Gransnet forums

Chat

a vibrator for my neck?

(13 Posts)
crazyH Sun 18-Oct-20 23:47:04

The microwave neck pillow - cheap and does the job !!

Megs36 Sun 18-Oct-20 23:40:21

Thankyou,worth a try. ?

Flossieturner Sun 18-Oct-20 18:02:04

Megs36, your symptoms sound very similar to mine. My DD Recommended JONES THE BONES. She uses their rub for her knee. They are worth checking out, as I find the oils give me more relieve than painkillers. All of the products are completely natural.

To help me sleep I use theIt Morpheus products. I rub the cream in an hour before bedtime and then sleep through.They may seem expensive, but a little goes a long way.

My very sceptical DH has started using it on his arthritic feet.

Megs36 Sun 18-Oct-20 10:54:24

All interesting posts,thankyou, if any of the things suggestedhelp please let meknow. I started a stiff neck a few years ago which has steadily got worse, and now spread to side of head, various GP visits gave a diagnosis of cervical spondylitis OR wear and tear! No real help or advice though. By December last year I found my balance, eyesight and coordination were deteriorating, this time hospital visit and scan, zilch! Then I had an appointment with a geriatric consultant who finally said it is arthritis and take pain killers.
Over the last few months,eye test showed no change of glasses needed although now my sight (and balance) now getting worse. Don’t know where to go from here, whilst I know everyone has problems it’s sometimes good to share ones own and get some hints ???.

grannypiper Sun 18-Oct-20 10:08:09

Amazon have a fantastic neck massager for less than £50.

Flossieturner Sun 18-Oct-20 09:50:40

My osteopath recommended an eclectic plug in shoulder blanket. It is the best thing ever. If the pain is really bad I rub in voltorol and the heat from the blanket helps to absorb a bit quicker.

Mine is a life saver as, before I had it, I used to go early to, Just to lay on the electric blanket.

Georgesgran Sat 17-Oct-20 10:34:55

Reminds me of a silly story. DD2’s then boyfriend bought her a Teddy with a wheat bag inside. Stupid me, didn’t realise the wheat bag should come out of Teddy’s tummy before microwaving! Yes - Teddy caught fire and had to be flung out of the back door down the garden! I’ll tell her about the tennis ball - much safer.

TrendyNannie6 Fri 16-Oct-20 21:57:06

Wheattie that you heat up in microwave and then mould it round your neck

MayBee70 Fri 16-Oct-20 19:09:45

infoman: I miss having a sauna SO much. Used to feel so good having one on a regular basis.

Sparklefizz Fri 16-Oct-20 19:03:07

PS. You can buy electric massagers with a variety of different attachments in Boots.

Sparklefizz Fri 16-Oct-20 19:02:00

I heard an osteopath on the radio last year saying that the best thing anyone could use would be an ordinary tennis ball.

Stand against a wall and place the ball between you and the wall on the painful spot.

Lean against the ball and press hard. It will hurt but keep moving around against the ball so that it is, in fact, massaging that knotted painful spot.

I find this words brilliantly on tight shoulder blades, and neck pain which is more at the back of the neck.

Calendargirl Fri 16-Oct-20 18:56:57

Would one of those neck pillow things that you heat in the microwave help? My BIL swears by his to ease his neck pain.

infoman Fri 16-Oct-20 18:53:14

As the Saunas and steam rooms are still closed,
and by gosh do they solve my aches and pains.
Any way I have a discomfort pain on the right hand side of my neck.
So are their any vibrators that can ease muscle pain?