Gransnet forums

Chat

Celebrities who are self absorbed and irritate you.

(100 Posts)
NanKate Sat 24-Oct-20 22:33:02

If I see Philip Schofield again in the arms of a fellow presenter weeping and wailing about ‘coming out’ I shall be sick.

He’s gay, so what. Just get on with your privileged life. No doubt he will be writing a book about it soon.

I had to turn off Saturday Live, which I usually thoroughly enjoy, as I had to avoid hearing him.

Any celebrities you can’t stand ?

NotTooOld Tue 27-Oct-20 17:42:56

DanniRae (upthread) grin

M0nica Tue 27-Oct-20 16:50:50

All and any.

I have no idea who 90% of them are anyway.

FannyCornforth Tue 27-Oct-20 14:27:15

RR - "I try to avoid watching them or reading about them"

LOL!grin

Kate1949 Tue 27-Oct-20 14:26:44

Lorraine Kelly fawning over everyone is very annoying.

FannyCornforth Tue 27-Oct-20 14:24:10

"Run to fat"

Speaking as a currently fat person, and as a formerly very thin person (borderline anorexic), all I can say Ramblingrose is that I actually pity you.

Anniezee Tue 27-Oct-20 13:12:53

Yes, yes, yes. Amanda Holden. Every time I log onto the internet she's there, wearing an ever decreasing amount of clothing. I cannot watch Britains God Talent any more mostly because of her, although Alesha Dixon is very nearly as bad and Simon Cowell, well.... Why are all these 'reality' programmes always more about the judges than the contestants? Reality TV gives reality a bad name.

sparklingsilver28 Tue 27-Oct-20 13:09:00

Don't know any celebrities and wouldn't recognise one if I did.
All too common!! But then I'm a snob wink!!

Alegrias2 Tue 27-Oct-20 13:08:29

Galaxy

This thread is absolutely vile.

I got roundly told off for criticising a similar thread earlier this week Galaxy.

Apparently disagreeing with someone over politics is bullying, but its OK to say you'd like to smash somebody's face in with a frying pan, or that its not surprising for someone's husband to leave them if they are fat.

Who knew?

PECS Tue 27-Oct-20 13:08:10

Goodness..how do you know about all these people?
It seems to me they can only irritate you if you spend time watching/reading about them & they only survive as celebs because people read about them and watch them!

Galaxy Tue 27-Oct-20 12:58:54

This thread is absolutely vile.

merlotgran Tue 27-Oct-20 12:56:54

Agree Vanessa Feltz - met her when she was engaged to her 1st DH. She was quite attractive then but just let herself run to fat. No wonder he left her!

What a horrible thing to say.

She's happily re-married now and has been for years. For all we know her first husband might have been a complete bastard!

Ramblingrose22 Tue 27-Oct-20 12:43:37

Agree Jonathan Woss - I'll never forget how he leered at Helen Mirren when she was a guest on his show. He could hardly remember what he had planned to say.

Agree Vanessa Feltz - met her when she was engaged to her 1st DH. She was quite attractive then but just let herself run to fat. No wonder he left her!

Victoria Beckham - subsidises her fashion brand just to stay in the limelight and be photographed at fashion weeks events.

Andrew Windsor - what a "dumbkluk", as proven by that interview with Emily Maitlis. I was horrified to read that he's angling to return to Royal duties. We all know that he's never really separated from Fergie - just divorced her for public appearances.

Fergie - a vacuous spendthrift who has associated herself with dubious benefactors in the past just to fund her extravagant lifestyle.

I try and avoid watching them or reading about them.

vampirequeen Tue 27-Oct-20 12:19:59

Andrew Windsor. Charles Windsor. William Windsor. Mrs William Windsor.

FannyCornforth Tue 27-Oct-20 10:03:16

joannapiano

What is the point of Jonathan Woss and his rather large daughter?

Nice.

CleoPanda Tue 27-Oct-20 09:53:06

“ Giving out the message that it's deeply empowering for women to objectify themselves, rather than men doing it for them.‘
Oh my, that was hilarious.

joannapiano Tue 27-Oct-20 09:30:28

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

harrigran Tue 27-Oct-20 09:29:20

All of the above and all the jumped up nobodies who do reality programmes.
All the people who do things to their face and body so they end up looking like Barbie dolls or blow up dolls.
DH and I were once on a plane to Nice and we were the only non celebs on the flight, it was Cannes time. Boring.

Sparklefizz Tue 27-Oct-20 09:09:34

NanKate

What about Elizabeth Hurley? She wears next to nothing and gets her son to photograph her for the papers. There will come a time when her looks fade and what will she do then? At least she hasn’t had her lips pumped up with filler. What does she actually do for a living ?

And she has encouraged her son to be the same. I find him a bit creepy.

NanKate Tue 27-Oct-20 07:13:53

What about Elizabeth Hurley? She wears next to nothing and gets her son to photograph her for the papers. There will come a time when her looks fade and what will she do then? At least she hasn’t had her lips pumped up with filler. What does she actually do for a living ?

JuneRose Mon 26-Oct-20 22:19:25

Also that flipping Piers Morgan - he has to be the most annoying, opinionated motor mouth on TV.

allsortsofbags Mon 26-Oct-20 22:18:03

So far I have to agree with all of you. And the "preachy" ones really get on my nerves.

If things bother them so much I wish they would just shut up and get on and "DO" something about things.

Audrey Hepburn didn't just moan, she rolled her sleeves up, can't see this bunch of wingers doing what she did.

Sadly when this lots are yesterdays news there will be a new lot to take their place.

For instance Kate Moss isn't grabbing the headlines much these days but talk about self absorbed.

For her wedding and 3 days celebration she asked RAF Brize Norton to divert or suspend flights so as not to disrupt her guests and their fancy bash. Talk about full of their won importance.

It's been an interesting topic and some amusing post so thank you all for the laughs.

JuneRose Mon 26-Oct-20 22:17:21

TerriBull you've said it all. I was going to say it really gives me the pip when they say how they hate their body then appear in the paper in the tiniest bikini bikini ever looking like a super model. Also Amanda Holden wheeling the bin out in her ballgown...who even has a ballgown?? And mowing the lawn in her wedding dress. Just gets right on my wick. ?

grumppa Mon 26-Oct-20 22:02:02

Not sure about that, Ladyleftfieldlover. I can’t stand Emma Thompson’s posturing, but she’s a very fine actor whom I would always watch.

merlotgran Mon 26-Oct-20 21:38:01

merlotgran

^Staging said interview in the smallest cosiest room in the house where the lighting is subtle, preferably ethically sourced candles, crystals and worthy reading material strategically arranged around one's humble hovel.^

In Harry and Meghan's case I suspect the 'room' is actually a stage set plonked in an out of the way area of their mansion. It was the hideous fireplace that convinced me. grin

Ha ha! I wasn't far off the mark. Apparently, rather than invite the teenagers to their mansion to record the podcast on mental health, they rented a nearby beach front property for $400 an hour.

DanniRae Mon 26-Oct-20 18:43:51

Thanks sodapop!! grin