Gransnet forums

Chat

Dreams and interpretation.

(30 Posts)
Missfoodlove Wed 07-Oct-20 09:53:18

I am a vivid dreamer, my dreams reflect what’s happening in my life.
For example a recurring dream I have is me driving a car with no brakes, clearly I’m losing control of a situation!

So last night I dreamt I was teaching Princess Margeret how to use a zebra crossing.

Any ideas? ?

Jane10 Wed 07-Oct-20 15:28:12

A key thing to think about when looking back at dreams is how you felt during them. I have odd convoluted dreams which, in the cold light of dawn, might sound worrying but I was quite happy all the time I was dreaming.
I sometimes have predictive dreams. They seem odd at the time but I don't realise how relevant they were until the event occurs. They have been about fairly mundane things at times but sometimes big serious ones.

trustgone4sure Wed 07-Oct-20 15:26:36

OMG BlueSky,i have the very same dream pretty much every night.
I googled "why do i keep dreaming about loosing my bag".
The information given back was REALY interesting and by the way very accurate.
As a child i dreamt on many occasions that i was flying through the bedroom window and Rupert the bear and his hoppoes were trying to catch me.
They realy are strange things.

MissAdventure Wed 07-Oct-20 15:20:39

No, I haven't, thankfully.
Most of my recurring themes are unpleasant, to say the least.
Perhaps I have "issues"?

Aldom Wed 07-Oct-20 15:17:30

MissAdventure in your experience of recurring dreams have you ever found yourself in the exact situation in real life. Something similar to the dream, followed by a real life experience, I described up thread about Princess Margaret. Eventually, after many years of the recurring dream it happened in real life. Then the dream never comes back.

Jimjam1 Wed 07-Oct-20 14:31:57

I had a dream that I was pregnant and actually going through contractions only to wake up suddenly with the urge to go to the loo. What a relief ???

MiniMoon Wed 07-Oct-20 14:23:44

I must dream as everyone does, but I hardly ever remember them.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I cannot summon up a picture in my minds eye. Try as I might, all I have is a black emptiness.

MissAdventure Wed 07-Oct-20 13:52:50

I very often dream about having a baby.
No idea why, because I'm not overly keen on them.

Beechnut Wed 07-Oct-20 13:43:47

Last night I dreamt that we met up with the person who introduced me to DH. He put a baby boy into my arms for me to keep and I said “Would you mind if I named him Philip? “.
?

Esspee Wed 07-Oct-20 13:18:46

I am quite jealous. I know I dream but almost never remember anything.
Perhaps I am repressing even my dreams.?

Jaxjacky Wed 07-Oct-20 13:16:22

I have vivid dreams that I usually remember, too long and involved to repeat here, often involve friends and family, rarely scary. My husband is used to me repeating a load of what seemed logical in a dream as nonsense when vocalised, I did wake him up screaming/shouting a few weeks ago though!

Smileless2012 Wed 07-Oct-20 13:14:48

Since being estranged by our youngest son, if he's ever in my dreams it's either as a boy aged 8 or 9 or if as a man in his early 30's, he doesn't look like him but I know it is!!

harrigran Wed 07-Oct-20 13:02:27

My dreams are usually influenced by things I have seen on TV or who I have been talking to.
The other night I was on the moon riding a quad bike, no space suit or oxygen.

MissAdventure Wed 07-Oct-20 12:37:11

I have 4 or 5 recurring dreams, and have had for all my adult life.

Aldom Wed 07-Oct-20 12:32:08

I had a recurring dream over several years. In the dream I was in a room with Princess Margaret. In the 1970's I was invited to the opening of a new department in a teaching hospital. Princess Margaret performed the opening ceremony. I spent about an hour in various rooms as Princess Margaret was shown round. Never had the dream since.

henetha Wed 07-Oct-20 12:13:02

They are fascinating aren't they. That workshop must have been interesting. I cetainly find that I can be aware that I'm dreaming. Sometimes mine are violent and frightening and I can feel myself willing it to stop. And if I wake up and later go back to sleep I often find that the dream continues.
I'm glad your dreams are happy. Mine sometimes are, but I have lots of scary ones. And ones about people I miss.

MissAdventure Wed 07-Oct-20 12:07:24

I haven't had a nice dream for ages.
I've also had really detailed ones.
I dreamed the whole of a 12.5 hour busy shift at work, and was exhausted by the time i woke up to face the real thing!

BlueSky Wed 07-Oct-20 12:06:40

Thanks Illte that’s interesting!
Wow Paddyanne such detailed and amazing dreams!

Illte Wed 07-Oct-20 12:04:15

I have several dreams a night henetha generally happy ones. I do remember them and like to review them when I wake.

The workshop I went on also taught lucid dreaming where you can be aware that you are dreaming and change your dream. I can't do that often though.

I love dreams?

Grannynannywanny Wed 07-Oct-20 11:58:42

paddyanne that was certainly a weird and very detailed dream!
I always find I have my weirdest dreams if I go back to sleep after waking in the early hours.

henetha Wed 07-Oct-20 11:57:40

Hi Illte. I don't feel exhilarated. I'm usually climbing a tree in this dream, watching the water swirl around under me and I'm scared. Do you dream often?

Illte Wed 07-Oct-20 11:54:06

Oh I have the big wave one lots. But I am never frightened, more interested and exhilarated.

How do you feel?

henetha Wed 07-Oct-20 11:50:48

I'd challenge anyone to interpret my dreams, they are so mudled. But I do have two recurring ones. One is about a tidal wave and in the other one I am invisible.

Illte Wed 07-Oct-20 11:47:26

Then I suggest that this is actually a dream about achievement, a task you find challenging a bit out of your comfort zone, but where you have experienced/are reassuring yourself you will experience a positive outcome.

I went on a two day dream workshop. It was fascinating ?

BlueSky Wed 07-Oct-20 11:07:25

Mine are text book anxiety dreams, I lose my bag with all my important stuff: keys, phone, card etc or I need to get in touch with DH to warn him of impending danger but I’m unable to use my phone.

Missfoodlove Wed 07-Oct-20 11:05:38

Illte,I think she was very pleased with her instruction!!

Elegran, a lot of thought went in to that reply... I like your interpretation.

Paddyanne, amazing, too much cheese?