Gransnet forums

Chat

Let’s have a “shout out “. Just 1 sentence must be positive ?

(135 Posts)
Missfoodlove Thu 15-Oct-20 18:58:01

I will start with.....

DIL to be lost 9kg!???

sharon103 Wed 21-Oct-20 14:47:01

Ordered the Turkey, Yay!

NotAGran55 Wed 21-Oct-20 14:43:25

My football ⚽️ team are Top Of The League ?

A big shout out of thanks too to Middlesbrough FC for their help ?

travelsafar Mon 19-Oct-20 11:39:29

My beloved sister is finally starting to loose weight , she says something has 'clicked in her brain' and she knows she must loose about 4stones. Long may it 'click' bless her, love her so much.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 19-Oct-20 11:34:50

Marydoll

Whitewavemark2

My vegetable trugs we bought late summer have been so successful so far I am really impressed with them.

WWM you have now put me in the notion for buying some. I'm finding bending so difficult.

Honestly they are brilliant! We spoiled ourselves and have bought 2 medium, ( there is no large) so far I can’t remember the last time I bought salad, we can pick at the moment, spinach, chard, carrots, spring onion, beetroot. We have growing, peas, broad beans spring cabbage, Japanese spinach, onions, garlic and shallots.
We started at the very end of July
It is called square foot gardening and when you’ve harvested a square foot, you simply replenish the compost -we add fish blood and bone and off you go again. I have this chart to make sure I’m rotating the veg, properly.

It is incredibly easy, and fun.

vampirequeen Mon 19-Oct-20 10:51:48

Chocolate is a bean so is technically a fruit. Therefore chocolate is one of your five a day.

Callistemon Mon 19-Oct-20 09:58:50

The wood has arrived so that we (DH) can finish tiering the veg garden.
Not the best time to suggest trugs, perhaps!

Aldom Mon 19-Oct-20 08:40:38

Alpacas and llamas do spit, but only when they are distressed. Camels spit when they are annoyed. Alpacas are gentle animals. Often see them on The Yorkshire Vet TV programme.

Marydoll Mon 19-Oct-20 08:31:09

Whitewavemark2

My vegetable trugs we bought late summer have been so successful so far I am really impressed with them.

WWM you have now put me in the notion for buying some. I'm finding bending so difficult.

Charleygirl5 Mon 19-Oct-20 08:23:44

Lisagran are alpacas friendly or do they just spit? I do not fancy that but if they are friendly I quite fancy seeing them.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 19-Oct-20 06:17:21

Callistemon Sun 18-Oct-20 23:06:39

kittylester

My friend's daughter keeps llamas (or alpacas!) My friend would rather she had children.

My friend had alpacas, I think I posted previously that she found them a bit much to handle when she got to 90!
I think llamas are the spitters, Chewbacca.

The scones were nice.
My rhodendron (mentioned a while ago on another thread) is looking better, much greener.
I am always wary of speaking too soon.

cornergran Sun 18-Oct-20 21:09:56

My tooth stopped hurting. smile.

Justwidowed Sun 18-Oct-20 21:00:58

Had a long video call with my sister,makes a difference actually seeing her instead of just speaking .,thank God for WhatsApp.

Marydoll Sun 18-Oct-20 20:53:05

We have a copper one, but used it to make a solar fountain.
We were accusing my wee DGD of emptying it, as it was always empty, until we discovered it had tiny pin prick holes in it! It now houses bedding plants! grin

Lisagran Sun 18-Oct-20 20:44:28

Ooh, enjoy the fire pit, Marydoll, I love ours!

Had a lovely day today - Flea market first thing, then an antiques market later - my idea of heaven smile

FlyingHxndbag Sun 18-Oct-20 20:42:13

Thanks all. X
flowersflowersflowers

Marydoll Sun 18-Oct-20 20:39:51

I have just treated myself to a fire pit, as I think it will be a cold winter....in the garden with my family! I'm trying to be positive! wink

Lisagran Sun 18-Oct-20 20:38:01

I hope you have a great time, FlyingHxndbag. Look forward to the photos!

Marydoll Sun 18-Oct-20 20:36:49

kittylester

My friend's daughter keeps llamas (or alpacas!) My friend would rather she had children.

Kitty, but she may get children who spit, so she wouldn't be any better off!!! wink

kittylester Sun 18-Oct-20 20:35:30

Kalu Sun 18-Oct-20 20:27:12

Goodness no Flying I would hate to be responsible for spoiling your surprise although I do know which one it is?You will have a lovely time there though?

Lisagran Sun 18-Oct-20 20:23:06

I confess, Callistemon, that I though you rode on them! When you ‘trek’ you walk alongside them. Daughter didn’t really fancy it - she was given a voucher - but actually loved it!

Aldom Sun 18-Oct-20 20:17:09

Enjoy the Alpaca farm FH. Alpacas are much nicer than llamas. I was a bit confused about the village, but understand now, since your last post.

Marydoll Sun 18-Oct-20 20:14:20

vampirequeen

Still not had to put the central heating on.

Lucky you. Ours has been on for days!!?

On the other hand DD says their neighbours below, have the heating so high, it is 24 degrees in their flat and they don't need theirs on! Now that's a positive!

vampirequeen Sun 18-Oct-20 20:09:57

Still not had to put the central heating on.