Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Sat'Day

(3 Posts)
Rufus2 Sat 26-Sep-20 13:40:51

“Saturday Night is the Loneliest Night of the Week”, or it would be without Gransnet!

Jane Coincidentally our weekend newspaper, (yes, I still prefer it to e-news) has an item ” Philosophers have long wrestled with the mind-body problem, but hey social media’s solved it”
“Virtual Offence. Parks Australia has asked Google to remove images of the top of the sacred Indigenous site Uluru, which allow users to walk on its summit. Traditional owners have banned visitors from the top of the rock which has spiritual significance to Anangu, Uluru’s traditional owners.”
360 degree images of the summit effectively allow visitors to defy the ban.
There’s no mention of drones, but it’s a probability.
You wouldn’t think this would be allowed at Stonehenge would you, and who’s the “traditional owners”? Something for your next U3A meeting?

Callistemon you’ll be interested in that too! Otherwise, the scenery from the Ghan’s window over a 3 hour prog. would be much the same over the 3 day trip. There’s a similar prog. of the Indian Pacific crossing the Nullarbor to Perth.

Jaxsjacky Saw elsewhere that you have half an allotment! Are they still hard to come by? Ours was on a large block of them at the back of our house right up against the boundary of Windsor Great Park and forever being raided by pheasants. Never did catch one!
Despite frequent furious digging we never found any Roman coins or other trove; just the occasional beer bottle!
You wear thongs and flip-flops at the same time? Colour coordination could be a problem!

Megs Thanks for explaining “Rishi” Sounds like a term of endearment, but I wouldn’t want his job right now, sorting out the nation’s budget! Ours is constantly handing out money in multi-million dollar grants to various groups to keep the economy going. Our debt’s not going to be paid off in my lifetime, but none of the others were either!

Don’t know where Spice101 lives. She knows where I am when I offered her my curly locks to develop her new hairdresser skills, but our 5km. radius travel ban prevents her from doing a home visit! So I continue to look more and more like Father Time!

Our Health minister has resigned after the Inquiry finished yesterday over the Hotel quarantine fiasco; she’s protested it wasn’t her decision to hire private security, but it looks like she’s the “fall guy” Maybe more of the “I can’t remember” bunch will follow; a bit early for that yet!hmm
Tomorrow Premier Dan will tell us what restrictions will be eased, if any!. Hope our gardeners will be allowed to work again, even if only to mow lawns. and hairdressers of course!
Tried to postpone my podiatrist’s appointment due next week, but was told that I would be at the back of the queue plus they are allowed to do only urgent work. So next week it is!

Weather is freezing still, many showers, but we do get confirmation now and again that the sun is still there!
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Jaxjacky Sat 26-Sep-20 13:58:20

Hi Rufus, cold here but sunny. I went to look at half plot earlier and will accept it, I’ve been on a waiting list for nearly 2 years. I previously had one for 10 years, but gave it up in 2015 as we upped to France, 8 months of the year for 4 years. So, I have the lottie to plan and back garden, which is mainly a veg plot at the moment, as an ex project manager, I’ll enjoy it.
I’m very happy, I love growing veg and being outside the new plot is a 5 minute drive, it has high fencing (deer) and sunk fencing (rabbits), the exercise will do heart and soul good.
Your hair can keep your neck warm in the chilly winds..every cloud, I had mine chopped after lockdown, bit nippy, will find a scarf soon.

rafichagran Sat 26-Sep-20 14:31:21

Hi Rufus, its windy and grey here in greater London. Partner is watching football, and I have taken up residence in the settee, looking at Grannet at the moment, then going to get the kindle out.
I was going to take my Grandson out today, but unfortunately it got called off so I am making the most of having some free time.
Keep well.