Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(96 Posts)
12Michael Fri 16-Oct-20 06:13:08

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, the paths are wet , but also cold outside .
Today , small shop and then settle down and watch TV later .
Yesterdays trip out , Both Buckingham and Bicester were quiet in the amount of people out, the cafe where I have a coffee and snack in Bicester , the bakery shop it is at the rear of very few customers , maybe in general despite the alert levels people are treating it as a general lockdown.
Take Care ,
Mick

dragonfly46 Fri 23-Oct-20 13:28:13

I know Mary fooled me too!!!

Marydoll Fri 23-Oct-20 13:20:47

This is the wrong Friday!?

EBear Fri 23-Oct-20 12:03:48

Good morning, cloudy and occasionally sunny here in Norfolk. DD visiting for a couple of days all socially distanced of course, luckily we have 2 bathrooms so it makes life easier.

Off for a dog walk with DD and DG to a lovely wildlife area nearby, wellies at the ready given the recent rain but a good blow will do us good.

Hope everyone has as good a day as possible.

Auntieflo Fri 23-Oct-20 11:57:12

blush. I think it must have been my fault.
Mea culpa.

Going back to my coffee now.

Annaram1 Fri 23-Oct-20 11:51:34

Yes, last weeks thread. What happened?

LauraNorder Fri 23-Oct-20 10:13:50

Oops last weeks thread

hollysteers Fri 23-Oct-20 10:13:26

Morning Mick and one and all from a dull West coast Lancashire. Had a better night as forced myself to go to bed before 2 in the morning ‘Turn the TV off, put your IPad down” I said to myself.? I forgot to put a bar of lavender soap under my sheet as apparently it helps with restless legs and cramps. Will do it tonight. The cat has just leapt through the open bedroom window (it’s a bungalow) having been on the razzle all night...
I might tackle a bag of mending today, it’s been in the airing cupboard for yonks, black opaque tights with holes mainly.
I sent off a pile of postcards to friends and relatives yesterday from a day trip before we reached level 3. I enjoy writing them, also letters and I know it’s nice for shielders who don’t have much going on, not that my life is a cabaret?
Ah well, more cupboards await to sort out.
Sending thoughts to the troubled?

LauraNorder Fri 23-Oct-20 10:12:29

Crikey Pantglas the heavens have just opened and is chucking down enough rain to fill the Mediterranean! Be warned

CC90 Fri 23-Oct-20 09:54:49

Are these not last Friday’s Posts ?

Auntieflo Fri 23-Oct-20 09:50:54

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all.
Marydoll, thanks for posting your Mars bar cake recipe, I have to go out a bit later, so shall stock up on ingredients.

We have the plumber coming next Thursday to fit the new radiators, so having some nibbles in the tin will be handy. He is a good chap, it will be his birthday, and he wasn't going to work, but if he doesn't come then, it will be ages before he can fit us in.

Nothing much planned for today, but no doubt will potter and find something useful to do. Even the ironing is up to date.

Sorry to hear upthread, that there has been unpleasantness in 'The Kitchen'. I have only popped in there a couple of times, and didn't think that anyone could spoil another gentle thread. Hope it's all sorted now.
Missing Gillybob's Good Friday girl, and her popping in and out, so thinking of her especially today.

Have a good day one and all.

Marydoll Fri 16-Oct-20 22:05:56

Thanks, DH has taped it. I fell asleep in the bath!!!☺️

Borrheid55 Fri 16-Oct-20 20:26:52

Sue Calman is on Secret Scotland making macaroons! Marydoll

MellowYellow Fri 16-Oct-20 18:25:50

GrandmaFrench I'd love the squidgy cake recipe please. Kalu - shucks, as I don't have your address to send the biscuits to you I'll be forced to eat your share. grin

Taichinan Fri 16-Oct-20 13:41:47

EllanVannin my friend from the Wildlife Centre at the bottom of my hill says we have 80,040 (ish) pink feet geese there at the moment. They're obviously not flying over me as I have scarcely noticed any!

Kate54 Fri 16-Oct-20 13:37:10

Thanks for bathroom cleaning tip - lots more on the separate thread I managed to start (thanks to you lot!) elsewhere. I’m now in the mood to do nothing else today except go out specially to buy the ingredients for the Mars Bar cake. And then eat it. A better plan - leave it for the house move!

