Gransnet forums

Chat

Puzzling things about men - just for fun

(48 Posts)
LadyBella Mon 05-Oct-20 19:18:14

Some things puzzle me about men. For example:
How can even the smallest man lift just about anything?
How can a man get into any car and drive it straight away?
Why don't men need to go to the loo on long journeys?
How can some men walk around in T-shirts in the middle of winter?
How does a man immediately know when a ball is offside?
Anyone got any more?

Curlywhirly Tue 06-Oct-20 12:59:09

Well said Elgran (post of 9.02). I have 2 sons and 1 husband, all of them always hungry; they constantly gaze into the fridge; (sons no longer live with us, but on visiting it's the first thing they do). However, each time they have a peek, they pinch either a slice of ham or a cheddar slice, they never come away empty handed ? Only buy pork pies at Christmas time and I have to hide them in the veg draw!

sodapop Tue 06-Oct-20 12:23:28

Oh yes rockgran and its so boring, one friend even told us what the gravel was like in another country.

My husband listens Missfoodlove but doesn't hear, I can always tell by the expression on his face that its not sinking in.
Obviously I am practically perfect in every way.

trustgone4sure Tue 06-Oct-20 12:16:53

Spot on seacliff.
So,men say alot of things about women which are mostly true and it`s water off a ducks back to me.
We are different and that`s why we complement each other.

Gwyneth Tue 06-Oct-20 12:09:57

But can you parallel park grumppa. I’m hopeless and yet men seem to be able to manage it with no trouble at all and some women of course!!! But many of my female friends tend to struggle a bit as I do !!!

grumppa Tue 06-Oct-20 10:47:30

I admit most of the soft impeachments, but I do not open the fridge regularly to stare at the contents, and since my paunch began to protrude beyond my chest I have not worn a t shirt in ANY circumstances.

B9exchange Tue 06-Oct-20 10:40:34

How true Rockgran. But even worse, why do I have to listen attentively to every last detail of the dream he had last night? ?

rockgran Tue 06-Oct-20 10:32:46

Just a lighthearted observation. In my experience I find that lots of men like to discuss the minutia of their journey to an event or meeting whereas I, a woman, really don't care! hmm

Gwyneth Tue 06-Oct-20 10:13:38

My sons do that all the time Missfoodlove ?

Gwyneth Tue 06-Oct-20 10:11:08

Yes well said Elegran .

Missfoodlove Tue 06-Oct-20 09:48:11

How can a man nod and agree during conversation then deny you ever gave him the information?

TerriBull Tue 06-Oct-20 09:30:46

Eggactly lemon although they aren't in the fridge in our house

lemongrove Tue 06-Oct-20 09:24:30

It’s typo Tuesday!

lemongrove Tue 06-Oct-20 09:23:35

Sorry about the extra ‘be’ that crept in?

lemongrove Tue 06-Oct-20 09:22:23

Let’s keep it lighthearted as it was meant to be be byLadyB
Puzzling but affectionate thoughts/anecdotes ?

TerriBull in talking to friends their husbands/sons are all the same with the fridge.Whereas we never do it ( just taking out ingredients to cook or milk for tea etc.)

GrannyGravy13 Tue 06-Oct-20 09:20:34

Oops flipping iPhone * a d should read and!

GrannyGravy13 Tue 06-Oct-20 09:19:05

Totally get the gazing into the fridge frequently thing. Since lockdown DH has done the lions share of the shopping, unfortunately he still has absolutely no idea of the contents of cupboards, fridge or freezers.........but has a bottle by bottle a d can by can inventory of the beer & wine fridge??

Bathsheba Tue 06-Oct-20 09:13:36

Well said Elegran, so good to hear the voice of reason on this thread.

Callistemon Tue 06-Oct-20 09:08:20

Elegran

Nice one!
?

Elegran Tue 06-Oct-20 09:04:36

Caption? Captain!

Elegran Tue 06-Oct-20 09:02:58

Instead of shooting Ladybella down in flames for asking these (not altogether serious but totally harmless) questions, why don't all these opinionated women try answering them?

How can even the smallest man lift just about anything? Testosterone. It works on men's muscles at puberty so that they get stronger with a minimum of use. No testosterone means it takes a lot more use to get the same lifting power. Levels vary in both men and women, as do the incidence of bald heads and moustaches.
How can a man get into any car and drive it straight away? They can't. They think they can because no-one has ever told them they can't, so they have the confidence to just do it.
Why don't men need to go to the loo on long journeys? They don't carry and give birth to babies. Iin any case, if they do need they can nip behind a hedge.
How can some men walk around in T-shirts in the middle of winter? Where there's no sense, there's no feeling.
How does a man immediately know when a ball is offside? Years on a freezing school playing field being sworn at by the caption of his side for getting it wrong.

Oldwoman70 Tue 06-Oct-20 08:57:25

None of the comments made by the OP were denigrating men - in fact she comes across as envious!

coastiepostie Tue 06-Oct-20 08:50:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TerriBull Tue 06-Oct-20 08:49:50

lemongrove

How can men not know what’s in the fridge? If they did know they wouldn’t regularly open the door and stare hopefully into it several times a day.A large pork pie isn’t going to suddenly materialise in it.

That resonated with me lemon, my two sons when visiting still can't throw off the habits of a lifetime in the urge to open the fridge and stare into it, in with an expression I can only describe as a mournful deep longing sad possibly in their dreams, a large pork pie could be lying in the depths undiscovered. Alas! it seems those yearnings are destined to be unfulfilled, except possibly at Christmas which comes but once a year, but possibly not in 2020! sad

Gwyneth Tue 06-Oct-20 08:47:55

My comment not aimed at you Luccajust a general observation when I read threads. Am surprised at the vindictiveness at some of the responses. I rarely make any comments these days for that reason. Thought this thread would be a bit more light-hearted apparently not.

Gwyneth Tue 06-Oct-20 08:43:37

Exactly seacliff just a bit of fun that we all need in the current climate