Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Fri 23-Oct-20 06:14:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet this morning In Brackley .
Plans for the day include a shop this morning , maybe get some Fish & Chips .
As to comments yesterday , the weight loss , checked my records and had been that weight in July .
Anyway more cycling on TV with Giro with a Brit in 3rd place overall at the moment .
Take Care ,
Mick

NanKate Fri 23-Oct-20 19:40:35

Thanks for your kind words. Had a lovely Chinese meal then caramel cream meringues (calorie free of course ?). Goodnight folks.

Sark Fri 23-Oct-20 18:47:30

Have a lovely evening Nankate Happy Anniversaryflowers

Greyduster Fri 23-Oct-20 17:26:00

NanKate just caught up with this - Happy Anniversary and enjoy your evening! ???

NannyJan53 Fri 23-Oct-20 15:18:15

Glad your tests went well NanKate. Enjoy your special evening, 49 years is quite an achievement flowers

Beauregard Fri 23-Oct-20 14:54:59

Congratulations NanKate and Mr N. Enjoy your special day ??flowers

EllanVannin Fri 23-Oct-20 14:48:04

So pleased for you NanKate, enjoy your evening x flowers

Taichinan Fri 23-Oct-20 14:46:28

Ellan you and your poor family have been through so much this year, and I can understand a tiny bit of it as my SiL also died after lymphoma four years ago, just four days after my partner died suddenly of a massive heart attack. So it's not pity but a heart-felt huge admiration for the strong lady you are. Your family is so lucky to have you to support them and speak up for them.

NanKate Fri 23-Oct-20 14:41:12

A late call in to Mick and All today.

Had to be at the hospital for 8.00am for tests which all went well.

Now relaxing at home and will have a lovely meal tonight to celebrate our 49th Wedding Anniversary. When I was talking to the nurse this morning she could hardly believe anyone could be married for 49 years ?

GrannySomerset Fri 23-Oct-20 14:10:58

Supernan - look at Landsend for warm but not padded waterproof coats. I am delighted with mine and it is a rather nice dusky pink so fairly cheerful on a grey day like today.

EV - all power to you in getting the best outcome for the children who have had a very tough time. I always knew that grannies and great grannies were put on earth for a reason!

NannyJan53 Fri 23-Oct-20 13:32:54

Welcome to this thread supernanuna1 glad you feel able to post, everyone is very welcoming here.

Auntieflo Fri 23-Oct-20 12:08:13

Good morning/ afternoon to all

Just realised that I signed in on the wrong Friday thread.
Oh dear, must get my thoughts into gear.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 23-Oct-20 12:04:49

Supernanaunal have a look at Joules I have a lovely waterproof jacket with hood, not padded and they come in different lengths.

Welcome ???‍♀️

Grandmabatty Fri 23-Oct-20 11:47:40

Welcome supernanaunal

EllanVannin Fri 23-Oct-20 11:46:37

Thankyou Doodle, I'm hoping upon hope I can help make it happen.

supernanauna1 Fri 23-Oct-20 11:43:16

I'm a new poster on the 'good morning' threads so I hope there's room for a little one (I'm shrinking)!

I live in West London and while it was a dry cool morning earlier it's just started to rain.

I've been reading these threads for so long that I feel as if I know some of you in real life. And the gentle words of comfort and advice that come through are heartwarming.

I've been hunting for a raincoat without padding and can't find one anywhere. Found some this morning in M*****n only to discover that they were internet returns, not my size, and the website is sold out. I got drenched on Wednesday collecting my GD from school so really need a proper raincoat - not just something showerproof.

Anyway - my best wishes to all who have troubles and let's just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Life isn't easy for anybody at the moment.

Doodle Fri 23-Oct-20 11:37:35

EllanVannin I don’t post much on this thread but I feel so sorry for your family and Ruby-Lou. I wish you all the best and that this little family can be reunited and helped.

Kalu Fri 23-Oct-20 11:35:24

Good morning from a rainy day in Glasgow.

A morning phone chat with DD1 this time. These chats can take up the best part of my morning but I’m not complaining. I enjoy these chats with my girls as they are a tonic for the three of us.

We never stop worrying about our children Scentia no matter what age they are. I hope all goes well for your DD.

Another day of this and that and we joked this morning realising it was Friday, we can have the weekend off to look forward to?. I think we have now completely lost the plot!

Best wishes to all, especially our friends with illness and worries.

EllanVannin Fri 23-Oct-20 11:20:59

I sure will Grandmafrench. I thank God I've still got all my marbles and am capable of putting in my sixpenn'orth.

Grandmafrench Fri 23-Oct-20 11:17:38

You go get ‘em, Ellan - so much better for all, and your own peace of mind if you can have your say.

Nice to see you posting and hope life’s being kind to you, ginny. Enjoy your busy weekend!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 23-Oct-20 11:15:56

A late morning all from a wet South Notts. It seems to be 'one day sun, next day rain' as in a song lyric. Am I despondent? No. I refuse to let the weather upset me.

I'll spend a quiet day in, just pottering, doing as I please with a little housework thrown in to assuage the guilt.

Look after yourselves everyone, especially those with sadness or worries.

ginny Fri 23-Oct-20 11:02:47

Good Morning from N. Bucks. I haven’t posted on here for quite some time but have enjoyed reading all your news.
Sad for those who are missing at the moment and all those with problems and illness.
A day at home for me, some food prep. for tomorrow and I may mix up the Christmas puds.
A bit of sewing or crochet later.
Had a lovely message from a couple we met when on holiday in February, saying that they are hoping we can meet up again before too long
Quite a busy weekend coming up.

Borrheid55 Fri 23-Oct-20 10:53:30

Marydoll I read that pepper is a good deterrent ( or lion dung!). Coleus plants are a prettier solution! The lion dung is available as pellets apparently!

Borrheid55 Fri 23-Oct-20 10:49:31

MawB2 thats a great little graphic. I sent it to my DIL recently. I used to train people in management , time and stress skills. Hope it helps!

GrandmasueUK Fri 23-Oct-20 10:39:37

Good morning all from a very wet Greater Manchester. A bit late this morning although I have showered and had a coffee brought to me by DP. He's not pleased as he'd having to travel for work today. He usually works from home in his garden office. It has no heating so sometimes he's out there in his coat and hat, which makes me laugh.

I've got an 'empty' as Marydoll might say as my daughter is working until 3. That means my ironing can be tackled in a while. I can put a film on while I'm doing it. I'm also expecting a phone call from my SiL, who is really more like a sister. The ironing will probably go on hold them.

Wishing everyone with ills and troubles a peaceful day. flowers Stay safe xx

hollysteers Fri 23-Oct-20 10:31:12

Morning Mick one and all from a dull west coast Lancashire. Just typed my message on the wrong Friday, so off again.
Had a better night as forced myself to go to bed before 3 in the morning “Put that IPad down and turn off the tv woman!” I said.? I sent postcards off to friends and relatives from a recent day trip before level 3. I enjoy writing them and it’s nice for shielders with not much going on. Not that my life is a cabaret...
I’m going to put a block of lavender soap between my sheets tonight for restless legs and cramp. I have lovely sleep stories on my calm app, train journeys etc, but I never get to listen to the whole story, as I drop off. I might tackle a bag of mending from a thousand years ago, mainly holey black tights. The cat has just jumped through the bedroom window after a night on the razzle (it’s a bungalow)
Sending thoughts to all who are troubled in any way, I enjoy reading all the morning posts later on.