Taichinan Fri 16-Oct-20 13:26:58

Oh Grandmafrench! My first out loud guffaw of the day - thank you! I obviously hadn't noticed autocorrect had been up to its tricks again. I'm still chuckling!

EllanVannin Fri 16-Oct-20 13:14:33

Good Morning All x. and Afternoon grin
Bright but I noticed a bit of a shower earlier and can see a slight drizzle against the sunshine, peculiar. Still and quiet like a Sunday every day----very disorientating, for me anyway {grin]

Kitty I feel the sadness surrounding that young man flowers

I'm getting later and later with skipping from one thing to another. I can't seem to focus my mind on any one thing. It'll pass I suppose once this virus goes and I'm in a proper routine again.
I do have a lot on my mind at the moment which isn't helping, all needing face to face solutions which isn't possible unfortunately but very frustrating.

Saw another flock of geese again earlier on----going the other way this time, across the river towards Ireland or Greenland. All in their " V " shape chattering away.

Urmston my nails are presently the same---painted magenta and have grown rapidly in 6 months when I last cut and filed them down. They've always been the same. My hair has thinned out somewhat but nevertheless I've still got pretty fair of it so far as ageing is concerned.

Poor Ruby-Lou has to do without visitors for a couple of weeks because of our " tier 3 " and Durham's outbreak, poor girl keeps ringing the family all the time. There have been outbreaks where she is staying.

Usual fish and chips today, with Gastro chips for a change so no preparing as such.

Hope everyone has a decent day and stay safe wherever you are. With thoughts to our struggling friends xx flowers

I've been talking on the doorstep again as I got the bin in.

aggie Fri 16-Oct-20 12:56:35

Oh Marydoll you shouldn’t have fed him , he will be back “

Marydoll Fri 16-Oct-20 12:26:55

I too used to use Rice Krispies but I can never leave a recipe alone. I have to tweak it.
Sometines I add a tablespoon of golden syrup to it. It makes it really chewy.

An old gentleman from Church arrived this morning
to check on me, as I haven't been about since March.
I invited him to sit in the garden and gave him a cup of tea some macaroon and a piece of Mars Bar cake.
I couldn't get rid of him! grin No housework done!

Beauregard Fri 16-Oct-20 12:20:32

Marydoll I'd never thought of using coco pops, it was always rice krispies when I used to make mars bar cake back in the day. I bought a box of coco pops recently for my grandsons when they stayed over...and they decided they wanted cornflakes!! So now I can use them up in this recipe grin

Feelingmyage55 Fri 16-Oct-20 11:53:27

Good morning from Scotland, still only 5 degrees but supposed to go up to a balmy 9 this afternoon. I shall work in the front garden and chat to all the passers by. After 3 pm is good as all the village children shout hello as they dawdle, run, cycle or scoot past. One tiny child is always on her dad’s shoulders - he doesn’t need to go to the gym and one currently likes to run backwards and I’ve never seen him fall over. Made jam this morning from brambles and will leave some on my lovely neighbours doorstep.
Good wishes to all.

HAZBEEN Fri 16-Oct-20 11:51:01

Dwmxwg I have PM'd you!

Dwmxwg Fri 16-Oct-20 11:34:17

Just popping back for a read of later posts as I have been cancelled for my shift this afternoon (I work on the bank).
Urmstongran I have nail envy
Granmafrench love your interpretation of my name but I have very good relationship with my x
Hazbeen I am in Ashford too, lived here for 29 years
Marydoll I shall be passing on your recipe to my DD, she loves to do a bit of “cooking” with the boys, this will be perfect for them to help make and eat!
Hope I managed to get the * in the right place!

Purplepixie Fri 16-Oct-20 11:32:58

Marydoll Thank you for this wonderful recipe - have a great weekend.wine

Purplepixie Fri 16-Oct-20 11:32:01

Good morning from a dull and damp east midlands.

Urmastongran - your nails are fabulous! I wish I could grow them like you.

Stay safe and sane and keep away from the germy people out there. flowers