Gransnet forums

Chat

Second lockdown

(132 Posts)
12Michael Thu 01-Oct-20 08:43:16

I do not think Boris makes himself clear when he is talking , considering its broadcast from number 10 , observations seen are those other guest speakers so to speak .
The lack of face masks worn by them and Boris, who needs a microphone attached to him so his words can heard plus onscreen display as to what is spoken is shown many minutes after it is said .
I am ready for another Lockdown , even if I go out , I return home and sort of self isolate myself in my flat , the panic signals as to some items in supermarkets as yet the return of queing is yet to restart .
visits to other places like I do Bicester is well signposted as to 2 metre distancing , yet my home town as little trace .
One thing , they cannot clarify is people movement between hotspots and places that are not , there seems to be a general relaxation as to any form of discipline as to controlling things .
Mick

Jaxjacky Thu 01-Oct-20 08:41:19

It feels different Katyj a sense of the unknown, trying to plane and prepare, but for what? Here in Hampshire we have relatively low cases, but climbing, life is not the same as a year ago, but much improved on lockdown. We still see children and grandchildren but far less than usual, one bbq, planning a garden takeaway in a couple of weeks. No hugs, we’ve had no physical contact with any of them. As for Christmas, which we always spend together, who knows, we are 6, but I suppose the adage ‘hope for the best, plan for the worst’ comes to mind.

Furret Thu 01-Oct-20 08:36:05

It was inevitable but I’m sure things can and will get worse,

Pantglas2 Thu 01-Oct-20 08:30:45

I’m coming out of a fortnight quarantine tomorrow but Lockdown starts this evening in Conwy County so no seeing folks indoors for us!

I’m glad I had ten weeks in Spain after the initial three month lockdown and will just accept this as a necessary evil if it keeps vulnerable folks safe.

MellowYellow Thu 01-Oct-20 08:24:52

I can't believe how naive I was thinking the first lockdown would be the end of it! We're not threatened with it here (yet) in Cornwall, but I feel quite fed up with the way things keep changing, and I don't usually get fed up!!!

Gingster Thu 01-Oct-20 07:37:24

Yes I agree it does seem worse this time. It was all a novelty in the Spring but we were under the impression that once it went away, that would be it. All back to normal. But I can’t see it going away. After lockdowns ease it will all come back again and with students going back and forth to their homes, it spreading the virus nationwide again. My GD is one of them. Although I’d love to see her , it would be foolhardy to say the least . Oh dear!

Katyj Thu 01-Oct-20 07:28:58

It feels a whole lot worse this time around. Suppose it could be because the first time it was all new to us, the sun was shining, and learning to use FaceTime was a novelty ? . This time it’s just upsetting, boring and depressing, been there got the t shirt.
Everybody Seems to be talking about Christmas, ordering food, how do they know if their going to be together ? Is it just me being negative. Should I assume we’re going to be able to see the grandchildren soon.
If your in Liverpool and can see your family today ,see them. We only had 6 hours notice, if we’d have know we’d have had a last visit.
The reason it’s spreading so much up here is ,not many people are abiding by the rules.I work with five grandmas similar age to me, not one of them have stopped seeing their families only one picks up from school So in a support childcare bubble, it’s very hard listening to them day in day out.
At least at the moment ,thank goodness we are all well fingers crossed. Sorry for the moan ?