Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Wed 21-Oct-20 06:11:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and its wet here in Brackley this morning .
Yesterday did not happen for me , I started to blackout ,and came over with a cold sweat , so relaxed in the chair and watched Tv and watched the cycle races unfold.
I am going to take a break in routine ,and slowly get myself back to normal I hope .
I am on medication for angina etc but take it easy .
Take Care ,
Mick

Grammaretto Wed 21-Oct-20 16:53:08

I hope you are still enjoying your birthday grandmaSue
Sorry we couldn't share your cake.

EllanVannin Wed 21-Oct-20 15:05:30

We always had that in the medicine cabinet Marydoll.

Marydoll Wed 21-Oct-20 14:13:08

Oh and Golden Eye ointment. I wonder if you can still buy it.

Marydoll Wed 21-Oct-20 14:12:08

Urmston a teaspoon of salt in a pint of cooled boiled water.
Wipe from corner of the eye outwards. New piece of cotton wool each time.

EllanVannin Wed 21-Oct-20 14:10:26

I've got a gold Sovereign Urmston, you could use it as a monocle grin

Urmstongran Wed 21-Oct-20 14:03:34

I’ve only got an 18ct one Grandmasue wonder if it’ll do the trick?
?
Many happy returns of the day from me too! ?

You made me laugh GrandmaFrench about how I got my stye. Laughter is surely the best medicine!

GrandmasueUK Wed 21-Oct-20 13:36:19

Thank you for all my lovely birthday wishes. I feel overwhelmed with them all!

Urms my mum used to say that rubbing a 24-carat gold ring on a stye would help it to disappear. She was full of old wives tales home remedies like that.

I've had a lovely morning unwrapping some fabulous birthday presents and I spent an hour looking for a birthday card that I received 2 weeks ago. It was on my desk where I had already looked. I've had lots of smiles but shed a couple of tears because of peoples' kindness. I think it must be my age now!

Thank you again for your lovely birthday wishes flowers I'd like to share my virtual cake with you all. No calories in it at all, but gosh the candles took some blowing out! grin

Jaxjacky Wed 21-Oct-20 13:32:23

grandMattie I made some quince jelly about a year ago, nearly took a finger or two off, cooked in slow cooker.

Stilllearning Wed 21-Oct-20 13:07:57

A very late good day from S Lanarkshire where the sun is cheering things up. Happy Birthday Grandmasue and good wishes to Mick, I you have had success in contacting someone for advice.
Reading all your posts about quince recently, would that be what was served with cheese many years ago when we were on holiday in Corsica? If so I loved it but haven’t seen it here since then.
It’s been quite a productive morning doing some much needed cleaning and since the day has turned out well I’m now looking forward to meeting a friend for an outdoor coffee and scone at one of our lovely local garden centres. So grateful for this autumn sunshine.
Hope the rest of the day goes well for everyone

Kalu Wed 21-Oct-20 11:32:20

Good morning all from a now bright day in Glasgow. Late this morning as we are having internet trouble!

Good news to hear the result of your DH’s procedure yesterday. Now you can both relax. Phew!
Happy Birthday Grandmasue ???
I agree with all others advice Mick. Blackouts are something you really shouldn’t ignore and I too think you should speak to your GP. Take care of yourself.
Sorry to hear your day was spoiled by another seizure Cherry. I will steal your ‘domestic drudgery’ line though, perfect summation for me too.

DD must have picked up on my despondency during our phone chat yesterday and made a surprise visit shortly after. Just the thing to lift my mood....works every time. ?

Hope the various levels of lockdown can be endured all, as we plod through change of guidelines again. Take care all.

Legs55 Wed 21-Oct-20 11:31:52

Good morning from wet Devon, I missed the downpour they had in Torquay as I'm on the edge of Dartmoor. DD & her OH came over & put up some pictures & 2 curtain poles.

Not sure what I'm going to do for the rest of the day, need to pop out to the local shop. Might make some soup this afternoon.

I've got decorating to do, lost my motivation but need to get it finished before Christmas Tree goes up on the 1st December. Nothing is going to spoil Christmas for me this year grin

Feelingmyage55 Wed 21-Oct-20 11:22:43

Mick. I add my suggestion to phone your GP especially as this is the second episode in the last few days.

