Gransnet forums

Chat

Another photo album…..

(40 Posts)
returnofflyinghandbag Wed 30-Sep-20 18:33:07

Hi all,
As some of you may know, I've been filling a photo album -that my uncle bought me- over the past few months.
As it is almost full with 54 photos to go, he has bought me a new one.
Tomorrow I will send for 40 photos from a site where you pay only for delivery to put in the old one and next month I will buy 46 (you get 45 free a month but I'm paying for an extra one so there is no empty spaces on a page) and put 14 in the old one to finish it then put the remaining 32 in the new one.
I'm very grateful to him for buying me the albums and I'm very happy to have them as they always cheer me up. X

returnofflyinghandbag Fri 02-Oct-20 14:52:57

Why is there always snarkiness on my threads... x

Lexisgranny Thu 01-Oct-20 09:48:26

Sorry that was addresses to Vickysponge

Lexisgranny Thu 01-Oct-20 09:47:29

I agree that you are perfectly entitled to air your views, but I also agree that the tone of your response was unnecessary

Charleygirl5 Thu 01-Oct-20 09:35:45

Welcome Vickysonge I take it you must be fairly new because I do not think I have seen your name on other sites.

I do enjoy some of the other posts and at times I learn something.

Vickysponge Thu 01-Oct-20 09:19:42

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Charleygirl5 Thu 01-Oct-20 08:26:16

Lexisgranny Thu 01-Oct-20 07:16:59

BlueSky. I do agree about digital photos, it’s just not the same when you can’t handle them. I just hope the memory sticks in the boxes won’t get lost, but at least each little album in each box will be more difficult to mislay.

Grandma2213 Thu 01-Oct-20 01:20:39

I have 21 albums of photos taken since I was 18, mostly of my children plus at least 4 shoe boxes and a digital collection since 2007. I decided during lockdown to photograph selected prints and make personal digital albums for my children onto memory sticks or discs. It is a mammoth task to transfer them to the files as though most of the prints are dated and labelled that has to be transferred manually too. I get sidetracked all the time with the memories and sending some to friends and other family. I have also taken a birthday photo from each year of my DGC's lives to print out and make into a birthday card for this year (and the beginning of next). They have loved the ones I have made so far. Sometimes I wish I had never started!!!!!!

BlueSky Thu 01-Oct-20 00:35:32

Can’t beat old fashioned photo prints, digital somehow it’s not the same! Goodnight FH ?

Lexisgranny Wed 30-Sep-20 23:04:37

I too have digital ones in online albums but I have copied selections on to memory sticks for each member of my immediate family. They have all been put in fancy boxes with other bits and pieces, eg a copy of our family tree going back to the 1700s so far. There is one box each. I hope long after I am “kicking up daisies” it will help to answer questions they wish had been asked when I was with them. The number of times I have thought “Why on earth didn’t I ask someone about that?”

May7 Wed 30-Sep-20 22:47:09

My problem with photos are that are in packets in boxes and boxes and Ive never got round to putting them in albums . Rarely look at them but Gcs love to sift through them. One day I hope they will sort them for me. My digital ones are all in online albums though

JenniferEccles Wed 30-Sep-20 22:20:53

Photographs are so precious aren’t they?

I have masses, not just of my children when they were small but also bags full of my parents ones including some of my father taken during the war.

It always used to be the advice to grab as many photographs as possible in the event of a house fire as they are irreplaceable.

I really must sort them out.

Vickysponge Wed 30-Sep-20 22:10:21

returnofflyinghandbag Wed 30-Sep-20 22:10:06

May7

My little GCs love to collect their favourite photos and stick them in Albums so maybe the younger generation have decided the digital isnt the way for them. Full circle and all that.
Scrapbooking sounds fun lexisgranny I think I'll mention that to them

Awwww it's so heartwarming to see the children getting excited about photos, isn't it? I still get excited at my age. grinx

MissAdventure Wed 30-Sep-20 22:09:53

Oh, I didn't realise the thread was elsewhere by the time I posted.

MissAdventure Wed 30-Sep-20 22:08:28

It does sound quite absorbing.
I always enjoy those sorts of activities with the people I support.

I start off all reluctant, then get carried away with it.

MawB2 Wed 30-Sep-20 22:08:11

Vickysponge Wed 30-Sep-20 22:06:49

May7 Wed 30-Sep-20 22:06:19

grin. Takes me right back to the brownies

Lexisgranny Wed 30-Sep-20 22:02:59

May7. You will find that you are turning into a Womble, saving bits of ribbon, lace, beads, leaves etc to press for them!

May7 Wed 30-Sep-20 21:59:21

My little GCs love to collect their favourite photos and stick them in Albums so maybe the younger generation have decided the digital isnt the way for them. Full circle and all that.
Scrapbooking sounds fun lexisgranny I think I'll mention that to them

Vickysponge Wed 30-Sep-20 21:53:13

returnofflyinghandbag Wed 30-Sep-20 21:50:07

This post was fine but it quoted a previously deleted post.

Charleygirl5 Wed 30-Sep-20 21:44:26

returnofflyinghandbag Wed 30-Sep-20 21:39:52

Lexisgranny

As Feelingmyage55: says I am sure you would enjoy scrapbooking. You say you are artistic, and it’s a great hobby for the winter nights ahead. I had albums belonging to my mother and grandmother that were falling apart, so I designed scrapbook pages around the photos and added some detail about the person in the photograph and I now have a pretty record going back over a hundred years. Try it - it’s fun,

That sounds lovely. X