Gransnet forums

Chat

Celebrities who are self absorbed and irritate you.

(99 Posts)
NanKate Sat 24-Oct-20 22:33:02

If I see Philip Schofield again in the arms of a fellow presenter weeping and wailing about ‘coming out’ I shall be sick.

He’s gay, so what. Just get on with your privileged life. No doubt he will be writing a book about it soon.

I had to turn off Saturday Live, which I usually thoroughly enjoy, as I had to avoid hearing him.

Any celebrities you can’t stand ?

Chewbacca Sat 24-Oct-20 22:33:56

Most of them

Lucca Sat 24-Oct-20 22:35:52

Does this replace the thread about people getting on ones pips ??

NanKate Sat 24-Oct-20 22:42:36

Thanks for telling me Lucca. I shall put my thoughts on that thread when I find it. ?

Greenfinch Sat 24-Oct-20 22:52:56

I think that thread refers to female celebrities but I quite agree with you NanKate about Philip Schofield. He is totally over exposed.

BlueBelle Sat 24-Oct-20 23:01:07

It has females in the title but lots of men mentioned in the posts

Lilypops Sat 24-Oct-20 23:07:13

Caroline Quentin on strictly tonight. Totally over the top. Crying, pulling faces, oh me,me , and me ,
So irritating. But she did dance well with Johannesburg ,

Vickysponge Sat 24-Oct-20 23:13:07

Completely agree re Schofield over exposed and boring. Cannot stand him or Willoughby.

Spangler Sat 24-Oct-20 23:27:48

Craig Revels-Chocolates who judges on Strictly. The original Mister Nasty who likes to call everyone dahling. Still smarting because Len Goodman & Bruno Tonioli judged the American version of Strictly and he didn't get the call.

Lucca Sat 24-Oct-20 23:34:34

Meow Spangler.

Curlywhirly Sat 24-Oct-20 23:41:10

Amanda Holden and her terrible forced laugh. She might be a lovely person, but she just doesn't come across well at all and seems so self-obsessed.

GrandmaKT Sat 24-Oct-20 23:44:35

"No doubt he will be writing a book about it soon"

merlotgran Sat 24-Oct-20 23:44:53

Strictly would be nothing without Craig Revel Horwood.

Spangler Sat 24-Oct-20 23:52:25

Lucca

Meow Spangler.

I'll give you that Lucca, but you have to tell me what Kim Kardashian actually does, and although I have never seen her, how come I have heard of her.

Is she one of those famous for being famous types, like the Big Brother woman, who died young, can't remember her name.

honeyrose Sun 25-Oct-20 00:41:19

I can’t abide Vanessa Feltz. So insincere and loves the sound of her own voice, much too wordy. And the way she says “goodbye” to callers on whichever radio 2 she is hosting.... don’t! Just don’t!! She can’t get rid of callers quick enough! They’re full flow and she cuts them off. There are nicer ways, Vanessa!

Spangler Sun 25-Oct-20 00:54:23

merlotgran Sat 24-Oct-20 23:44:53
Strictly would be nothing without Craig Revel Horwood.

No need to endorse that, he already knows it. So up his own arse.

Stephenmarra Sun 25-Oct-20 01:51:39

Bono of U2 is so far up his own ass it's untrue.
What's the differences between God and Bono ?
God doesn't walk the streets of Dublin thinking he's Bono.
Not his biggest fan, although grudgingly U2's early music is pretty darn good.

Lucca Sun 25-Oct-20 07:41:01

“I'll give you that Lucca, but you have to tell me what Kim Kardashian actually does, and although I have never seen her, how come I have heard of her. “
Are you asking me ? I’ve no idea.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 25-Oct-20 07:47:43

I believe that Kim K originally became famous due to a sex tape which was 'leaked' on the internet. Only in America? Is now fabulously wealthy due to cavorting about in tight clothes and 'product placement' and the whole family joins in. I think pathetic is the word.
I never watch chat or talent shows so I couldn't say who's self absorbed these days.

PollyDolly Sun 25-Oct-20 07:59:37

Keith Lemon, all of the Kardashians, any self indulgent individual who deems it necessary to enlighten us all with programmes on their "real lives" whether it's Cheshire or anywhere else in the world, Jeremy Vine, Vanessa Feltz, any WAG of a sports personality, Camilla (yes, the Duchess) Daniel O'Donnell.............. I should stop there!

Sparklefizz Sun 25-Oct-20 08:10:46

Good thread NanKate. I can't stand Philip Schofield and all the fuss he and others (Holly W etc) have made over his coming out. Ashley Banjo (on Dancing on Ice the day after PS broke the news) jumped on the bandwagon and called him "a legend". Whaaaat?

Apparently he only "came out" because the much younger researcher on the ITV set he had been having an affair with, threatened to go to the papers when PS dumped him.

What about Schofield's poor wife? My sympathies lie with her.

Stephenmarra God doesn't walk the streets of Dublin thinking he's Bono. Love it grin

I find Amanda Holden irritating and vacuous and self-obsessed. Dislike Emma Thompson and Benedict Cumberbatch for their preachy and hypocritical behaviour. Gary Lineker ditto. Anybody who exhibits "luvvie" behaviour eg. Caroline Quentin last night on Strictly.

Actually I seem to have turned into Victor Meldrew and dislike most celebs.

Sparklefizz Sun 25-Oct-20 08:12:45

Thanks Pollydolly for reminding me .... Yes, Jeremy Vine when he puts on his sanctimonious voice on Radio 2, and all his smirking and simpering when he was on Strictly.

Dorsetcupcake61 Sun 25-Oct-20 08:13:11

There are so many irritating celebrities! I must admit I had not been keen on Philip Schofield for a long time,regardless of his sexuality. He just seemed rather smug and a couple of times when interviewing people the mask of niceness slipped! I think Holly Willoughby is a bit overrated. I dont think either of them are as wonderful as they think they are!

FannyCornforth Sun 25-Oct-20 08:24:28

It's true regarding PS and the runner, his name is Matthew McCreevy.
I don't think that it was MM who was going to go to the papers though.
Ruth Langford complained to ITV about their relationship.
It was very dodgy.

FannyCornforth Sun 25-Oct-20 08:25:56

His photo on the cover of that book is hilarious!
Could he look any more smug?!