Feelingmyage55 Wed 21-Oct-20 11:20:32

Good morning. The north of Scotland continues to be very wet and gloomy. I have had to start using the tumble drier as it has been been impossible to hang out washing. The last lot came in wetter. Patio fruit trees sound appealing but I haven’t had great success with online plant ordering. I must ask in the local garden centre.
Granmasue. Happy birthday.
Glad MrLester got a good report card.
I have added some goodies to my online order as I expect our little village will come up with a plan for Hallowe’en guizing. The days of a handful of monkey nuts and an apple have gone but other than that all the children here do some brilliant party pieces. If all comes to naught I shall have to deliver the treats to my neighbours’ children. (Before I eat them myself)
Best wishes to our absent posters and have the best day you can.

Grandmafrench Wed 21-Oct-20 11:16:10

Good Morning everyone from a very warm, wild, windy and extremely grey South of France. (How disgraceful!) Had to dash off early for an MOT - not me, today, but my car.

Mick could have any more concern and support from a bunch of ladies? Nope. So PLEASE, don't hesitate to have it checked out. No waiting, just do it. It could be nothing, but you mustn't leave things as they are. We shall expect a proper report and confirmation that you are taking such good advice.....

Beauregard, thank you for the shout out. My visit to my Endocrinologue yesterday was a success. She's pleased that I'm so pleased with the dramatic improvement in my health, so, unless I feel concerned, I don't need to think about another Thyroid check until this time next year. Meanwhile my lovely Doc will handle blood tests etc. Hell's Teef, Beau ....what a performance for your DD and family. Do hope that her H's results come back very soon, and negative.

Winter 'drawers' on, Ellan and hope the boiler fix isn't a problem. Good luck today, Sar

Aye! Aye! Urms - you need to bathe 3 times a day with the hottest salty water you can stand, holding a cotton wool pad to your poorly eye. In future, do try to remember to take the spoon out of the cup before drinking!grin

Sheepandcattle you always make me think of my darling woolly women. They used to come for walks with me and when they huffed and puffed they smelled like toothpaste because they always ate the spearmint down near the river. When they were pregnant I used to massage their backs, just to see their gurning faces - they just couldn't get enough of that treatment! GrandMattie oh the perfume of Quinces (we used to have a big tree) but the horror of preparing them! Like breaking rocks.

A very Happy Birthday GrandmaSue

GrannyGravy what a very rude awakening for you today. Nothing quite like Parfum de Cat Poo to clear the sinuses...and you managed to make breakfast?!

Definitely have a gentle day, hollysteers. We just need to regularly stand still in our currently challenging lives and spend a minute or so just listening to our bodies. Nothing works properly if it isn't taken care of. So please take care, everyone. Deep breath, stay calm and be determined to seize the good bits from the day.

Hugs from France and Stay Safe All ! flowers

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 21-Oct-20 11:12:13

Good Morning all from cloudy and later wet Harrogate. Mick, you've read what we are all saying, so do find out why you blacked out!! Not good when you live on your own. Had planned to do a bit more to a painting I am tackling, but that was shelved when small GD arrived tired out after school. She made a 'bed' on the sofa and lay watching her favourite programme! She also wanted to know when her cousin would be here because she wants to play with him. Made the mistake of telling DD1, I shall probably have two small children now on Friday instead of 1!!
Will have to store up some energy for Friday!
Hope improvements are in order for all those feeling noty so good.

CherryCezzy Wed 21-Oct-20 11:07:47

Happy Birthday Grandmasue , have a lovely day ? ? ?.

Ashcombe Wed 21-Oct-20 11:03:40

Good morning to you all from a wet and miserable Torbay! I hope that Mick has had some advice from his GP by now. Please take care of yourself.

I’m late to the party this morning, having had a very good night for the first time in many weeks. Being out in the sea air yesterday and walking 1.5 miles (according to my 'phone) has certainly helped.

My day ended with a Zoom Committee Meeting with Toads, our local theatre company which resulted in me dealing with some admin from that this morning and overlooking my usual check in on here.

Wishing a better day to those whose lives are clouded with worries and sunshine (metaphorically!) to those with celebrations.

CherryCezzy Wed 21-Oct-20 11:01:07

Good morning everyone from the Gower. It's wet, it's grey, it's gloomy, it's horrible weather here ?

I had a lovely day yesterday, until a dratted seizure spoilt it ?. I finally disposed of some vouchers I'd been given for Christmas last year. We then had a lovely afternoon tea in the garden centre en route back home ?. Haven't got any plans for today though, just a bit of domestic drudgery faffing.

