Santa is designated a Key Worker and therefore

(60 Posts)
Alishka Thu 22-Oct-20 19:02:47

will deliver presents at Christmas gringringrin

Best news I've heard in ages

BlueSky Thu 22-Oct-20 19:10:53

But he’s over 70...??

Iam64 Thu 22-Oct-20 19:14:04

Yes Blue Sky but, the elves and other helpers are magic so the virus won't affect them, plus Lapland is so big, social distancing problem.
Reindeer definitely don't carry the virus. Father Christmas akna Santa works in isolation when delivering the goodies. Chimneys aren't risky work environments. It will all be fine

NfkDumpling Thu 22-Oct-20 19:14:17

A good thing he's self-isolating in the sleigh.

It must be very draining though having to use up so much magic to send the presents to the kids in these days of central heating and no chimneys.

paddyanne Thu 22-Oct-20 19:14:35

but he's only doing Zoom grotto visits ,this cheered up my smallest GD no end today .Well done FM for thinking of the children

Alishka Thu 22-Oct-20 19:25:33

Spot on Iam64
When we lived abroad, we had a penthouse flat. Father Christmas used the lift.
Christmas morning son used to open the front door and shout THANK YOU FATHER CHRISTMAS down the stairwell.smile

BlueSky Thu 22-Oct-20 19:40:12

Good to know Iam64! ?

Jaxjacky Thu 22-Oct-20 19:46:32

Phew!

lemongrove Thu 22-Oct-20 19:49:18

Good old Father Christmas and he works so hard with barely
A teabreak.
I regularly tell posters ( on Christmas threads) to buy their DGC The Father Christmas Letters by J R R Tolkein....a magical story for young and young-ish ( me!)? where FC writes detailed letters and drawings telling of the trials and tribulations of getting the presents made in his workshop.
The elves and his right hand man Polar Bear do constant battles with deadlines and the goblins.It’s a wonderful, thin, hardback book, the illustrations by Tolkein are very good and funny.

ElaineI Thu 22-Oct-20 22:27:18

And Jason Leitch is the Grinch - this made me smile. The advice has been very clear all the way through the pandemic but it is good to have a tiny bit of humour introduced.

paddyanne Thu 22-Oct-20 22:47:32

My friends GD watched the briefings everyday with her mum and dad ,she decided she wanted a "Nicola" doll for her birthday so a barbie was bought,dressed in a power suit had its hair cut and the wee one was thrilled.Hope she's not looking for a Jason one now ,that might be more difficult.

Alishka Fri 23-Oct-20 00:31:16

Can anyone remember tracking Father Christmas in his sleigh as he travelled round the world? I think it was produced by the Norwegians - something like that? 'twas magical smile

Chewbacca Fri 23-Oct-20 00:35:53

Alishka the Father Christmas tracker begins again on 1st December. It's at noradsanta.org

pollyperkins Fri 23-Oct-20 08:51:03

But Father Christmas visits every family with children all round the world on Christmas Eve, so I think he may be a super spreader!

Iam64 Fri 23-Oct-20 09:40:39

pollyperkins, are you The Grinch in disguise? Of course he isn't a super spreader. We all know his magic enables him to have a ring around him, through which the virus cannot get.

lemongrove, thanks for the reminder about Tolkein's Christmas letters. I'll get one for each other grandchildren' s homes

Witzend Fri 23-Oct-20 09:45:48

I’d always assumed that since he’s magic, he’d be immune from the virus anyway.

We left the usual carrots for the reindeer in little Gdcs’ garden last year, and when we went in the morning to check that they’d gone, we found some very messy chewed up little bits of carrot around the dish. But as I said to Gdcs, Still, at least they didn’t poo in the garden. ??

nipsmum Fri 23-Oct-20 10:10:01

My SIL still tracks Santa on NORAD every Christmas even though his girls are teenagers now.

Nortsat Fri 23-Oct-20 10:15:26

This is good news, in an otherwise grey day. ??

Mollygo Fri 23-Oct-20 10:23:41

Santa is safer if you have a real fire. I read somewhere that a currently famous person has recommended soot as an anti-virus solution. ??

Fizog Fri 23-Oct-20 10:30:50

He is magic! Shh don’t tell anyone!?

Borrheid55 Fri 23-Oct-20 10:35:52

NORAD still does this every year through the NASA website. Wonderful idea to prolong the magic. Watch out for timings of the ISS, if it is due over your DGC’s house. That’s Santa going to load up with presents!

Patticake123 Fri 23-Oct-20 10:37:13

Well my oldest grandchild has informed me that Santa doesn’t exist, so I’m greatly relieved to hear that she’s incorrect and he’ll be turning up as usual.

Aepgirl Fri 23-Oct-20 10:48:05

Nothing stops Father Christmas, but I understand his elves are working in shifts so that not too many are in the workshop at the same time. This may mean that not quite so many gifts can be delivered on time this year, but he will do his best.

Nicksmrs46 Fri 23-Oct-20 11:07:19

There’s a lovely book called Father Christmas Needs A Wee,
It tells of him stopping at all the houses and drinking and eating all the goodies that’s left out for him , he’s so busy he hasn’t time for a toilet stop !!
It’s lovely in that it’s repetitive so children can join in . I still have my copy that I used to read with my grandchildren , alas all grown up now but they can still recite most of it !

Davida1968 Fri 23-Oct-20 11:09:21

What a delightful thread! You have all quite brightened up my day!