Gransnet forums

Chat

Today is our ruby wedding anniversary.

(37 Posts)
Katek Sun 04-Oct-20 11:56:04

I’ve had a lovely morning - video calls from all the dc, one of whom is
also coming over for a garden visit later. Flowers delivered from Dh and also the delivery in the pic from dd2. Totally fooled Dh - he thought they were real flowers! Some talented people out there. smile

Doodledog Sun 04-Oct-20 17:14:02

Congratulations!

Ours is in November, and we had booked a mini break, but I suspect that won't be happening now.

Katek Sun 04-Oct-20 21:32:19

Thanks for all your good wishes - much appreciated. We’ve actually had a very memorable and fun day despite restrictions. Dd1 and dgd appeared with take out lunch from local hotel - sandwich (without crusts!) scones with jam and cream, cakes and chocolates. Very delicious! We sat outside in what we call the Special Chairs. (Will find pic) She also delivered the family gift which was a Portal- a device you connect to your tv and allows messenger, What’sApp calls onto your tv screen so your callers’ pics are much bigger. Does other things as well but still working my way through the manual! We made arrangements for the three of them to video call at 7.30 but when we got the call there was my entire family and my two closest friends! It was such good fun - we certainly won’t forget this anniversary. I actually think that this has been more memorable than going out for family meal. Now tired out!

PinkCakes Sun 04-Oct-20 21:37:51

KateK Congratulations. It sounds as though you've had a nice day.

My ruby wedding anniversary was in May - we had a few days booked in Scarborough, but that was cancelled, of course. Instead, we went for a walk around a country park with our eldest son and his 2 children, and we had cake when we got back.

Spangler Sun 04-Oct-20 21:42:09

Happy Ruby Anniversary, forty years, where did they go? I can tell you from experience that now is the time to start planning the golden one.

You will turn around, cough twice and the next thing you know it's 2010 and you'll be posting:
Today is our golden wedding anniversary. So just enjoy.
A very happy anniversary to you both.

DillytheGardener Sun 04-Oct-20 21:55:19

Congratulations. Those cupcakes are gorgeous what flavour are they?

Greyduster Sun 04-Oct-20 21:59:16

I’ve only just seen this and wanted to say I hope you had a very Happy Ruby Anniversary!???

Hellogirl1 Sun 04-Oct-20 22:10:34

Happy Anniversary

Luckygirl Sun 04-Oct-20 22:52:37

I hope you have had a lovely day.

maddyone Sun 04-Oct-20 23:16:17

I’m sorry, I’m a bit late to this thread, but congratulations on your Ruby Wedding. I’m glad to hear that you’ve had a lovely day. ????

V3ra Sun 04-Oct-20 23:34:17

It all sounds wonderful Katek and those cakes certainly had me fooled as well! Congratulations to you both ?

Puzzled Tue 06-Oct-20 15:42:21

Belated Congratulations

Hope that you both had a wonderful time on the day.
This is splendid news when so many marriages founder for various reasons.
Enjoy the years and experience that are to come.