Best news I've heard in ages

Alegrias2 Sat 24-Oct-20 22:39:36

Chewbacca

I'm very sorry Alegrias2.

smile no problem

Chewbacca Sat 24-Oct-20 22:37:54

I'm very sorry Alegrias2.

Alegrias2 Sat 24-Oct-20 22:31:24

Not too disappointing Chewbacca . The fact it said underneath the picture I posted that it was meant to be Merkel gave me a bit of a clue.

Chewbacca Sat 24-Oct-20 22:26:15

I don't think Mattel would consider creating a Nicola Sturgeon doll after what she confessed to having done to her sister's doll's hair. Shocking! shock

lemongrove Sat 24-Oct-20 22:25:01

Ah, much more lifelike?

Chewbacca Sat 24-Oct-20 22:19:37

Sorry to disappoint but that Barbie doll was marketed by Mattel as a tribute to Angela Merkel not Nicola Sturgeon. Personally, I think this one is a better likeness.

lemongrove Sat 24-Oct-20 21:50:19

Oh give over mcem just because you’re a Scot doesn’t mean your common sense has flown out the window.....who would want to buy them?
You don’t have to be defensive on this, I would find the idea of any politician doll amusing.

mcem Sat 24-Oct-20 21:46:00

Carry on sookin' your lemons. Sour tasting!

lemongrove Sat 24-Oct-20 21:42:45

Someone is trying hard not to laugh at the thought of children clamouring for Sturgeon dolls mcem

mcem Sat 24-Oct-20 21:39:59

Someone been sookin' lemons?

lemongrove Sat 24-Oct-20 21:28:10

It looks nothing like her!?

Alegrias2 Sat 24-Oct-20 21:26:52

Too late!

lemongrove Sat 24-Oct-20 20:58:34

Experience of what exactly? Little Scottish girls aren’t any different to little English girls or little Welsh girls etc.
Still, not worth worrying about, since Sturgeon dolls don’t exist.....unless! Right this minute, the workshop elves are designing one, and a Merkel doll too perhaps.Food for thought.?

Alegrias2 Sat 24-Oct-20 20:50:00

Oh they do Lemon, they do. But you don't know any little Scots girls so we can't expect you to know that. I used to be one so I speak from experience ?

I'm sure Santa's working hard to bring as many children as possible what they want this year of all years.

lemongrove Sat 24-Oct-20 20:38:18

.....and maybe not?
When we see Nicola dolls flying off the shelves then that’s the time to judge.
All girls (who like dressing dolls ) like Barbie or Sindy or equivalent, they find them attractive.....that’s why they sell so many.

Alegrias2 Sat 24-Oct-20 19:44:41

Maybe little Scottish girls have bigger ambitions than being big busted Barbies....?

lemongrove Sat 24-Oct-20 19:28:18

Correction Paddy...I don’t know any Scottish children,
But I do know children, especially little girls.
They want baby dolls or tall slim big busted Barbies, not a small middle aged politician.
You could always contact Santa’s Workshop at the North Pole and suggest it though.

paddyanne Sat 24-Oct-20 19:16:01

You obviously dont know many Scottish Children do you Lemon She is much loved by the younger generation,attended read ins with them in schools ,sat on the floor ,had special events in Bute house with them .Makes extra time for Care experienced kids with no family,even been known to attend their graduations and give graduation dinners after for them
.The care experienced kids call her the Chief mammy

.Politics doesn't start when you're an adult it affects all your life as the kids in England will know with Bojo vetoing free scjhool meals .Nicola loves children and it shows ,she does her best for them .
Cue the unionists !

lemongrove Sat 24-Oct-20 19:05:37

Am hoping my family all have their Amazon wish lists up to date as that’s where the presents will all be ordered this year,
No happy browsing in the stores.

lemongrove Sat 24-Oct-20 19:03:35

I can imagine children's faces if they found a Sturgeon doll in their Santa sack! It wouldn’t be a delighted look either?
Nope.....no politician dolls thank you very much.
The elf joke is horrifying and amusing in equal measures Arosebyanyothername ??

NannyC1 Sat 24-Oct-20 17:55:06

Annaram1

Unfortunately Father Christmas does not stop at every family
home where there are children . I don't think he stops at the homes of Muslim and Hindu children here, although I guess that some of them may badger their parents into inviting him in once they realise what a wonderful person he is.

Annaram1 He stops at my DGD house every year. The local Mosque and Community Centre opens every year on Christmas day to feed those less fortunate. Kind of like Father Christmas in disguise.?

arosebyanyothername Fri 23-Oct-20 23:50:10

Regarding the Elf on the Shelf, look away now if you are easily offended

welbeck Fri 23-Oct-20 15:58:22

paddyanne, this shews the importance of strong female role models. it does makes a difference.
actually, to all you crafty grans, there's an idea for a new marketable line, the Nicola doll, with wee tartan face mask !
and her antagonist, the podgy mop-haired BoJo, which walks around in circles, muttering.

henetha Fri 23-Oct-20 13:44:23

Well, Rudolf has been staying here with me. We're "bubbling" together.
But I'll send him out well in time for Christmas.

lemongrove Fri 23-Oct-20 13:31:46

Parents have created a rod for their own backs by signing up to the elf on a shelf malarkey!?
It goes on for the whole of December, finding crazy things for the elf to do.