so sorry. Your family have been through a lot. Hope your DD recovers quickly and is back home soon.
DH had intravenous antibiotics and fluids when he was in hospital last week with Sepsis. Made a big improvement to him very quickly. Take care

annsixty Fri 23-Oct-20 10:26:34

I am 14 days post-op today and since 9:03 am have been chasing up the District nurse about my staples being removed.
GP surgery no help, finally got through to hospital ward.
I am sure you don’t need telling that the referral seems to have “been lost”
Another one made today.

Why oh why do we have to do everything for ourselves?
I am fast losing any confidence in people to do their jobs.

NanaandGrampy Fri 23-Oct-20 10:04:07

MawB2

I won’t post a picture of what I am planning to wear lemongrove but hopefully topiary will not be a feature.

I saw a post of a ‘dress’ ( and I se the term loosley) on another thread you might want to consider Maw ???

lemongrove Fri 23-Oct-20 09:21:51

Yes, save the lit up topiary for our Christmas bash Maw??

MawB2 Fri 23-Oct-20 09:21:47

Sending my thoughts Susan and every hope that IV antibiotics do the trick. It is good that you are able to help with Matilda- one can feel so helpless at these times.
Keep the faith! flowers

MawB2 Fri 23-Oct-20 09:18:55

I won’t post a picture of what I am planning to wear lemongrove but hopefully topiary will not be a feature.

lemongrove Fri 23-Oct-20 09:17:03

It sounds as though many on here would benefit from a pint of our best foaming poteen, it’s Prison Breakout Nite this evening in honour of those rebels The Doghouse Four.
I know you have a lot on at the moment Soop but take an hour to bake us some rock cakes with files in them ( or just your usual rock hard victoria sponge will do.)?There will be a fireman there with your name on him.
Prison wear is optional, maybe just wear the everyday joggers and sweatshirt we have all come to know and love over Lockdown.?

dragonfly46 Fri 23-Oct-20 09:15:35

Sorry to hear your news Susan I hope the antibiotics do the trick.

Lovely to hear you are improving Ann and that Tara’s blood tests are better Charlie.

Charleygirl5 Fri 23-Oct-20 08:59:35

susan it is something you and your daughter can well do without. Antibiotics take 48 hours to fully kick in but with luck with the correct treatment, she will be up and about soon. Henry will be wondering what has happened to his nourishment.

kitty I said I would go to the Argy- there is zilch on TV for me but I will take my own food and drink, I cannot afford food poisoning at present.

The vet rang me late yesterday evening and I must be doing something right because Tara's blood results are slowly improving. She woke me before 5 am and has been superglued ever since.

Susan56 Fri 23-Oct-20 08:58:06

Thank you for all your supportive posts.

They have said IV fluids for four hours then the dr will reassess her.

cornergran Fri 23-Oct-20 08:23:14

Thinking of you susan, so sorry you’ve got this worry, get well wishes for your daughter.

You sound brighter ann, more than pleased you’re progressing so well.

Take care everyone.

Puzzler61 Fri 23-Oct-20 08:22:31

annsixty great to hear you are doing so well. Keep at it - it’s well worth it! ?

Puzzler61 Fri 23-Oct-20 08:19:49

What a worrying time for you Susan. Hope your daughter responds quickly to the hospital treatment and care. You’ll all get through this. ??

Grandmabatty Fri 23-Oct-20 07:40:17

Thinking of you Susan. I hope your daughter gets well soon.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 23-Oct-20 07:23:50

Susan thinking of you and your dear daughter, try not to worry thanks

kittylester Fri 23-Oct-20 07:20:55

TOYA!! Not TIYA. Fancy predictive text not knowing that word!

kittylester Fri 23-Oct-20 07:19:46

Susan, what a worry. I am so sorry you have this added worry. brew

Glad you are feeling so much better Ann and very glad to hear you have a date soop

Many happy returns to babyTopsy - it's scary isn't it. You did move to be closer to them Topsy!!

Sorry, I didn't take up the invite to the Argy Bargy - I find the prospect a bit scary! grin

Back later but TIYA.

annsixty Fri 23-Oct-20 06:46:15

Not good news to wake up to Susan I hope the infection is soon under control.
Is it our lot in life, as mothers, to be constantly worried about our families?

soop good news from you , so pleased you now have a date for your op.
Waiting for that phone call is so wearing as I know too well.
I am so grateful my own op is now behind me as I think in this area they will start to be cancelled again.

I am doing well now, progress has seemed slow but I am walking well and pain relief now down to a quarter of what was needed at the start.

Good wishes to all and have the best day you can.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion