Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Fri 25-Sep-20 06:13:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark again with the days drawing in , looks dry outside here in Brackley .
Nice easy day today , go early to supermarket , plus starting wear more suitable clothing with the season change , I will watch the world champs men's time trial from Imola , on the BBC red button as its uninterrupted coverage.
Take Care ,
Mick

NannyJan53 Fri 25-Sep-20 08:06:21

Good morning from a bright and sunny, albeit chilly Black Country.

Rang my Dentist practice yesterday, as I have heard nothing regarding my cancelled appointment in April for a filling. The last time I rang they said hopefully end of July as they were still waiting for PPE. I am now being told my Dentist will ring me on Monday (as apparently she only works one day a week now). Appointments are spaced every 2 hours, so who knows when I while finally get treatment!

Had a WhatsApp this morning from DD asking if I could babysit on a Saturday next June!! Nothing in my diary so far for that date smile She has booked to go to a gig. Who knows if that will even happen then?

Meeting a friend in our local garden centre cafe today for coffee and possibly cupcake smile. I have not seen her since just before lockdown, so will have a lot to catch up on.

You did your very best with your Mum Susan. I have heard of a couple of elderly people who have just carried on as normal during lockdown. My Brothers 94 year old neighbour was very offended when they offered to do her shopping and didn't talk to them for a few weeks. She said they were taking away her independence, and carried on shopping etc as normal.

Wishing you all a good Friday, with special thoughts of gilly

GrannyGravy13 Fri 25-Sep-20 08:08:05

Good morning Mick and all

Enjoy the cycling Mick

It is grey and pouring with rain here in S E Essex, so my plans of putting GC8 in the pram and walking for a couple of hours have been knocked on the head. He is nine months on 3/09 crawls so fast and now pulling himself up on everything and anything. We shall be exhausted by the time he goes home (we also pick his brother up from school)

Going to the Malaysian restaurant just up the road for dinner this evening, we have to wear a mask apart from sitting at the table, anything to keep the infection rate down. I have this internal feeling of doom that we shall be on a full lockdown in the near future.

gillybob thinking of you, your DH and missing your stories of little Evie Buttons ???

Marydol aren’t you meant to be taking things easy ?

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

GrannyGravy13 Fri 25-Sep-20 08:10:24

Beautiful cushion Sar53

Marydoll Fri 25-Sep-20 08:11:59

Grannygravy, that is me taking it easy! You should have seen me when I was in good health!?

Pittcity Fri 25-Sep-20 08:17:13

Good morning from a wet, windy Colchester. The heating bumped on this morning.
DH was supposed to be going away with a couple of friends this weekend for some hill walking. This has been cancelled so they are walking locally and coming back here for dinner. I am glad I decided to stay at home as the weather is awful.

mancgirl Fri 25-Sep-20 08:17:36

Morning from a sunny and breezy Manchester. Dil came for coffee yesterday afternoon and brought a bag of towels to wash, at my asking. They will be pegged out before the weather decides to change its mind. Had a lovely 6 mile walk through fields and along a canal with Mr M yesterday morning. The colours are just changing. Very beautiful, it cheered me up after feeling a anxious about things. Today meeting friends for lunch, nice start to the weekend. Would love to see Gilly's Friday girl today. Keep safe everyone. Have the best day you can. flowersfor those with extra cares and worries.

Oldbutstilluseful Fri 25-Sep-20 08:23:45

Good morning from a very grey day in N Hants. Plan for today. I haven’t been able to put flowers on a very dear friends grave this year, so I’ll be happy to visit today.

Sar53, be warned cross stitch can be addictive! I rediscovered it about 5 years ago when I was struggling with nightmare neighbours. Knitting and quilting hardly get a look in now!

Pantglas2 Fri 25-Sep-20 08:23:57

Another late morning all from me - good job Beechnut and GrandMattie are still on early shift!

I’m on bed ? changing duties with Jaxjacky today - the white flannelette is coming out early although I’ll leave the wool duvet until end of October when it gets a lot colder!

That Malaysian meal sounds dlishus GG13? - we’re not so blessed with exotic restaurants in north Wales! We’ve another week to go in quarantine but I may book an Indian for when we’re released!

Be nice to see Friday Girl aka Gillybob again and all our absent regulars popping in ?

Gingster Fri 25-Sep-20 08:27:33

Good morning and yes it’s pouring here on The Suffolk coast. The forecast for East Anglia is bad today. Rain and strong winds (especially strong on the coast) . Well I suppose it’s our time to have some weather as the North and Scotland haven’t had a good summer. Enjoy your sunshine!

We won’t be going out today but we have a couple of visitors popping in for a cuppa as they are this way for a long weekend. Another of our friends is coming with family just along the coast from us for a weeks holiday. Poor things - they’ll get blown out to sea. ?. Hope to get to see them.

Yesterday turned out a beautiful day. We went on a little ferry boat across to Old Felixstowe Harbour and had fish and chips on the sea wall. The sun shone and was warm (with a jacket on) . Back on the ferry and had ice cream on the beach. Little pooch had a lovely time and snoozed all evening. An unexpected pleasure.

Bought winter pansies yesterday and planted them up. A lovely splash of colour. Still got the alliums to go in.

Scentia your break away to Butlins sounds just the job. Especially with little GS.

Espee where In the world are you? Have I missed something?

Marydoll do you make your cobbler with mince or stewing beef?

A pleasant day to all. ??

Grandmabatty Fri 25-Sep-20 08:27:48

Good morning All from a cold Polmont. I'm Kate up today after a very sleepy day yesterday. I wonder if the sudden cold spell has put me off kilter? Nothing much planned for today. I might go to the garden centre. I made scones yesterday in one of my more productive moments, so I think a scone and jam later on. I also made a pizza so enough left for tonight and some to freeze. I've never mastered the knack of cooking only enough for one. Have a good day all.

Grandmabatty Fri 25-Sep-20 08:28:14

Late, not Kate.

Stilllearning Fri 25-Sep-20 08:33:40

Morning all from a bright but cold S Lanarkshire. Took down one set of curtains and took them to the dry cleaners yesterday, so another step forward in my 'nest enhancing' plan. Haven't manages to get a painter yet. A garden visit to my sister this afternoon, first since February. We speak on the phone but suddenly realised we better have a wee'face to face' just in case the winter is unforgiving. I'm looking forward to seeing her and her and my BiL.
Have a good day everyone and as always, thinking about those who need support. Sorry to hear about Bellasnana's friend's death, it is very hard to lose a dear friend.

Susan56 Fri 25-Sep-20 08:52:20

Thank you NannyJan.Mum was so strict in the first lockdown but now it’s as though anything goes.Its just over 100 mile round trip to see her so we aren’t able to pop in and see her as often as we would like.

Anniebach Fri 25-Sep-20 08:52:53

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Mapleleaf Fri 25-Sep-20 08:57:14

Good morning,

A rather cool and blustery one today, though dry for the moment.

What a pretty cushion, Sar53. We have some very talented GM's. ?

It sounds as if some of you had a really lovely day yesterday with your trips out. I think we have to take any opportunities we can (safely, of course) to help us through the coming months.

A fettling day in store for me today then settle down with my new book - My Garden World by Monty Don.

I hope today is good for you all, whatever your plans, and ? to all our missing posters.

harrigran Fri 25-Sep-20 08:57:39

Good morning from a cool but dry NE.
Another parcel expected before 11am and that is about as much excitement we will get here in lockdown.
My sister continues to be out and about every day in Germany, she has a social life we can only dream of.
Take care.

Gingster Fri 25-Sep-20 08:59:28

Stillearning -I love your nest enhancing plan for the tough winter we are expecting. What else are you doing? Give me some inspiration ! ?

Marydoll Fri 25-Sep-20 09:03:40

Gingster, I use stewing beef, I never thought of mince!

GrannyGravy13 Fri 25-Sep-20 09:04:41

Sorry to learn that you have lost your dear friend Bellasnonna ???

Gelisajams Fri 25-Sep-20 09:07:24

Good morning from a bright cool Morecambe Bay. Still not feeling quite right from my flu jab but will travel to see DS2 later and go for a short walk. He’s single and is in our bubble, but because he’s works and uses public transport we only meet him outside and go for a walk. Today is the last of his days off for a while. Poor DGD5 is off school again. She was in a couple of days then off with a lurgy. Thankfully she tested negative but one day back in school and her entire year group “bubble” are back home for another 2 weeks.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

grandMattie Fri 25-Sep-20 09:08:47

Pant, I sleep very badly and am usually awake by 0430 and certainly up by 0600. Usually wait for Mick to post, and get distracted... If I can, I have a nap Nap ? in the afternoon.

grandMattie Fri 25-Sep-20 09:09:26

Really sorry about your friend Bella

Urmstongran Fri 25-Sep-20 09:13:31

Sun’s up here! ?
Windy woo though.
Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s another beautiful morning ? not a cloud in the sky and the Mediterranean a deep cobalt blue.

I’m late - been on the phone to a friend (she’s an early bird!) so I’m posting now and will then enjoy my 2nd cuppa and read all your posts.

We have no plans. We sat in the gardens yesterday and I started a new book. Non fiction for a change. ‘Unnatural Causes’ by Richard Shepherd. He’s a forensic pathologist. Gosh he’s clever. All that training and to give evidence as an expert witness in the Crown Courts.

Hope Friday is good to us all. Himself has just suggested we breakfast downstairs at Juan’s - I’d better get a wriggle on! Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

NfkDumpling Fri 25-Sep-20 09:26:05

Morning All - and shurrup Urmston!

It's pelting it down here in the north of Norfolk - often horizontally - and we've got the heating on and need the lights on too!

Its a good book and phone chatting sort of a day. Tesco delivery this afternoon. I may clear out a cupboard.

GrannySomerset Fri 25-Sep-20 09:26:18

Need to get busy with preparations for DS and partner arriving late evening, starting with a supermarket trip once I have got DH up and sorted. Another disturbed night so neither of us is exactly sparkling, but at least we have something to look forward to.

Need to follow Marydoll’s brave example I think and not slump into self pity which does nobody any good. Thinking of all our regulars with illness, anxiety and disobedient elderly relatives to worry about.