Mick please do as you are told listen to the wise advice of the many goodmorningers who have bid you to contact your nurse or GP, I echo their concerns.

Pleased that your DH's oscopy went well and there was nothing sinister Kitty ?

Hope all goes well with your appointment today Sar.

gillybob and BlueSapphire you are both still in my thoughts ??

Stay safe and be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

EllanVannin Wed 21-Oct-20 10:57:38

I remember the Aberfan disaster very well. My eldest D was 5 at the time and her infant school set up a collection with D's name being in the local paper for sending in her 6p pocket money, also a letter from the mayor of our area at the time.

I think everyone I knew at the time was crying and my poor mum was beside herself with grief for all those little children and their parents---waiting. Horrendous.
One of the worst disasters of its time. It took a long time to get over it, except those parents who will never, bless them.

Borrheid55 Wed 21-Oct-20 10:26:28

Good morning from a very wet Kent. I hope all in the sick ward start to feel better. Now that we have entered autumn, it’s more of an effort to bounce out of bed in the morning! And the clocks go back this weekend!
My sister in law put a reminder on FB this morning- it’s the anniversary of Aberfan today. I was 11 and can remember my mother telling me what had happened when I came home from school. I think it was the first really bad thing I saw on tv. I visited the memorial and cemetery a few years ago. ( something I had promised myself as a child). Reading the names and the ages was heartbreaking.
Hope you all have a good day ! ?

Annapops Wed 21-Oct-20 10:16:40

Good morning from a dreary, wet County Durham.

A quiet day today after two days with little GD2. Yesterday was a home day which passed quite well interrupted only by our Asda delivery and Hello Fresh. I even managed to give one of the bedrooms a good clean with little one in tow.

I'll try to complete my twig tree later and if I can summon up enough energy take a trip to a supermarket toy sale for GD2 birthday gift. Not very exciting at all but I think my batteries definitely need a recharge today.

Have the best day you can everyone.

hollysteers Wed 21-Oct-20 10:15:32

Hi Mick and all, if you are blacking out, I think you should not delay and have it looked into.
Wet and dull when I look out from Screeching Gull on the West Coast. I had my flu jab yesterday and feel distinctly odd, but better than the full works. The chemist was kindness itself, asking if I wanted to take time and sit after it, even saying he never sees me as my blister pack is delivered and didn’t look my age (which I misremembered and took off a year!) These small kindnesses make a difference at the moment. Then to the park and the golden leaves from the beech trees. I took some photos as the light was delicious.
So a quiet day for me and thoughts to the troubled.

Borrheid55 Wed 21-Oct-20 10:11:05

Good luck with your appointment Sar53 , I’m waiting for result of MRI of ‘that’ region! Didn’t think I’d be bothering the Gyn dept at my age (65)!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 21-Oct-20 09:54:23

Happy Birthday GrandmaSue ???

It has been eventful in Gravy Towers since my first post from my bed.............GrandpaGravy unbeknown to him trod in a very large cat deposit left on our kitchen doorstep, whilst putting bins out. He then walked round the kitchen, up the stairs, round the bedroom etc. etc. I came down with GS to cook his breakfast and could not believe the smell and mess ??? So inbetween cooking soft boiled eggs I was steaming the hard floors and he was dispatched with a bowl of water and disinfectant to clean the carpets!!!

If it wasn't for the fact my cleaners are near I think I would have crawled back into bed!!

Hope your hospital appointment goes well Sar53

Urmstongran take czars of your eye, if in doubt pop into your local Pharmacia

Dwmxwg Wed 21-Oct-20 09:48:57

Good morning from a very wet North Surrey. It makes it so much darker in the mornings and still felt like night time as I drove to my trainer at 8. We used to meet in the gym but he has now set up in his garage which is brilliant. He has put a lot of time,effort and money into adapting his business to be Covid friendly.
Mick I am in agreement with other posters and hope you will get in contact with your GP. A blackout is not normal and needs investigation.
DH and I had a lovely walk yesterday at Virginia Water, glad we made the most of the sunshine. He has a Walking for Health walk this morning locally and then we will be visiting our nearest M&S superstore for collection and a browse.
DGSs back this evening for their usual 2 nights stay with us.
Keep dry and safe