Gransnet forums

Chat

A warning about M&S Returns!!!

(36 Posts)
Jane10 Sat 17-Oct-20 14:05:44

Gosh. What a palaver. I'm glad I'm close enough to a store to return things myself. Good luck.

Lollin Sat 17-Oct-20 13:56:02

I have had this with a different company. A real nuisance. I now only order when know it is highly unlikely that I will need to return anything. I cannot trust any online order service so rarely buy things now. Before anyone asks, yes, you should see the state of some of my shoes!

Nannan2 Sat 17-Oct-20 13:48:36

Esspee- No as you need a printed label with the address of returns dept on as i believe theyre then returned free.you can write order details on paper i guess to include inside- but address one is a different matter.

Callistemon Sat 17-Oct-20 13:46:25

I think their new policy is that it would be a wonderful organisation were it not for the customers.

Bakingmad0203 Sat 17-Oct-20 13:45:57

I had this problem with another company too. I went to our local library ( I had to make an appointment) and used the printer there. It’s a lot of hassle though and as you have said if I had known, I would not have bothered to buy from that company. How do people manage who don’t have access to a computer and printer?

Nannan2 Sat 17-Oct-20 13:43:08

Yes theres been a warning it was going to happen DanniRae- i shop online from M&S often- BUT i feel that there should have been a choice for this- so if we still wanted a label/invoice enclosed with our orders then we can so choose this! I did have an invoice last week in parcel of 2 jackets id bought for size choice- but neither were right so i took them to a food hall store to return- where i was told they still could not just refund me as id paid by 'clearpay'- its takes a payment divided into four from purchaser- (1st on ordering) then 2nd, 3rd, then final payment over coming due dates.At no extra cost.BUT as ive now returned them but still had NO acknowledgment that M&S have recieved them back in returns dept ive now had 2nd payment taken so half paid for 2 expensive jackets i no longer have.And though it says on receipt i was given takes 3-5 working days that was over a week ago.I really dont see why they still cant issue a refund at store, as ive still returned them to M&S staff.im sure they could sort out a way with clearpay.Its ridiculous.If id known i would have got a label printed somehow (my printer wont always connect) and sent by hermes or royal mail instead.I thought it would be quicker and safer by store.

Esspee Sat 17-Oct-20 13:40:38

Why do you need a printed label? Wouldn’t a hand written one suffice?

lemsip Sat 17-Oct-20 13:33:19

just phone them again and ask them to post you a label. They will do that. I don't have a printer either and was sent a label upon request

quizqueen Sat 17-Oct-20 13:30:44

I though places like the Co-op printed out the Hermes label for you. Can someone take it to a store for you?

SpringyChicken Sat 17-Oct-20 13:24:44

Do you have a friend who would print the label for you?

DanniRae Sat 17-Oct-20 13:19:10

I ordered a jacket on line from M&S but I was not happy with it and needed to return it. I attempted to do this today. However, now they don't include an address label - you have to print it out yourself. This is not easy and to make matters worse my printer wouldn't work. I called customer services and after a very long wait (with dreadful music) I was told to return it to a store. I said that I can't do this so please send me out a label for the Post Office. Apparently this is not possible. She advised me to return it via Hermes to which I replied but I can't print out a Hermes label! She said she would consult someone about this - I waited and waited for someone to help me deal with this problem but suddenly the line went dead. I am fuming angry that there was no warning that this was going to be the way to return parcels in the future. So I felt I should come on here and post a warning.