Gransnet forums

Chat

Puzzling things about men - just for fun

(47 Posts)
LadyBella Mon 05-Oct-20 19:18:14

Some things puzzle me about men. For example:
How can even the smallest man lift just about anything?
How can a man get into any car and drive it straight away?
Why don't men need to go to the loo on long journeys?
How can some men walk around in T-shirts in the middle of winter?
How does a man immediately know when a ball is offside?
Anyone got any more?

geekesse Mon 05-Oct-20 19:42:52

Yet another thread starter that hangs on a load of outdated stereotypes...

NotAGran55 Mon 05-Oct-20 20:04:58

I must be a man then!

GagaJo Mon 05-Oct-20 22:22:32

Oh I dunno. A macho Spanish student of mine insists on walking around, shirt off. I threatened to take mine off too, upon which thought he winced.

Lucca Mon 05-Oct-20 22:26:41

geekesse

Yet another thread starter that hangs on a load of outdated stereotypes...

I’m inclined to agree with you. It will also lead to comments about misandry. By the way where is Grandad 1943?

LadyBella Mon 05-Oct-20 22:34:49

Oh, get a life. It's only a bit of fun. Outdated stereotypes? Just the truth.

Gwyneth Mon 05-Oct-20 22:41:51

The original poster said it was ‘just for fun’. Is that not allowed on this site any more?

Lucca Mon 05-Oct-20 22:49:30

Of course it’s allowed but I’m just saying what I think will be the reaction.

suziewoozie Mon 05-Oct-20 22:52:03

It’s perfectly possible to have fun without resorting to stereotypes. And yes, where is Grandad ?

lemongrove Mon 05-Oct-20 22:55:13

How can men not know what’s in the fridge? If they did know they wouldn’t regularly open the door and stare hopefully into it several times a day.A large pork pie isn’t going to suddenly materialise in it.

Gwyneth Mon 05-Oct-20 22:59:23

Makes a change from all the heavy political stuff anyway. But hey I know my place so that’s the end of that I guess.

suziewoozie Mon 05-Oct-20 23:28:36

Employing sexist stereotypes is political Gwyneth. The damage that sexism has done and does do to society is serious. Not a laughing matter

Callistemon Mon 05-Oct-20 23:36:46

What's wrong with women that they don't understand the offside rule?

⚽️?‍♀️?‍♂️

Callistemon Mon 05-Oct-20 23:37:53

Is that not allowed on this site any more?

Yes but you may get told off
?

Gwyneth Tue 06-Oct-20 08:18:26

Yes realised that pretty quickly? and also that you’re not allowed to express an opinion that differs from the ‘playground bullies’ ???

suziewoozie Tue 06-Oct-20 08:23:34

Gwyneth

Yes realised that pretty quickly? and also that you’re not allowed to express an opinion that differs from the ‘playground bullies’ ???

FFS what utter crap- do you want me to remind you what you really can’t do?

Juliet27 Tue 06-Oct-20 08:26:47

How can men not know what’s in the fridge? If they did know they wouldn’t regularly open the door and stare hopefully into it several times a day.

lemongrove that’s a bit like signing into gransnet regularly to see if there’s anything exciting there!

Pantglas2 Tue 06-Oct-20 08:26:54

Well that didn’t take long did it......

seacliff Tue 06-Oct-20 08:28:30

LadyBellas comments are not against men at all, she is just stating what she has observed. And she did add "just for fun" so you'd hope grumpy people wouldn't bother commenting and go to one of the many other more downbeat threads. Unlikely though.

For me, there is truth in that book, men are from Mars, Women from Venus. And Vive la difference!

Lucca Tue 06-Oct-20 08:28:53

Lucca

Quoting myself to point out that there was no bullying!!

kittylester Tue 06-Oct-20 08:30:26

Er, I understand the offside rule! ??

suziewoozie Tue 06-Oct-20 08:31:56

Lucca

Lucca

Quoting myself to point out that there was no bullying!!

Bullying on GN = being called out by several posters when you were completely wrong. Nice GN = being able to say what you want no matter how wrong without bring criticised.

Gwyneth Tue 06-Oct-20 08:43:37

Exactly seacliff just a bit of fun that we all need in the current climate

Gwyneth Tue 06-Oct-20 08:47:55

My comment not aimed at you Luccajust a general observation when I read threads. Am surprised at the vindictiveness at some of the responses. I rarely make any comments these days for that reason. Thought this thread would be a bit more light-hearted apparently not.

TerriBull Tue 06-Oct-20 08:49:50

lemongrove

How can men not know what’s in the fridge? If they did know they wouldn’t regularly open the door and stare hopefully into it several times a day.A large pork pie isn’t going to suddenly materialise in it.

That resonated with me lemon, my two sons when visiting still can't throw off the habits of a lifetime in the urge to open the fridge and stare into it, in with an expression I can only describe as a mournful deep longing sad possibly in their dreams, a large pork pie could be lying in the depths undiscovered. Alas! it seems those yearnings are destined to be unfulfilled, except possibly at Christmas which comes but once a year, but possibly not in 2020! sad